Vega City

+36-14850555

Muzeum Krt 23-25, Budapest, Hungary, 1053

Vegan buffet restaurant featuring weekly changing menu including around 10 mains. Has vegan ice cream, cakes, salads, bio coffee. Free Wi-Fi. Located across from the Hungarian National Museum in District 5. Since Jul 2014. Open Mon-Fri 9:00am-7:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Western, Buffet, Salad bar, Juice bar, Hungarian

First Review by Woogleboo

Okay - Edit

I ate here in October last year and I got a gyros plate, it was cheap and really good.
My friend had falafel and was not satisfied at all.

We didn't have a lot to choose from, they were out of a lot of things and the staff was helpful but seemed to be a bit bored maybe stressed.

Pros: Cheap, Good gyrosplate

Cons: Not much food left, Bored staff, Crowded

excellent! - Edit

Friendly, English speaking, helpful, delicious and great atmosphere!

Delicious vegan food - Edit

Amazing and has a wide variety.

Delicious Vegan Food - Edit

This place has a wide variety of foods to choose from including soups, pasta, more traditional Hungarian foods, seitan, veggies and more. I went at a busy time and found it a little overwhelming trying to choose what I'd like as people behind me also wanted to order but the choices I had were fantastic.
I started with a Thai Coconut soup as Hungarians always start their dinner with a soup. It was delicious. I also had a crumbed seitan patty/fillet and then a lasagna which was very creamy and had an almost cheesy texture. My non vegan friend enjoyed it a lot.
Service was friendly but a little rushed.
Atmosphere was busy but didn't feel too crowded. Upstairs seating is spacious enough.
I would return for sure.

Pros: Friendly staff, Wide range of food, All vegan

Cons: Gets very busy, A bit rushed when ordering

Busy, but hearty food - Edit

It was quite busy so you do have to queue for a bit to be served but it's all fast food, pre-prepared so once you're served it's fine.
The burgers are cold so do get them with some warm potatoes if it's cold outside.
Cakes were really hit and miss, we bought 4 varieties, the chocolate one was ok, vanilla one was nice, the fruit ones were awful. The texture is very weird.

Pros: Hearty food, Selection is good

Cons: Desserts weren't great, Busy, Space

Decent food at good location - Edit

The place is the former Lé Bar which has moved a few doors to a bigger place and changed its name, but the concept is pretty much the same. Tables on the main floor and on the gallery. The location of the place is perfect if You are a tourist and looking for something to eat in the city centre. It is very close to the synagogue.
Staff speaks English. In high season at around lunch time, tend to get very busy and hot inside.

The selection is nice, there is a daily menu - only one dish - at a fixed price, the rest is a mix of fixed prices and based on weigth. For health conscious vegans this place will be a heaven, for somone looking for spicy food and new flavours, welp I would say You might get disappointed. In my view the taste of the food is way to plane and spiceless to me.
Prices are okay in terms of European, international context. Daily menu at around 4 Euros, the rest is based on weight, so it hard to make a rough estimate since it depends how much You eat. If You are hungry and would like to get 3 courses and a drink then around 10-12 Euros.

Updated from previous review on 2016-12-11

Pros: good location

Cons: spiceless, plane

vegankitten 07 Apr 2017 - Each day there are several dishes that are at a fixed price. One of the fixed price items is a large combination, the others are soups, stews, Indian, updated Hungarian meals etc.
These are available as a half or whole portion. In the hot food section 1/2 is fixed price and 1/2 is sold by weight. The staff is very helpful and will explain how everything works. I have found everything to be reasonable in cost.

Vegan Haven - Edit

I loved this cafe so much. I went as much as I could while I was in Budapest. Great variety of food, good price, friendly staff, relaxed atmosphere. This place has it all!

Pros: Variety of raw and gluten-free food, Amazing desserts, Great atmosphere

perfect!!! - Edit

went Herr 3 times during my 3 day stay so that should say enough :) really nice food, cheap, gluten free options.

Pros: delicious, gluten free

Nice place for glutenfree and vegan lunch - Edit

Friendly staff, nice ambiance, great food. And most important to me, they have glutenfree options. The staff was very helpful in explaining the ingredients in English.

Pros: budget, vegan, glutenfree options

Good food to eat in and to go - Edit

Had a fine lunch there. Very nice ambiance, especially upstairs.

Some of us had a selection of items. One way is to pick a bowl size and fill it with salads, fried vega-meat, etc., Some of us had burgers. All had deserts. All the food was good. Especially liked the deserts.

Really good option to get a selection to go for a picnic or for the next airplane or train ride.

And reasonably priced.

Pros: Nice ambiance, Good selection, Great for to go options

Buffet style restaurant - Edit

We came to Vega City at lunch time and it was incredibly busy. It was also very hot inside. The buffet is quite complicated, but the food was very good. All in all, Vega City is a nice place for a short stay.

Pros: good food, fair price

Cons: very busy, too hot

Great cakes for cheap! - Edit

Unfortunately I only had time to grab a slice of vegan cake here, but I was very satisfied with it! The place is right in the centre and easy to find. It has lots of space and changing menu. The cakes all looked so appealing, and there were even raw ones and ones without sugar. Really cheap price and tasty too! Suggested!

Pros: Cheap, Delicious

Cons: (None)

Lots of choice! Good food. - Edit

Loads of vegan options and really easy to find...the food was cheap and a
Good filler at lunch time. The staff couldn't really tell me with how the ordering process works...it works on weight!! If I had known this I would have ordered more!!! and tried some of the different options.

Pros: Cheap , Lots of options

Excellent, inexpensive food - Edit

I dropped by this place just before returning home.. In addition to checking out and acquiring a few more local specialities, I also took the opportunity to fill up a whole box with vegan food for my trip. I took a little bit of everything, and it was all equally good and tasty.
The only downside was the lack of ice cream (especially given the fact that we had 38 degrees), and that I had to wait due to a couple of previous customers who wouldn't make up their minds, they kept asking questions instead of actually ordering.

Good everyday vegan food - Edit

They have quite a lot of choice but since we were really hungry, we both took daily menu but it's nice that even there you can choose between a couple of options. The meal was simple and good. Almost all the drinks were "super drinks" but we got tap water upon request, which was really nice. Really inexpensive, could eat here everyday. Tried a bounty cake too which was ok but not mindblowing.

Pros: Lots of options, Good English and patience to explain, Inexpensive

Cons: No airconditioning or didn't work

Unmatched prices - Edit

Note : self service
Not much translated and very difficult to understand the offers, but the staff is lovely, and the food really good and fresh.

4.5 stars. A must go.

My new favorite restaurant - Edit

Amazing food! Lots of variety, creative flavours and several options of meat and cheese substitutes. The location is also very convenient for tourists. A "must-eat" in Budapest.

Simple, Interesting, Vegan - Edit

I went here with my gf twice. First experience gets a 3 cow rating, second gets a 5 cow so it can vary. It is a very popular place not far from the river. The crowds and signs everywhere can get intimidating but speak to the staff, they're all nice enough and speak English.
Food was okay first time and great the second, they have a large array of choices including great smoothies and desserts.

Pros: Ideal for a quick bite, Great variety , Affordable

Cons: Confusing system, Too many signs

Return to Budapest Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vega City closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.