Last updated on June 24, 2022.
Welcome to HappyCow ("the Platform"), which is provided by HappyCow, Inc (collectively, "HappyCow", "we", "us", or "our"). HappyCow is a member of the "Green Monday Group" of companies (which includes, but is not limited to, Green Monday Holdings Limited, and one of its affiliates, Green Monday Foundation) and our parent entity is Green Monday Holdings Limited ("the Company").
Acceptance of Terms
Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, and any access to or use of Services will be governed by the laws of the state of California, U.S.A.
You will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark, or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Services.
You may copy, or download, and print a limited amount of content, for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided that (a) you include, without modification, all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the content, (b) you do not modify the content, (c) you do not use the content in a manner that suggests HappyCow promotes or endorses your, or any third party's, causes, ideas, websites, products or services, and (d) you do not use the content in any way that is unlawful or harmful to any other person or entity. In addition, you may use apps, widgets and tools on the Services that allow selected User Materials to appear on your mobile device, personal, noncommercial website, weblog or other application, subject to the conditions in the preceding sentence. No quotes from any material on the Services may be used in any media without attribution to HappyCow.
Any other use of Services content requires prior written permission from HappyCow.
Through the community features of the Services, users may post, upload, transmit and/or otherwise submit (hereinafter "Submit") comments, messages, text, photos, images, and other content materials, as well as make recommendations, on or through the Services of the Platform ("User Materials"). You agree to post only images of items you personally own or licensed and were not acquired through theft or other unlawful means. You acknowledge that User Materials may be routed through our servers, the servers of one or more third parties on our behalf, and the Internet, and may be viewed by the HappyCow staff and on the Services by the general public. You acknowledge that the Services are for public and not private communications.
HappyCow reserves the right to screen, refuse to post, remove or edit User Materials at any time and for any reason or no reason in its absolute and sole discretion without prior notice, although it has no duty to do so. If HappyCow elects to screen User Materials, there may be a delay in the posting of such content to allow for a review process. If HappyCow has questions about your User Materials, HappyCow retains the right, but not the duty, to contact you for further information, including, for example, to verify that you own the copyright or otherwise have the rights to post the User Materials.
Entries submitted for posting are selected entirely at the discretion of HappyCow. You acknowledge and agree that HappyCow shall have no obligation to post, display or otherwise make publicly available any photo, information, or other content submitted by you, and may, in its sole discretion, remove, edit, modify or delete any photo, information, or other content that you submit to the Services.
By submitting any photo, content, or information to HappyCow, you represent that the submitted photo or information does not and shall not infringe on any copyright, any rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party, and you have the right to grant any and all rights and licenses granted to HappyCow. You understand and intend that any photo, content, or information submitted by you to HappyCow may be available for viewing, rating, review and comment on by the public, and understand that comments or ratings with which you disagree or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with any photo, content, or information you submit to the Services.
Content (Restrictions on Use)
You agree that you will not:
- use the Services for promotional or commercial purposes, except as expressly permitted by HappyCow;
- modify, adapt, appropriate, reproduce, distribute, translate, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display, sell, trade, or in any way exploit the Services or Services Content (other than your own added content), except as expressly authorized by HappyCow;
- reverse engineer any portion of the Services, except as may be permitted under the law;
- remove or modify any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice on the Services or on any materials printed or copied off of the Services;
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve, scrape, or index the Services or any Services Content with the exception of RSS feeds;
- access, retrieve or index the Services to construct or populate a searchable database of business reviews;
- reformat or frame any portion of the Services without consent by HappyCow;
- take any action that (i) imposes or may impose, in HappyCow's sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure or server, including but not limited to, throttle violations; (ii) interferes or attempts to interfere with the proper working of the Services or any activities conducted on the Services; or (iii) bypasses any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Services;
Solely as examples, and not in any way limited to the following examples, you agree not to use the Services:
- To abuse, harass, threaten, stalk, impersonate, or intimidate other users of the Platform
- To post or transmit any content that is infringing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive, profane, or otherwise violates any law or right of any third party, or content that is degrading, intimidating, or hateful toward an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age or disability
- For any illegal or unauthorized purpose. If you are an international user, you agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content
- To post or transmit any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any Platform user
- To create or submit unwanted email or communications to any other users of the Platform
- To use or access the Services in any manner that violates any laws in your jurisdiction
- To submit links to or comments soliciting on behalf of multi-level marketing schemes (so-called pyramid schemes)
- To attempt to impersonate another user or person
- To sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
HappyCow Forums & Chat Room
HappyCow welcomes those who are:
- vegan, vegetarian, herbivore, raw foodist
- have a sincere interest in becoming vegan, eating healthy, and/or compassion towards animals.
