Goodlife Cafe and Bakery

Contact 707-937-0836

10483 Lansing St, Mendocino, California, USA, 95460

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small, casual cafe offering coffee, organic pastries, breakfast food, lunch soup and salads. Under current management since spring 2012. Mon-Sat 8:00am-5:00pm, Sun 8:00am-4:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Take-out, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by ShantiPeace

Ate there 2 days in a row on our Mendocino visit...awesome! - Edit

Fresh produce, fresh made...you can feel the love. Service is very efficient- you can tell they have their act together. They have simple vegan friendly options including soups, sandwiches, and salads or you can design your own. I had a BLT vegan style on buckwheat bread with avocado in place of the bacon. Piled so high, I could barely get my mouth around the sandwich. My husband had the BLT (with bacon) and loved it. Bread is thick. Also had the Asian coleslaw as a side that was excellent and the Asian noodle salad another day. Both made with a bit of tahini and ginger. Clean surroundings, with outside dining. This was a pleasant surprise.

Pros: Variety for vegan options, Easy service, not daunted by changes, Clean

Cons: Can't think of any...

Be careful!! - Edit

I had a wonderful pumpkin curry with chickpeas, added tofu and brown rice. It totally hit the spot. I also had a scone made out of Almond meal. Really wonderful.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday June 30, 2015
I just ate there again and had a very unfortunate experience. I ordered the vegan lentil and veggie soup and when I got towards the bottom of the bowl I found some small pieces of chicken—very uncool. I bought the bowl to the counter and asked if it was supposed to be vegan and they said yes, then I asked why I had found chicken and pointed to it on the plate and they said a mistake had been made and that they were sorry. Decide for yourself.

Return to Mendocino Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Goodlife Cafe and Bakery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1223 times since Feb 2013.