Zeus Pizza

Contact 030-29009100

Boxhagener Strasse 29-30, Friedrichshain (at Boxhagener Platz), Berlin, Germany, 10245

Serves meat, vegan options available. Standard pizzeria but offering a range of vegan pizzas and vegan pides with vegan cheese, all listed on an extra menu card. The falafel is vegan suitable. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-2:00am, Sun 11:00am-2:00am, Fri-Sat 11:00am-5:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Pizza, Italian, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Turkish, Non-veg

First Review by wildfang

Delicious vegan pizza - Edit

We ate pizza here several times and it was good every single time. The vegan pizza selection is decent and the staff is flexible regarding toppings.

Pros: delicious vegan pizza, friendly staff, reasonable prices

Best vegan pizza - Edit

We went to Zeus twice On our trip to Berlin; The place doesn't look special or fancy but they have the best vegan pizza I ever ate... Dow was crispy, sauce tasty and vegan cheese awesome.
The options were a bit boring though...

Vegan pizza on a separate menu - Edit

A huge variety of pizza and pide (another kind of flat bread with topping). It's easy to choose after you found the right menu because there is an extra vegan menu. They also sell beer and soft drinks.
It's a nice place to sit and rest, but it's not a typical restaurant. More like an "Imbiss".
I guess they put Wilmersburger on top of the pizza but I'm not sure.
Plus you can order via Deliveroo or just takeaway.

The best vegan pizza ever - Edit

This was the first time I ate a proper vegan pizza and I still dream of it! They have a separate menu for the vegan pizzas with so many options to choose from - you're completely spoiled for choice! The cheese they use is tasty and there's some surprising ingredients like vegan pepperoni and even tuna. The atmosphere inside the restaurant is very relaxed and it's open quite late. I'd highly recommended it to anyone who wants a relaxed meal.

Pros: Good cheese, Tons of options, Relaxed

Okay pizzas - Edit

Everybody was talking about that place so I gave it a try. i was super disappointed by the place in itself and most of all by the gluten-free crust. Not really good. Tastes like corn, which I don't like. Also the vegan cheese was from a brand I really dislike too so.... Not my best pizza experience in Berlin!

Pros: various choice of vegan pizzas

Cons: gluten-free crust was not super tasty, the place is not cosy or nice

nothing special - Edit

I had been told this was the best place for vegan pizza in Berlin so expectations were high. To be honest I was slightly disappointed. The pizza wasn't bad but also not great. It did taste nice and fresh and healthy (unlike some other vegan pizzas I've had)

4+ - Edit

i like this place because your pizza will be at your table in max 10min. few vegan options but every single one is very good. my favorite is spicy one with jalapenos - but it's not so spice as i thought i'll be.

Pros: prices, lot vegan options, very tasty!

Cons: serves meat

yummie all the way - Edit

They have a separate vegan menu that has pizza and pide. You can also have falafel. The choices are great and to be honest when i visited 95% of the people there ordered the vegan pizza. Very cheap but great in taste!

Vegan Pizza! - Edit

They have a variety of vegan pizzas and pides. The menu with the vegan symbol is 100% vegan, which is always a good thing. We had the jalapeno, salami pizza as well as the spinach and cheese pide. The pide tasted like margarine, so it was not my favourite. I should have ordered one with more ingredients in it. But the pizza was great! We will return to try more of the pizzas.

Pros: vegan menu card, good fast food option, pizza

Good but I was still hungry - Edit

I have to admit I am a huge fan of Sfizy Veg but I still wanted to try Zeus as some people think the pizzas are better here.

I ordered a calzone. The service was really friendly and fast. The crust was very good, but there was not enough filling. I mean, I also think that pizza should not be overloaded with topping but there was only one piece of ham and peperoni (vegan off course) in the whole calzone. I was also still a bit hungry and I wasn't even that hungry when I came in.
Prices are really good though and they open until very late!

Pros: Friendly service, Nice crust, Opening hours

Cons: not enough toppings, not very filling

Secret vegans - Edit

The place has a menu that is fully vegan but doesn't actually say it is, it just has this vegan plant icon on the door and on the menu which was unknown to me. They have pizzas with salami, ham, tuna etc which are all in vegan variants, but it felt very strange to me to order this because the menu items didn't say they were vegan although they were. Some trick not to scare away non-vegan customers?

Anyway the pizzas tasted good, and vegans are spoilt for choice there (was really hard to choose). They just don't add that much of the meat substitute on it, presumably because it's expensive.

