Whole Foods Market - Arroyo

• Health Store
Contact 626-204-2266

465 S Arroyo Pkwy (at Del Mar), Pasadena, California, USA, 91105

Part of large natural foods supermarket chain. Very large store stocking a wide range of items including fresh fruits and vegetables, organic produce, vegetarian and vegan food, natural cleaning and household products, vitamins, supplements, deli, bakery, and more. Open daily.

First Review by gr8vegan

Best bulk goods of any WF - Edit

I have to schlep to get there but do make quarterly treks to this Arroyo store to load up on all my bulk items.

It's Whole Foods - if you want cheap groceries, this isn't the place to look outside of the bulk bins. But the bulk items are actually reasonable. Stick to them, in and out and you'll get out without paying an arm and a leg.

Pros: enormous bulk bin selection

Cons: whole paycheck

A stand by option - Edit

This is my fall back place. There is something for everyone, and if you can't find it, they will make if for you. This is the biggest Whole Foods I know of with two stories and more prepared food than you can sample in a week. One key feature is the bar upstairs which does great happy hour specials.

Pros: Huge selection, Bar in the store, Restaurant and grocery store in one

Cons: Can be pricey

Too big and confusing - Edit

I was here 2 days ago, and while impressed with its giant space, I did not enjoy my shopping experience. The layout of this store seemed strange to me, with things spread out everywhere, and there's also a second floor with all sorts of stuff. Overall, the place felt like a giant maze to me, and I did not enjoy being in there.

Pros: large selections

Cons: strange floor plan

Happy Place :) - Edit

it's pretty pathetic if you hear someone say they're hanging out at Whole Foods, but it's like a healthy eater's heaven! I've gone here to just randomly hang out, have a good meal, or just veg out (har har) at the wine bar. The food of course is fresh and despite the high prices, they do often have great deals (like $3 pancake breakfasts that are large enough to share or the $10 wine night that includes a flight of wines and appetizers like veggie pizza!) When I'm treating myself to a good meal, I'll go here. The second floor is what makes this location unique. I could hang out for hours...maybe see some other happycow folks there!

Pros: fresh, very delicious, excellent staff

Cons: pricey

Two Stories - Edit

I'm not sure if this one is larger than the El Segundo Whole Foods or not, but its massive. Wine Bar is something you don't see in a Whole Foods. Pasadena is definitely lucky to have this place!

Return to Pasadena Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Whole Foods Market - Arroyo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1062 times since Nov 2007.