Terre a Terre

+44-1273-729051

71 East Street, Brighton, England, BN1 1HQ

Contemporary vegetarian food cuisine incorporating multi-ethnic tastes and cooking techniques. A la carte menu, children's menu, afternoon teas, organic wine, sweets. Also sells cookbook and some produce. Non-smoking. Reservations necessary on weekends. Open Tue-Fri 12:00pm-10:30pm, Sat 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Western, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering

First Review by Stevie

Interesting food - Edit

My favourite restaurant in Brighton. Weird and wonderful dishes creatively presented. Staff very helpful but could be more knowledgeable about allergies. Service can be slow, although that doesn’t bother me as it’s such a relaxing place to sit around and chat to friends or just enjoy the atmosphere and savour all the wonderful flavours.

Unbelievably delicious - Edit

I cannot fault this place. Me and my girlfriend visited Terre a Terre for our anniversary, and what a perfect choice it was. The food, the staff, the atmosphere, everything was faultless. Everything about the food was just a pleasure to the senses, the look, the smell, the taste, the textures, everything. We were served by an amazing gentleman called Dirk, he was so attentive, we ordered based on his recommendations (which were a fantastic choices), he knew the menu like the back of his hand, he was so warm and friendly, he is a credit to the restaurant. More than happy to pay more for such high quality food and service. Can't wait to come back

Pros: Food, Location, Staff, Atmosphere,

Disappointed - Edit

Wayyy over priced for 2 ice berg lettuce leaves with mostly what I can only describe as Mayo thrown in. Teensiest bit of whatever the food was meant to be in there. Service not very friendly, said thanks on the way out and didn't even get a response back. Not relaxed atmosphere (I was eating alone) and the food took about twenty minutes, even though it was a cold, tiny dish. If you want good quality, reasonably priced tapas you should go to root candi

Pros: liked the look of the menu

Cons: small portions, not great quality , over priced , unfriendly

Not too much vegan choice but superb food - Edit

Going there for the second time we already had to repeat some courses because most dishes are not vegan, BUT: what you get is amazing!
Very friendly and totally professional staff, nice elegant atmosphere.
Tip: Get the mixed starter plate and the vegan churros!

Pros: Fantastic food, Friendly

Cons: Comes at a high price (but worth it)

TERRE-IFIC! - Edit

My wife and I visited Terra a Terra over Easter and were treated to a fantastic fine dining vegan experience. The food was delicious and visually stunning. We ordered the Bangkok broken balls to start, which were coconut Thai rice balls served with peanuts and a lovely dressing, followed by the big bamboo steam dreamer, which we made vegan and the KFC to share. The steam dreamer and KFC (Korean Fried Cauliflower) were delicious in particular. To end we got the rice cream, which was again lovely but a little too sharp for my wife. The presentation of all the dishes was beautiful and the the staff were very helpful and attentive to your needs. I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough and cannot wait to go back.

Pros: Fantastic food & presentation, Fine Dining Experience, Great Staff

Cons: Quite expensive but well worth it!

Exquisite - Edit

My wife and I visited Terra a Terra for dinner recently whilst on a weekend away. We had heard good reports and were not disappointed. The food was amazing, it was imaginative, beautifully presented and wonderfully delicious. The staff were lovely, helpful and attentive. We enjoyed the experience so much we returned the following afternoon for the vegan afternoon tea which was equally as fantastic. I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough

Pros: Exquisite food, Afternoon tea, excellent staff

Quality - Edit

The tapas contained a great variety of vegetarian dishes. Good service.

Pros: vegan options, quality foods

Cons: expensive

gormet vegan - Edit

I had the tapas and it was beautifully presented and delicious! The staff recommended a KFC starter that was also great and the staff were so knowledgeable and happy to help. My boyfriend had the gnocchi which was also really delicious!

