Nhat Da

98 Phan Chu Trinh, Hoi An, Vietnam,

Quan Chay Nhat Da makes mockmeats and bamboo dishes, mostly daily buffet. Go when busy, morning and early lunch. Free green tea. Uses MSG. No GMO. Note that the place next door (to the left) is owned by the same people who will give you the food if the front of Nhat Da is closed. Directions: Located west of the town center. Take Hai Ba Trung (D Nhi Trung) away from the river and turn left onto Phan Chu Trinh (also written as Phan Chau Trinh). Number 98 is further west, past Nhi Trung. Open Mon-Sun 6:00am-8:30pm.

Category: Vegan, Buffet, Take-out, Vietnamese

First Review by simpsonyellow

De casualidad pase por aquí y me gustó! - Edit

La propietaria tiene su propio jardín orgánico de verduras y hierbas aromaticas. Falta arte a la hora de presentar los platos, pero desde luego la materia prima es auténtica.
Este local es de locales, una parte lleva 26 años abierta y la más moderna solo unos pocos años.

Amazing vegan restaurant in Hoi An - Edit

This restaurant was by far our favourite in the whole of Hoi An. We stumbled across it while walking around and were curious when we saw a sign for a vegan cooking course. After chatting to the owner we found out that everything is vegan (she has been vegan for 26years!) She has her own garden where she grows the veg for the restaurant herself and everything is 100% organic. After speaking to the owner, Linh, we could see that she is really passionate about healthy wholesome vegan food.
The food didn't disappoint! She does a lot of Vietnamese classic dishes in a vegan version and we loved everything. Make sure you try the fresh turmeric and ginger tea too.
Linh was very kind and often gave us a plate of fresh fruit after lunch and sent us away with a gift of coffee beans at the end of our trip.
If we're back in Hoi an we'll definitely visit again (and hopefully do the cooking course too!)
Don't be put off by the simple appearance of this restaurant, it's a true gem in what is otherwise quite a touristy town.

Pros: 100% organic, 100% vegan, Family run and authentic

I love this place!!! - Edit

I highly recommend this restaurant! I really feel like home in the middle of Vietnam.

sympathique - Edit

restaurant sympathique où l on mange bien.
bruyant avec le bord de route.

visited twice in 24 hours! - Edit

Great location on the end of the historical town. Friendly owner with great English. Well priced menu - had the pho and bang mi (filled baguette roll). Owner also runs cooking classes. also run restaurant next door so is a good compromise if travelling with non-veg people.

Pros: friendly, good English, great location

Give yourself a treat - Edit

I waa in Hoi An for one day and visited Nhat Da twice.

This owner and her family are at the restaurant which give it a "home" feeling.

The food, of course, is great too.

Simple presentation with amazing taste.

I recommend the Báhn xèo the most.

The owner is happy to share a conversation with you and teach you how to cook Vietnamese food.

Pros: Amazing and affordable food. , "Home" atmosphere , Friendly owner

Fantastic - Edit

We absolutely loved eating here during our stay in Hoi An. Linh is very friendly with good English and is happy to help with any questions about the food. We particularly enjoyed the spring rolls, mock meat and also the fried wontons were amazing. Lunch time is a good option for Banh Mi filled with huge tofu pieces and some delicious home made chilli sauce.

Pros: Friendly service and authentic

Vegan food by the ancient town - Edit

The front of Nhat Da was closed but, as previous reviews have said, the place next door was open and offered us a vegetarian menu. They also checked whether we were vegan or vegetarian before they cooked our food.
We'd have liked to try the buffet but the menu had a lot of choice.
We tried fried rice, mock meat, papaya salad and tofu with tomato sauce. All good and a good price too.
Just a few minutes away from the hussle of the main ancient town streets.
Friendly service.

Pros: Vegan menu.

Cons: Shame buffet was closed., Cafe next door does serve meat too.

Basic but cheap - Edit

Very basic, not very inspiring food in the style of Vietnamese rice with mixed veg and tofus. However, it's a budget option in an otherwise expensive town.

Pros: cheap

Cons: not very original, restaurant lacks ambience

super friendly owner - Edit

The food was good and the owner was very friendly! She told us that she is vegetative since 25 years:) I would recommend the dumpling can't describe the taste but I would try it;)

Tasty vegan food, average service - Edit

After reading all the amazing reviews I was a bit disappointed that the service wasn't as good as other people have said. The older lady in there was grumpy and didn't smile. To be fair she didn't speak English so maybe she was nervous, but at least a smile would have been good.

The food when it came was actually very tasty so that bumped up my review to 4 stars! The spring rolls were actually delicious, and the Tofu in tomato sauce nice enough.

I would still recommend this place to all vegans and vegetarians. The service is very fast and food is cheap.

Pros: Fast service, Cheap, Tasty

Cons: Moody lady that served me

Delicious and generous - Edit

This place was just wonderful. We arrived and there was a family banquet happening and so we were seated in the space next door and given menus. A short time later the woman serving us, who I assume is Linh, came and informed us that her family was celebrating a festival and we were invited to share the banquet and didn't need to order. She brought us noodle soup, spring rolls, mock meats, brown rice crackers, lychees, sticky rice sweets: enough food to well and truly satisfy us. All the food was absolutely delicious. When we left full, I asked the price, and she told us we were their guests and didn't need to pay. We reluctantly accepted this amazing generosity but made sure to come back on another occasion and spend a decent amount of money.

Pros: Delicious food

It was nice - Edit

Nothing to special but nice. Arrived after lunch so maybe the experience would have been better if we got there for the buffet. Tried the baos, tofu and beans. All was ok but lacked somewhat in taste.

Pros: Lots of options. Had baos.

Cons: Not so tasteful

Really nice stuff - Edit

The food was good and the price cheap. The owner Linh was very friendly, you can also make a cooking class with her.

simple and tasty Vietnamese food - Edit

its a nice little place with good options of vegan food. I tried the cao lau, which is a typical vietnamese dish and it was quite goid. I can recommend it!

Nice and simple. - Edit

It was fast and low cost. A sweet lady serving was very helpful. Recommended.
Tasty food and normal portion. Vegan. Take some advice about the menu, they will recommend good owner dishes.
By the road so expect a little of the classic motorbike horns for whatever reason, but not too much.

tasty and simple - Edit

we were sitting in the cafe next door cos it was late and it already closed. the food was simple but tasty. by the way no green tea was offered. (anyway I don't drink it).

Lovely food and friendly people - Edit

We had a very good experience at this place. Family run restaurant and the owner told us the restaurant has been there for 25 years! Food is fresh and yummy, we ordered drinks which were not on the menu but she happily customised for us. Highly recommend!

Pros: Cheap but still good food, Friendly atmosphere

Return to Hoi An Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nhat Da closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.