- Trolls, Pro-meat/hunting/etc debate
- Personal attacks on other members
- Multiple accounts
- Content inappropriate for minors: profanity, sexual content, promoting illegal activities, etc.
- Members under 13 years of age
- Posting private contact information (address/phone/email/etc) of others
- Posting promotions unrelated to veganism
- Posting promotion of animal abuse
- Postings which promote consumption of animal by-products
Additional Forum Rules
- Please stay on topic
- Use descriptive thread titles
- Please report any violations
- Do not discuss private correspondence publicly (pm's, e-mail, etc) without permission from all parties involved.
Violators may be subject to warnings, suspensions, or banned from the Services at the discretion of HappyCow's administrators.
Additional Reasons for User Content Removal or Account Suspension: here
Right to Terminate
HappyCow is based in the State of California, USA. HappyCow makes no representation that content, materials or products available on or through the Platform are appropriate or available for use outside of the United States. If you are accessing the Platform from a location outside the United States, then you are responsible for compliance with applicable laws, including local laws regarding online conduct and content, and U.S. export laws and regulations
Links and Search Results
The Services may automatically produce search results that reference or link to third-party sites throughout the World Wide Web. HappyCow has no control over these sites or the content within them. HappyCow cannot guarantee, represent, or warrant that the content contained in these sites is accurate, legal, and/or inoffensive. HappyCow does not endorse the content of any third-party site, nor do we warrant that it will not contain viruses or otherwise impact your computer. By using the Services to search for or link to another site, you agree and understand that you may not make any claim against HappyCow for any damages or losses, whatsoever, resulting from your use of the Services to obtain search results or to link to another site. If you have a problem with a link from the Services, please notify HappyCow, and HappyCow will investigate your claim and take any actions HappyCow deems appropriate at our sole discretion.
The service of the site, content and Services are provided on an "As Is" basis, without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
You understand and agree that sending unsolicited email advertisements or posting unsolicited advertisements in the comments or through the Services' computer systems in any way is expressly prohibited by these terms. Any unauthorized use of the Platform computer systems is a violation of these Terms, as well as certain federal and state laws, including, without limitation, the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (18 U.S.C. § 1030 et seq.), Section 502 of the California Penal Code and Section 17538.45 of the California Business and Professions Code. Such violations may subject the sender and his or her agents to civil and criminal penalties.
Children Under Age 13:
HappyCow's Services are not directed to children. Persons under the age of 13 are not permitted to use our Services without parental consent. If you are a country that has different regulations you expect to abide by your applicable local laws. HappyCow has no actual knowledge that it collects personal information from anyone under the age of 13. Any information found to be collected from someone under age 13 will be deleted promptly, and without notice. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under age 13, please contact our Privacy Officer.
Limitation of Liability
You agree that in no event shall HappyCow be liable under contract, tort or strict liability, negligence or any other legal theory (i) with respect to the Services, the services available on the Services or any content available on the Services for any lost profits or special, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential damages of any kind whatsoever, (ii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iii) for any direct damages in excess of (in the aggregate) $100. If your state does not allow for the limitation or exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, the above provision may not apply to you.
If you create an account on the Services, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and its content, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the Services. You must not describe or assign content to your account in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and HappyCow may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful. You must immediately notify HappyCow of any unauthorized uses of your account or any other breaches of security. You agree that HappyCow will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
HappyCow has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material posted on or linked to the Services, and cannot therefore be responsible for user posted content, use or effects. By operating the Services, HappyCow does not represent or imply that it endorses the user material posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking all necessary precautions to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and any harmful or destructive content.
You acknowledge that HappyCow has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: which users gain access to the Services or use the services available on the Services; what effects the content may have on you; how you may interpret or use the content; or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the content. You release HappyCow from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired content through the Services or the services available on the Services. The Services may contain, or direct you to sites containing, information that some people may find offensive, inappropriate or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, violations of privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. HappyCow makes no representations concerning any content contained in or accessed through the Services or services available on the Services, and HappyCow will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Services or the services available on the Services and disclaims responsibility for any resultant harm.