One of the best meals I've ever had - Edit

I would visit Brighton just to eat here - food was amazing. Service is also excellent. I wish they would open in London! The only thing I would say is that the churros are regular donuts, not Spanish donuts. But definitely worth ordering!

good for a fancy special dinner - Edit

loved everything here. Best gnocchi I've ever had. the tofu skewer was also really good. Just try everything and save room for dessert.

Great ! - Edit

I went there during a trip in Brighton. The staff was so nice with us and very helpful. The food was teasting great, but the best was the desserts ! The bad point goes too the price : it's a bit expensive !

Pros: Dessert, Staff

Cons: Expensive

Wonderful! - Edit

We had not been here in a couple of years, but the food seems to be much better than I remembered. It was always good, but now it seems to be at a whole new level. Lovely flavor combinations, and beautifully presented. Definitely worth the trip to Brighton.

Pros: Delicious food, Interesting cocktails, Churros!!

Cons: Far from London

Dishes that are out of this world! - Edit

Amazing vegetarian and vegan food! A delight for all your senses! Also beautiful dining room and goodies to purchase!

Pros: amazing presentation, friendly service, great atmosphere

The fanciest vegan food - Edit

Terre a terre is the most upmarket meat-free restaurant I've been to, with a fitting price tag, and it provides the finest vegan food I've had. It's perfect for a special occasion. For a starter you really can't do much better than the sharing platter which incorporates little morsels from all around the menu. There are so many beautiful tastes, it just fills you with excitement about the meal to come. The mains were great too, and they were the perfect size and pacing for a three course meal. For dessert the churros are incredible, especially the salted caramel dip. The staff are friendly without being obtrusive, and the place itself is smart-casual. A wonderful dining experience.

well presented but bland... - Edit

Lovely looking upmarket restaurant, food was very well presented and there were lots of vegan choices on the menu. I was underwhelmed by all three vegan courses on the set menu. Descriptions on the menu suggest a mix of many different flavours but I found all three courses rather bland. My partner ate vegetarian dishes and was happy, so perhaps this just applies to the vegan dishes. Disappointing, particularly as it was more expensive than most places in Brighton.

So good! Perfect for a special occasion. - Edit

Have eaten here for my birthday this year and last, and not even been in Brighton in between, but when me and my partner walked through the door, the waiter actually recognised my face, and remembered that I was vegan! Whaaat! Unless he's just super cheeky and made a lucky guess :)I mean I recognised him too, but presumably he sees a couple of hundred new faces every week working there! When I mentioned that I was returning for a birthday dinner since I loved it so much last year, he must have tipped off the pastry chefs, because my Churros (god I love those churros) arrived with a 'happy birthday' piped onto the plate in melted chocolate, and a candle! Brought a tear to my eye, so nice!

The food as always was gorgeous, I'm glad we went for Terre a Tapas for our starter, it may seem expensive at £20 (it serves two) but it's actually HUGE and contained some incredible stuff, including a butterbean 'cassoulet', which was dusted with something incredibly smoky and yummy...I was swooning.

Well done Terre a Terre!

Also. Cocktails. Get them. You will not be sorry, I've tried most of them by now and they're all fabulous.

Pros: Service, Cocktails, Creative menu

Cons: Could have more vegan options ;)

A must if you're in Brighton - Edit

I'm vegan and my partner eats meat but we both agree this is our favourite restaurant of all time. If I want to impress people I always bring them to this place; about a year ago we bought a couple of our friends here from France, when it comes to food and wine they have very high standards. They loved both the food AND the wine at Terre a Terre and still talk about it to this day! It's pricey, but if you're travelling by train it's included in the Southern Rail 2 for 1 offer booklet.

Pros: Extensive and creative menu, Helpful and knowledgeable staff, Totally unique

Cons: Expensive

Still the best. - Edit

Been coming here for years, they constantly innovate creating the best fresh menus for veggies & vegans alike. Puds are worth a visit alone.

Pros: Great service, Good for vegans, Best puds around.

Cons: none

Return to Brighton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Terre a Terre closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.