CLOSED: Ohlala

+49-3096086766

Mainzer Strasse 18, Berlin, Germany, 10247

A small vegan French pastry shop and cafe with Wi-Fi. Offers waffles and crepe, coffee and baked goods, and brunch on Saturday and Sunday. Offers varieties of non-dairy milks. OCT 2016 REPORTED SHUT. Open Tue-Fri 12:00pm-7:00pm, Sat-Sun 11:00am-7:00pm. Open hours vary, please call ahead.

Category: Vegan, Buffet, Take-out, Catering, European, French

First Review by wildfang

Good place if you like vegan cream - Edit

Well, this place has vegan cream in all forms. Cake. Cupcakes. Just cream. With marshmallows. On cake. In some kind of fruit concoction. I enjoyed my concoction (I did forget the name. It was yellow outside and had (of course) cream and raspberry stuff inside). Certainly not for every day, but given that it is set to close shop within the week, get it while you can.

Pros: innovative about vegan cream use, does keep a punky vibe

Cons: maybe a bit too much cream ..., set to close

amazing - Edit

I been here many time for brunch and I can say it's really good, the best in Berlin. I tried their cakes as well and they are amazing.

Awesome cake and cool merch - Edit

I had a piece of lemoncake and it was the best lemoncake I ever had. It had a perfect lemon taste, not like most other lemonstuff an artificial taste. I really recommend going here.

They also had cool patches to sell.

Pros: Tasty cake, do I need to say more?, Friendly staff

Delightful desserts, cool vegan vibe - Edit

Darling cafe with decadent looking dessert. Great place for an iced latte with lots of whip creme and a sugary confection (although we did see some people eating some fine looking salads as well). Cute atmosphere and tees "when eating cakes becomes vegan activism."

Pros: Decadent desserts, Cool vegan vibe

Cute place, cool merch - Edit

On the weekend they have brunch and you can't sit down during the brunch hours unless you buy brunch which was 12,90 euros. It looked really great! Not the typical american vegan brunch but hey I'm in Berlin. Since I was trying to spread my budget around to another vegan bakery nearby I decided to get a dessert and an americano (1,80 euro) to go. The ameriano tasted quite good.

I got the Tresor (4,90 euro) which everyone in the previous reviews said to get. It's good. It's different. It's fancy. The outside is like a whipped cream mousse and the inside is caramel wrapped in a chocolate ganache. I thought it was kind of expensive but I see now it's a complicated yummy dessert. I also saw that they have these at Chaostheorie (vegan bar/restaurant). I mean I don't know if it's all the time but I saw them.

Pros: brunch!, fancy dessert

A great spot for vegan cakes - Edit

A nice place to have a creamy cake! Good choice of cakes, it's actually difficult to choose... so you have to come back and try out another one! I also had a crepe with a salad, was delicous as well. It's better to go there just for the cakes because after the crepe i wasn't hungry enough to fully enjoy my desert!

Pros: delicious cakes, good food

Cons: Not very comfy and a bit dark

Excellent! - Edit

Very good brunch ans the desserts tasted so good

5+ - Edit

that's simply my fav place in berlin. they've got only vegan cakes with a lot of gluten free options. i always take tresor cake and it's always so damn good! it is compulsory place in berlin. stuff also if very friendly and i think i got crush in a bartender ;) but if you're looking for quiet place for coffee - music might be to heavy but for me it was ok. the place is so good i could live there, seriously!

Pros: amazing cakes, not so expensive , very friendly stuff

best cakes in Berlin - Edit

Amazing cafe - nice staff and best music selection I've come across in this city in a cafe.

The cakes of course are astounding - the Tresor especially, and the cakes slices are great too especially if you like cream and mousse.

I also had a big pizza type thing with vegan cheese and meat (pfannkuchen??) which was very tasty. Their hot drinks and soups are great as well.

Can't recommend this place enough. GF too which is great for a bakery. Their food is exciting and makes you feel like you're not missing out on baked goods as a vegan - meringues and mousses and crepes and all sorts. Wifi good

Pros: music, delicious food, nice staff

Cons: price is reasonable but still more expensive than , atmosphere could be cosier

Cute and so decadent! - Edit

You have to try the tresor! Went here with my gf, we also got Le Pervers choco brownie and hot drinks that were so rich and tasty. The tresor was definitely the highlight though!
This combined with cute surroundings and nice staff make for a warm and indulgent experience!

Pros: TRESOR , Cute surroundings, Cool souvenir tshirts

Cons: A tad expensive

kleine Zaubereien - Edit

Sehr süßer Laden mit Brunch am Samstag und Sonntag. Der Süßkram und die Torten sehen einfach zauberhaft aus und das was ich probiert habe schmeckte auch so. Top Musik Geschmack

Tresor - Edit

I tried to come here for brunch but the place was full with people waiting outside and I didn't want to wait around.

Instead I came back another day and there it was in the counter: the beautiful tresor! Rich, creamy and if you cut it there's a thick caramel sauce running out, do I need to say more?

It is very, very heavy though so don't eat before you go here :-)

Pros: Tresor, tresor, tresor!, Nice T-shirts :-)

Cons: Very heavy

paradise for sweets lovers - Edit

Ohlala is really a paradise for vegans who love cakes. The cafe is in a great area. Inside, it looks very cute, the walls are pink, there are white bunnies and white antique looking pictures. (Actually my boyfriend and me, did't like that cute style, but my other friend adored it.) We tried two cakes. One chocolate cake that was really really good and a creamy cake, that was too sweet for me and not as tasty as it looked like. I like that they offer glutenfree options. We also tried some other pastry that was tasty. I would wish more options without soy and refined sugar though. The stuff was very nice :)

Nice brunch - Edit

Went there on a saturday for brunch. Must say i had high expecxtations with +10 people waiting outside when thet opened.
All the food in the brunch tasted great although i had expected some brunch classics like scrambled tofu and creps/pancakes. Non of which were there.
All in all a nice place! Though they also played very loud music.

Pros: Great taste, Nice staff

Cons: Loud music, No 'classics' in the brunch

very nice - Edit

I was very excited about trying this place and it didn't let me down. I had an apple and cinnamon crepe and it was yummy! Myself and boyfriend took away a peanut, chocolate log for later in the day and it was so delicious I didn't want to share it!! :)

Pros: friendly service , wide range of cakes , large cafe, plenty of seating

Cons: decor wasn't great (but I'm not a fan of pink)!

Good pastry shop with innovative cakes - Edit

This is a good place to grab a sweet vegan treat. The crepes are good. The highlight is the range of sweets and pastries which are artistic and tasty.

Pros: Unique range of sweets, Well priced, Good location

Cons: Eat in menu is limited

Tresor! - Edit

The Tresors are worth the trip alone. Just have one.
The other cakes we tried on our two visits were amazing as well.
The brunch did not appeal to us and we did not have it, but it looked like good value.

Pros: Vegan and gluten free! Perfect!

Vegan and glutenfree - Edit

A cute vegan bakery in the coolest neighbourhood in Berlin (Friedrichshain) , they make a vegan brunch also (with salty food, not only sweet) But brunch it's a little expensive and you have to go early or you will not enjoy the brunch. Not much place to sit (always full) , but you can order to take away also :) . Sweets are good but with a lot of sugar, don't order too much if you don't want to have diabetes (sugar overload), and this make difficult to finish the desserts :( . The bakery it's very clean and have toilet :)

Pros: Vegan and glutenfree , take away or seat, Location (Friedrichshain), clean

Cons: Too much sugar in the desserts, Few seats, Bit expensive

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Ohlala closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 20734 times.