Teresa Carles Cocina Vegetariana

Jovellanos, 2 (at Metro: Placa Catalunya or Universidad Metro), Barcelona, Spain, 08001

Family-owned establishment that's part of a small network of individualized vegetarian restaurants including: Vegetalia in Barcelona, Paradis in Lleida, and Baobab in Zaragoza. Offers breakfast, brunch, dinner, and takeaway. There is a salad bar and 3 daily changing menu options which usually includes at least 1 vegan. English spoken. Busy, pleasant atmosphere, eclectic ambient music, modern decor. Opened since March 2011. Previously named Vegetalia - Jovellanos (same owners). Open Mon-Sun 12:00am-12:00am, Mon-Sun 9:00am-12:00am.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, International, Western, Salad bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Spanish

First Review by Ruby X

Cozy - Edit

Cozy place, really good food

la meilleure cuisine végé de bcn - Edit

L'ambiance du restaurant est assez sombre, ce qui tranche avec Flax & Kale qui appartient au même groupe. Ici, on mange d'excellents plats préparés sur place. OK, c'est cher mais mieux vaut ne pas passer à côté. L'assiette d'aubergine (végétarien) est d'un fondant absolu: absolument divin. Certes, les proportions ne sont pas non plus énormes.

Pros: excellentissime, calme, service discret

Cons: cher, raffiné

Fine dining, best vegan croquette and sangria! Interesting vegan tuna! - Edit

We ordered 3 different vegan Tapas and probably one of the best Sangrias we had in the city (Rosé). La Bomba de Barcelonetta turned out being a delicious croquette filled with artichoke, topped with vegan mayo and a red sauce. Creamy inside and a crunchy crust, soo good... The veggie tempura had green asparagus, squash, carrots and leaks and was served with a very good spicy sauce. We ordered vegan tuna and got a platter with a little can filled with juicy vegan "fish" and some pan con tomate on the side. For dessert we had the snowflake cake which was a good solid vegan cake, but also not as special and delicate as the rest of the dishes. I would try next time the vegan millefleur or one of the other vegan desserts. The atmosphere is modern, cozy and a bit fancy (in a good way), so if you want to go out for a dinner on a special occasion, this is the place.

tasty vegan options and great service - Edit

I was impressed with the service and their kale soup. Also their desserts were great and their bread. Really pleasant inside and vegan options clearly marked on the menu, which I think were a great majority of the menu. Definitely coming back

Fresh food - Edit

English menu with vegan options clearly marked.
The food was very fresh and home cooked which is great and the vegan cakes were amazing.
I did enjoy our dinner here, however we did feel a little underwhelmed by the portion size in comparison with the price . The vegan lasagna could have been better with a side of bread or potatoes perhaps. I was disappointed the seitan burger isn't vegan.
If it wasn't for how good the cakes were I would have probably only awarded 3 starts.

Pros: Fresh

Cons: Portions could be bigger for price, Majority vegetarian menu

Recommended - Edit

I came with friends from Sweden and Norway and both, they and I, were delighted. We will be back!

Pros: excellent food, excellent staff, beautiful place

Cons: not 100% vegan (vegetarian)

best vegan restaurant in Barcelona by far - Edit

I come here every time I am in Barcelona (1 at month) and since I found this restaurant I bring all my friends and they all love it.
Food is just incredible,staff is super friendly,location excellent honestly the best vegatarian/vegan restaurant I have been in Barcelona (and I have been to many)

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, quality for money

Cons: nothing

very nice. 40% vegan... I wish it was 100% vegan - Edit

very loud when I visited. but worth it. I had a small tapa with a bomba de la Barcelona and olives. this bomb was very nice. I had to order more of it. and the selva Negra vegan cake.. wow. I would come back for it.

it was amazing.

which shows the potential of this place to cook more vegan. or of course go full vegan.
it is always bittersweet to have amazing vegan food at a place that supports the cruel industries of dairy and eggs

Pros: very nice vegan food

Cons: supports dairy and eggs industry. so doesn't

Wonderful - Edit

We booked on 09/02/17 as we were in Barcelona for a long weekend for my partner's birthday.
The menu is very good with plenty of choice for vegans. I started with tempura veg and my partner had the veg tower. (she isn't vegan..she's not even a veggie!) Both were delicious.
The dipping sauce for the tempura was lip smackingly tangy!
I had the Portobello Freak and Do which was great, although the sauce is very rich. My partner had the pasta Lasanyuki which she enjoyed.
We had intended to have desserts but found the portions to be on the large side so were too stuffed!
We enjoyed the food so much we got a table on the Saturday night. This time we skipped starters and went for mains and desserts!
I had the Lasanyuki and my partner had the Pappardellisimi. Both delicious, the pasta was nice and thin and not stodgy in the least and the sauces rich, tasty and silky.
For dessert I had the Vegan Snowflake cake and my partner had the Vegan Selva Negra.
We will definitely go back when we are next in Barcelona.

