First Review by jojoinbrighton

Heaven. - Edit

I was in Brighton for 2 days and each morning ended up in Boho Gelato with 2 scoops in my first vegan ice cream cone! They don't just offer sorbets for vegans like most places so I was so excited to stumble across it. They offer 6 vegan ice cream flavours a day and each flavour i tried was incredible!

Pros: Options, Vegan cones, Friendly staff

Cons: Hard to find

Soft and flavourful - Edit

Boho Gelato always has a choice of vegan options for sorbet. The flavours come through well and the texture is creamy and soft. Staff are happy for you to test flavours out to decide which one you want! Plus the cones are vegan, including the chocolate ones.

Pros: Good range of vegan options, Great texture, Try before you buy

Cons: Not all vegan

Ideal ice cream - Edit

Boho Gelato has a couple of vegan options every day - when I went they were speculoos and chocolate raspberry, so naturally I had to have both (in a vegan cone too), and they were delicious! It's just round the corner from the beach, so you can enjoy them on the pier.

Best Ice Cream Ever! - Edit

I love Boho Gelato. I would go there every day if I could. they do interesting exciting flavours as well as the classics and they always have a decent range of vegan flavours, you just need to ask which ones they are. my favourite flavour in chocolate, blood orange and cinnamon.

I got a box of Boho ice cream for my birthday. Definitely one of the best birthday presents I've had.

Pros: friendly, often new flavours

Tasty vegan ice cream - Edit

I came here with some friends to try their vegan ice cream and it was delicious! The staff were very knowledgeable about which options were vegan (including the cones) and it was very nice to be able to get some vegan ice cream and sit on Brighton beach. This would be a five star review if they only labelled their ice creams to show which ones are vegan instead of needing to ask!

Pros: Vegan ice cream by the beach, Friendly, helpful staff, Very high quality

Cons: Limited vegan range (only 6), Not labelled vegan

Six Vegan Choices! - Edit

I lived in Florence last year and would get vegan gelato several times a week. Boho's gelato is even better! I had vegan chocolate peanut butter, cherry bakewell, and mango flavours. It was delicious and excellent! Will be going back.

Pros: six vegan flavours, not all sorbet - good real flavors, affordable

A must try! - Edit

Amazing ice-cream, with usually six vegan options. Usually they have very unique flavours, although sometimes they can be a little dull if it's just fruity flavours. I prefer the more unusual combinations, but it all tastes amazing. The cones are vegan, too - I love the chocolate dipped ones! Great location with it being quite central and near the seafront.

Pros: Usually at least six vegan options, Great value for money, Great location

Vegan ice cream heaven in Brighton! - Edit

Fantastic to find 6 different unusual freshly-made ice creams suitable for vegans. When we went:
Coffee and Hazlenut
Chilli Chocolate
Strawberry, basil and black pepper
Chocolate, blood orange and figs
All looked gorgeous. Friendly staff gave us little tastes to help us choose which ones to have! We tried a few between us and they were fantastic, really good strong flavours and great texture of ice cream, really smooth and creamy. We'll be back!
There was plenty of seating inside and out when we visited, plus it's just a step back from the seafront so you can always head to the beach with your ice cream for that holiday feeling!

Updated from previous review on Tuesday April 30, 2013
Fewer vegan options today, but still excellent flavours:
Chocolate Lime
Alfonso Mango
Raspberry & Elderflower

Pros: vegan options, unusual flavours, friendly

Cons: expensive so occasional treat!, more vegan toppings would be cool!

Inspired flavours, so creamy yet vegan! - Edit

When I used to think of sorbets I thought of the watery icy sort you get in the supermarket. Nothing like that here! These sorbets are so smooth and so creamy, you just wouldn't believe they are vegan.

They always have 4-6 vegan flavours (24 flavours overall) ranging from fruity to chocolatey and the taste combinations are inspired. The new creme brûlée and chocolate peanut butter sorbet flavours are proving very popular but I lean more towards bakewell tart, coffee hazelnut, chocolate lime, chocolate coconut or chocolate rose. My partner likes the fruity ones more.

I used to dream of the fab vegan ice cream in NYC but having been spoilt with a regular supply of Boho Gelato sorbets I have to admit the NYC ice creams just didn't impress me in the same way when I was there recently, even my favourite flavours. That's how good this stuff is!

You can buy these by the scoop in a cone or a cup but you can also buy them in a larger amount to take away which is really good value (in a plastic tub or a polystyrene insulated container if you need to keep it cold for longer to get it home).

The staff are so friendly and knowledgeable about their products and the sorbets and gelatos are made on the premises. You can try a few tasters before you choose what to have so what are you waiting for? Get down to Boho Gelato asap, you won't regret it.

During the summer they stay open later, sometimes til after 7pm depending on how busy it is. It's a good idea to ring and check if you're coming in late.

Pros: Amazing vegan flavours, a good range of 4-6 to choose from, some indoor & outdoor seating

Lots of vegan options - Edit

I have been going to Boho Gelato for several months now and I am always impressed by the vegan options. They usually have about 6 vegan options - all sorbets although they are so creamy they taste like ice cream. Yesterday they had berry, mojito, chocolate and avocado for example. The flavours vary so there is often something different to try. Cones are vegan also. Staff always helpful. Highly recommend.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Changing flavours

Cons: Not alot of seating inside or out

Delicious Gelato. - Edit

I love Boho Gelato! They usually have six vegan options daily and they're located on the front left of the display case. The plain cones are vegan too and the staff are always super knowledgeable and happy to answer any questions. My favourite flavours are Pistachio, Hazelnut, Mint Chocolate, Pink Lemonade, Mojito and Choc & Blood Orange.

Pros: Exciting options, vegan cones, lovely staff

Cons: Not open late

Return to Brighton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Boho Gelato closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2838 times since Oct 2012.