Vatica Indian Restaurant

Contact 770-955-3740

1475 Terrell Mill Rd SE Ste 105, Marietta, Georgia, USA, 30067

Gujarati vegetarian Indian restaurant. The server brings you what is being offered for the day, typically a vegetable stew, dahl (lentils), soup, rice, naan bread, a variety of nice sauces. Re-fills are offered through the meal. Could ask for vegan thali. Mon-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian

First Review by TinaBjork

So delicious!!! - Edit

I love the format of sampling a bit of everything they have. If you ask for the vegan version they'll make sure there's no dairy. The food is so delicious!!! I crave this place often!!!

Amazing find!!!!! - Edit

This little gem looks a little unappealing from the outside but don't be scared away. Whether you are a vegetarian or not you will find it delish. Staff super friendly and it has become one of our weekly staples.

Pros: Food is ALWAYS good, Eat till you pop, Remembers the locals

Cons: Decorations getting better, Unappealing from outside

Favorite Restaurant Ever!!! - Edit

This is just the best food ever! Most flavorful! We love the service too! The nicest people work here & we've made friends with them! Order samosas - they are the best & of course the vegan thali rocks our world!

Best Indian restaurant! - Edit

These guys know how to cook Indian food. Their Thali's are so good and they change it up daily. It is 100% vegetarian, but just ask for a non-dairy thali (vegan) and they'll get it for you. They are very vegan cautious and truly care. They are getting vegan desserts now too! They have amazing vegan veggie samosas, yum!

Best thing about this place is that the Thali's are ALL YOU CAN EAT! Come hungry!

We highly recommend it!

In Love! - Edit

This is definitely my new favorite place to eat at! Like others have stated, there is no menu; they bring out what they have cooked, about six different items, plus rice and breads. It is all you can eat for only $11(for dinner). For vegan, just let them know and they will easily accommodate by substituting out any dairy items for something else. Someone comes around throughout the meal and refills whatever you like as much as you'd like! They are in the middle of redecorating, so don't let the current presentation put you off at all(although I don't personally find any problems with it); with talking with the owner, he let us know that their priority has been the food before the décor, and you can absolutely tell. He is also working on experimenting with making vegan sweets! Hopefully those will be a thing in the future! The entire staff was welcoming and very friendly! Everything was so flavorful, with wonderful spices and textures. Even my partner who doesn't normally like lentils had his bowl refilled many times! I had to eventually stop myself before my tummy burst! I will be returning as soon as I can! Yuuumm ❤

Pros: Accommodating; friendly; good prices; delicious fo

Cons: none!

Great! - Edit

I will absolutely return here. There is no menu - you are just brought samples of what they have prepared that day. Vegans must specify no dairy. Then, once you figure out what you like, they refill it as much as you want. Great food and service!

Special! - Edit

This place is great. Everyday, they have a slightly different menu plan. There is also NO MENU (which I think adds to the uniqueness of the place). They bring you a plate that has a variety of dishes on it and it is the perfect balance of spicy and cooling. It really feels like you are in someone's home having a meal. The owner is such a goof ball and a very nice man! If you're looking for a place where they pay close attention to the flavors in their dishes, and you are sick of the heavy salted, overpriced, pretentious Atlanta area restaurants, this is a great place to try! I am a foodie...I would know :)

Pros: Good, home made food!, Well priced, Great service

My favorite Indian restaurant - Edit

This is one of my family favorite. When we're craving for Indian food, we go to this restaurant and never be disappointed. Besides Thali, we like Samosa, which is really crispy, yummy but not oily at all. Oh! Mango lasssi is good too.

The best Gujarati food (after my Mum's) - Edit

The review from kennyp353 should note that this is NOT South Indian food, but from North-West India.

Please read the web-site, clearly states traditional Gujarati Thali style food being served. This is as close to home cooking as I've ever had in ANY restaurant! Fabulous service, attentive, plenty of refills. The Roti is hot, fresh off the stove, not butter or ghee coated, the shaaks (vegetables) are fresh tasting, cooked just right, very flavorful, & NOT at all oily or greasy. The lentils, papads, & raita were all autentically done. The Gulab Jamun was soft & tender.
The only thing I would say is that some may find the heat (spice) level on the mild side, but this is easily augemnted by the spicy condiments, chutneys or chilies.

Pros: Authentically cooked & served, Fresh tasting, Refills on the veg, Rotis, Rice,

Cons: Some may find food on mild side

Interesting but just for a one time trip - Edit

I'm glad I tried the food here but I won't return except, maybe, to get something from their bakery area. I'm a foodie and love a variety of textures and colors but most of the food was creamy, kinda creamy, soupy, and mostly in the hues of browns, creams, and greens. It just wasn't balanced enough. With that said, the place was really interesting- especially the serving style.

Pros: Friendly Staff, All You Can Eat, Excellent Bakery Area

Cons: Bland food, Poor selection, Inability to serve onself

Just OK - Edit

Pretty average south Indian fare, no flair or originality and not worth a special trip unless you're stuck for options. Served as a thali, and then a guy comes to refresh any items as much as you like. Not bad value for $11. Curries weren't really spicy, although this is common from the south. On the plus side, the dessert was one of the best gulab jamuns I have had, well worth the extra $1.75, and service was friendly.

Pros: quick service, exceptional gulab jamun, friendly

Cons: bland, unoriginal

Great food! - Edit

We used to go here all the time for great tasting Indian food that was all vegetarian. The people who run the place are very friendly. I miss it a lot. We rarely go these days because it is all you can eat and we don't care to stuff ourselves. We like taking the leftovers home. But if you are looking for a delicious meal, this is the place to go.

Pros: great people, great food

Cons: all you can eat

Return to Marietta Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vatica Indian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3448 times since Aug 2007.