Pros: Amazing food!, Great choice of vegan options, Friendly staff

Gutes Essen in schöner Atmosphäre - Edit

Dieses viel besuchte, hübsche Restaurant ist empfehlenswert. Die Auswahl der Speisen ist überschaubar. Die Speisekarte enthält englisch, spanisch und katalanisch.

Pros: Die abgepackten, kalt gepressten Säfte sind großar

Cons: Tendenziell ist es eher teuer

A bit too touristy - Edit

Food is good, but prices are a bit too high. It tends to be very busy, packed with tourists. I have been there a few times, the first time service was very slow, the last time it was a bit faster. I prefer a smaller, more intimate restaurant in which the waiters are not running around the restaurant.

Pros: Food is tasty, Great menu

Cons: too busy and full of tourists, Price a bit too high, Service could be a bit better

de lo mejor que he comido en mi vida :) - Edit

me encantó el menú. en especial recuerdo el postre vegano de sandía y menta. delicioso! y los jugos una delicia

Pros: menú variado y de alto nivel

Cons: relativamente caro

Popular restaurant - Edit

This big and popular restaurant had an extensive menu, with adequate vegan and gluten free choices. We had Bomba de la Barceloneta and Pickled Plant-based Tuna as appetizers, and Portobello Freak and Do, and crepe filled with artichoke (not vegan). The Portobello was way too salty, almost unbearably so. The dessert Vegan Mille-Feuille was wonderful. Overall this was an enjoyable restaurant.

I want to give it 5 stars but the app doesn't accept it - Edit

Delicious and healthy food in friendly atmosphere

Impressive - Edit

We visited here during our recent holiday and ordered the sweet heart and Berlin juices, which were very satisfying. Inside the decor is very impressive and inviting and most importantly the menu is very vegan friendly with some great options with meal deals available too at affordable prices. Can't wait to sample the food when we return.

Pros: Excellent vegan options, Decor, Nice vibe

DELICIOUS - Edit

This restaurant was right across from my rental apartment and was AMAZING!! My grandparents (omnivores) thought the food was amazing. The only dish that wasn't incredible was the first vegan pasta dish on the permanent menu. It has an insane amount of salt, but everything else I sampled was awesome!

Genial - Edit

Comida variada y de mucha calidad. Sin duda repetiremos! En dias festivos puede que tengas que esperar un poco pero lo gestionan muy bien. El precio es un poco caro pero vale la pena.

Pros: Calidad de la comida, Ambiente acogedor

Cons: Precio.

Very excited - Edit

This is a very cosy but busy place. You might have to wait for a place to sit, but if you're with a special some one I personally don't find it a problem.
It's not particularly pricy or expensive.
My boyf and I went there twice.
Overall it was good, for me it was either a very good or not that great.
First we got the Nachos to share, it doesn't look big but it really does some filling and I liked it. Then I got the lasagna, which was fine(I'm a bit of a picky eater sometimes) it's wasn't bad tho, I just wasn't jumping up and down my chair of excitements like with the desserts. My boyf got the aubergine/goat cheese thing and he really liked it. Then we got two desserts one cake that comes with chocolate your can pour on top of it DELICIOUS. And another white chocolate cake that literally made me melt in my chair. My boyf could not tell it was vegan. We took some bottle smoothies to go which is the only thing I will totally advice against, we did not drink them, it was so bad. We got the forever young and some kiwi/strawberry/cute looking one.
Second time there we were offered the bread with tomato on top(not free guys! He just made it sound like that) it was nice tho and it's like 1 euro a slice. I got the soup which didnt really fill and it wasn't that good. For dessert I got a fruity thing which was nice and fresh. TBH the 2nd time i was experimenting which was my own fault should have gone with some more safe choices.

Pros: Some of their dessert are amazing!

Cons: Bottled smoothies

Return to Barcelona Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Teresa Carles Cocina Vegetariana closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.