Piiide, piiiddeee! - Edit

The turkish bloak running this place definetely knows his Pide very well. Inexpensive prices. Amazing food. A separate vegan menu for *us* ;-)

Pros: great food, low prices, lots of vegan options

Cons: nothing much

Supergood Pide! - Edit

Went there today to try another vegan pizza (as I've already been to Sfizy), but spontaneously changed my mind and had a vegan Pide.
I've never eaten Pide before, so as a matter of fact I can't compare it to any non-vegan Pide, BUT I can say that it was absolutely delicious! The dough was really thin and crunchy, the vegetables were fresh and the v-cheese tasty!
It is not a fancy place, just like a - I would say - "typical" German Kebab-place, but everything seemed clean and sitting outside was really nice. - As was the staff, so I have nothing at all to complain about :)

Pros: delicious, fresh, good price

Good thin crust pizza - Edit

We went here on a Sunday afternoon and it wasn't too crowded, but it wasn't empty either. We ordered from the vegan menu at the counter. We sat down and got our food pretty quickly.

The pizza was great and has a very thin crust. It was probably one of the thinnest crusts I have ever had. I devoured the pizza pretty quickly and it tasted great.

I think of this as more of a lunch place and not a dinner place. There is seating but it is pretty much a pizzeria, nothing fancy. So glad to see that they have vegan options.

Pros: Great pizza, Fast, Cheap

Perfect vegan pizza!!! - Edit

I love their pizza - thin and tasty with vegan cheese and extras like faux meat or tuna. Nice and friendly staff, cheap prices and it's open till late. Their vegan cheese and salami pizza is the best I had in Berlin. I try to visit them almost every time I'm in town.

Pros: excellent pizza, cheap and friendly

Thin and crispy vegan pizza with faux tuna! - Edit

We found Zeus Pizza via Happy Cow and our trip there did not disappoint. There was a big billboard outside with the Vegan Society logo which was a wonderful sight for a non-vegan, non-vegetarian restaurant. Zeus has a separate all-vegan menu and this can be requested in German or English. The options are extensive and include pizzas with faux meat and faux fish (tuna). I went with a combination of tuna, mushrooms and cheese. The pizzas arrived quickly and were freshly made in a kitchen area that is in full customer view. The pizzas were thin and crispy and could have perhaps done with a little more topping. We also ate pizza at Vego World and Sfizy Veg while in Berlin. Vego World was the best by far. Prices at Zeus are reasonable (around 7.50 euros for a pizza) and there is the option to sit in or outside. The interior is decorated with hand-written notes from customers around the world showing their appreciation of the vegan pizza to be had at Zeus. Voner is also nearby as a bonus. Worth visiting.

Pros: All vegan menu available in English

Cons: Pizza was a little too thin, needed more topping

Nice to try vegan pide - Edit

It was nice to come here as I was with a group of non-vegan friends. They have a separate vegan menu, which was great, with a large selection of pizzas and pides. The vegan cheese was really nice and the whole pide tasty. The base was slightly crispier compared to pides I have had before. I will definitely go back again to try the pizza.

Pros: Great choice, Good vegan cheese

Good pizza! - Edit

I went here recently, and it was definitely good. The restaurant serves both meat and vegetarian options, so make sure you specify.

Lots of options, good food and open late.

Pros: Open late, Lots of vegan options

Cons: Serves meat

Great pizza - Edit

I love this place. Super unassuming late-night fast food style joint, but with excellent food.

The pizza base is probably the best I've tried in Berlin.
The toppings are a little simple and conservative, but still tasty.
The vegan cheese is very good.

The staff are really friendly and seem to be into experimenting with the vegan pizza selection, often adding new options to the menu.

Pros: Open late, Great pizza, Friendly staff

Delicious - Edit

I had a Brazilian Pide that was really delicious. The staff is very nice and helpful, pointing out on the menu what was vegetarian as they serve meat as well.

The pide was very thing and the amount of spinach, vegan cheese (very tasty) and egg was just enough on every slice that what I thought to be initially a lot of food (it was served on a long, flat cutting board) was just perfect for your basic "I need to eat dinner" kind of meal.

Pasted on all the walls are notes from people in different languages praising the food. Everything you will read there on this matter is 100% true. My taste buds agree.

Mmmmmm - Edit

I had a mushroom pide, great afternoon pick-me-up. Very exciting to try a different fake cheese (which I loved) and also glad to be able to try a pide while I was in Berlin after seeing them everywhere. Cheap and fast and good. I would go here again!

Limited English from staff, but the vegan menu has German and English on it =)

Pros: cheap, tasty, quick

Delicious vegan pizza and pide - Edit

The friendly and English speaking staff handed us a vegan menu card with lots of different types of vegan pizza and pide. Our orders came fast, were well-sized and -prized and very tasty, just the fake cheese (Wilmersburger Pizzaschmelz) was a bit too salty to my taste - but it really melts! I prefer the pizza here to the ones at Yoyo around the corner.

Pros: Good value, Friendly staff, Vegan Pide!

Cons: not 100% veg*

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Zeus Pizza closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3417 times since Mar 2012.