Frankie's

Contact 707-937-2436

44951 Ukiah St (at Lansing St), Mendocino, California, USA, 95460

Serves meat, vegan options available. Will make any of the pizzas vegan, with Daiya cheese. The sauce and dough is already vegan. Also has coconut bliss bars, soy delicous vanilla ice cream, and vegan lasagna with rice noodles and vegan Daiya cheese on top. Tue-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Non-veg

First Review by kimward8

decent vegan option - Edit

The falafel is ok, very filling. The vegan pizza is full of large veggies and they have Daiya cheese if you want it. They had a good soup as well. For a small town without a lot of vegan options this is a good find. The person behind the counter was kind of gruff and disinterested we were there

Pros: more than one option, tasty

Cons: a little expensive , not the friendliest place

Good Pizza, Expensive - Edit

I had a tasty 12" pizza with gluten free crust, vegan pesto, roasted red peppers and a few pine nuts. I also had a flavored seltzer and a mini scoop of fruit sorbet. It cost around $30. Fresh and tasty but not reasonable lunch money.

Excellent Vegan Options - Edit

Delicious pizza, as for them to make it crispy with Daiya cheese and you favorite veggies. Also the Falafel was great, freshest local organic veggies on it. Seating is cramped, full of screaming children getting ice cream. Not particularly clean.

Pros: Great food, Ample vegan options, Organic local veggies

Cons: Cramped seating, Too many children screaming

vegan options - Edit

We stopped in for a late lunch when it wasn't crowded at all. The lady behind the counter was very friendly and let us know the vegan options when we asked. She said they can either make no cheese or Daiya cheese pizzas and that the pesto is vegan. We got the Daiya, but had it added sparingly. Our pizza was half pesto and half red sauce (the #3 and #4). The toppings were already just veggies, so it was an easy order. The pizza was ready in 15 minutes as promised. It was good, but nothing special. They were all out of ice cream (both vegan and non-vegan), so we were not able to try any.

Pros: vegan pesto, friendly service

Cons: not all vegan

OK Vegan Pizza - Edit

Sign on the front door says they are hiring servers, so perhaps by the time your read this, the service will have improved. I had to wait a long time to order. The kitchen turned around our order quickly, though. We got two small pizzas -- one pesto sauce, one red sauce -- with roasted red peppers, roasted onions, and vegan Daiya cheese. Pesto one also had mushrooms. Server said it would be cheaper to order one medium with half of each sauce, but I liked the separate pizzas, glad I did. Pizza was OK, toppings OK, nothing to rave about. Dining room was cramped, but a little too cold for eating outdoors.

Pros: Vegan sauces, Vegan cheese, Roasted Red Pepper and Onions

Cons: Slow counter service, Small eating area

Good vegan pizza! - Edit

Came here for dinner while on vacation and was happy with the vegan options. In addition to the dough and sauce being vegan, the pesto is also vegan which is a plus! I ordered the pesto pizza with daiya cheese and thought it was tasty. The flavors blending together nicely. I also spotted coconut ice cream on the menu but was too full to indulge in it. Would come back again when I'm in the area.

Contributions +195

Good for a non veg place. - Edit

Like most of Mendocino, it can get a bit pricey, but not too bad. Always Vegan options for pizzas, sorbet (it's mainly a pizza and ice cream parlor), tamales, and I am very partial to the Vegan Lasagna(served with a nice organic green salad). Unfortunately, there are no Vegan 'by the slice' options. Though once I walked in at 10 minutes before close and the counter girl told me sorry, orders have to be in at least 20 minutes before close. I lamented, then the owner popped his head out, "what did you want" - "Vegan Lasagna" i replied. "oh, yeah, we'll always do Veg late" he says. - Awesome.
The owners are big in the local community garden and serious about organics and healthy....Also have local musicians many nights of the week, and serve beer and wine.

Pros: Good vegan options, Independent, Nice ambience

Cons: teeny bit pricey, no Vegan individual slices

wow, so glad to read the other reviews, I was just - Edit

I just used to go here for the ice cream and root beer floats, so awesome to know they have vegan pizza now, too! Frankie's is a great old fashion type ice cream and pizza parlor. We usually hit up Frankie's around lunch, it can get crowded, too.

Pros: rootbeer floats

Vegan Pesto Pizza - Edit

Great place, I'm glad we found it in Mendocino when staying at the Stanford Inn, as the vegan Ravens restaurant there doesn't do lunch. The pesto sauce for their pizzas is vegan as well as their regular sauce and dough and is delicious. You can order any of their pizzas vegan style with daiya cheese. It's a nice break from the healthy food at Ravens, and it's also a nice break for any non-vegan relatives who you've convinced to stay with you at the Stanford Inn!

Return to Mendocino Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Frankie's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2103 times since Jul 2011.