Tibits - Seefeldstrasse

Contact 0442603222

Seefeldstrasse 2, Zurich, Switzerland, 8008

Zurich vegetarian restaurant offering a self-serve buffet which features a range of labeled hot and cold dishes. Pay for food by weight. Has fresh fruit juices. Modern European decor. Mon-Fri 6:30am-12:00am, Sat 8:00am-12:00am, Sun 9:00am-12:00am

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International, Western, Buffet, Salad bar, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, European

First Review by button

Boa comida, com muitas opções - Edit

a localização é excelente! fica no centro da cidade perto de todos os transportes.
a nível da variedade acho que é excelente! muitos pratos quentes ou frios todos com excelente aspecto.
do que eu provei gostei de tudo.
os pratos são pagos a peso a 43.-/kg o que não é extremamente acessível.
aconselho a visita

Pros: muitos pratos

Cons: bastante caro

One of the best food places I have been to - Edit

We have been to this place on a Saturday evening, while doing a city trip to cozy Zurich. Roomy location with a lounge touch. Highly frequented and the atmosphere shows why. The staff is highly motivated, there are wide smiles and forthcoming efforts for the guest to feel welcome. The buffet offers cold and hot dishes made from quality ingredients of the season. International taste is being considered and the result is a color- and tasteful selection which makes it difficult not to overeat. The cost level is in accordance to Zurich and due to the location near the lake. We will be back if we return to Zurich.

Pros: spectacular service, great food, the CHEESECAKE!!! omg

Cons: if any, this restaurant should be in a place close

Very good choice - Edit

This restaurant offers a huge buffet with cold and warm dishes. There are some vegan options. The location is stylish and cosy, the stuff very friendly.

Pros: Huge range of dishes, Very friendly stuff, Nice location

Cons: Expensive, Not organic

Excellent food, comfortable atmosphere, expensive! - Edit

Tibits has incredible food. The waitstaff are awesome - they are so friendly and helpful. Everyone knew what vegan was and all of the labeling is clear. You can even get puddings and toppings to make your own vegan dessert. We tried about everything vegan in the entire buffet and it was all really delicious. Actually surprisingly delicious & a lot more flavor than a lot of similar gorgeous colored buffets have.

However, if you are on a budget, this is probably out of it!!!!! A lunch buffet for 3 (without the dessert, which we got later) was over $70 US Dollars with the conversion from Francs. So it was basically a hundred dollar meal for 3. But our friend paid for us! So if someone is going to pay for you, go for it! If you're on a budget, you might have to skip this place.

A note on price: this is SWITZERLAND. Eating out, you really are not going to find anything cheaper.

We recommend this as the best vegan food we had in Zurich. The atmosphere was also excellent. We sat and chatted, had desserts and coffee afterwards. All of this while sharing tables with a variety of locals. We found this place very friendly and the food was exceptional!

Pros: exceptionally delicious food, huge variety & well-labeled , friendly & helpful staff

Nice Place - Edit

I was there yesterday. At first for a Matcha Ice Tea in the Morning.
There's plenty of room to sit. It's self service.
Check out is fast.

Then I was there for lunch. It was crowded but still a friendly atmosphere. My friend and I put all the food we liked on our plates which resembles in 26Franken for me and 34 Franken for him. (plus beverages) To be honest. That ist quite a lot, even for Zurich. But I have to say: All fresh and well tasting.
They also have vegan sorbets, which I haven't tried but they looked nice.
Beverages come in plastic bottles.

Pros: Plenty of Room, WiFi

Great food for cheap price! - Edit

I went to Tibits Zurich on my holiday there numerous times, and always enjoyed the food. One of the things I especially liked it that they label the dietary requirements of the dish (e.g. They label if a food contains dairy, nuts, vegan, ect...). This I found especially handy with my dairy and peanut allergy! The one complaint I have is that most of the food is cold (in ice), and I would like more of the food to be warm. For example, roast carrots and pasta should be warm in my opinion. The desserts are great too! I have my first mousse here (the mango mousse)!!!!

All in all I would defiantly recommend Tibits, and I would like to go to the one in London!

Pros: Nice vibe, Cheap prices, Labeled dietary requirements

Cons: Busy, Too much cold food for my liking

Lots of vegan choices - Edit

Hot & cold buffet + desserts. When I visited all the hot dishes were vegan (clearly labelled) and good choices of vegan desserts. Price per weight, not that expensive for zurich: 25 swiss francs for a large full plate + 3-7 for dessert + 4-6 for hot drinks or smoothies. Definitely recommend it, very busy at rush hours. Note that there is 2 tibits 20 meters away from each other so if one is full you can try the other one.

Pros: Fully vegetarian, Tasty food, Vegan desserts

Cons: Not fully vegan, Very busy

Nice grab & go buffet - Edit

Tibits was easily reachable & very close to a tram stop in downtown Zurich city. My intention to carry out was seemlesy accommodated. I chose a container from the buffet and made my way around, looking for the vegan labels. There was much from which to choose and I wish I could remember what all I had because it was all quite tasty. Unfortunately, there was no vegan dessert when I went. The place was very nice, clean, and spacious. I'd recommend it.

Pros: Plentiful vegan selection, Easily reachable, Good food

nice place for a quick rest... - Edit

but no more than that.
A "child of Hiltl" similar but different... the Restaurant is more a veggie fast food offering a huge variety of vegan food. Don't expect a romantic dinner take place here... it is more a place for a snack or a quick lunch. Nice quarter not far away from the Zürisee. not Cheap, but also not expensive (at least for Zürich). Beverages are interesting and good...

Pros: Vegan Food available, good location

Cons: missing personal touch

Great place! - Edit

I spent 4 days in Zurich and I ate three times at Tibits. I think it's a great place. You can either buy a sandwich (made with nice bread with seeds), or go for the buffet, but beware cause it can be expensive (as everything in Zurich) - you pay depending on the weight. This is actually nice, you can get a nice dinner without paying too much!

The green tea ball is amazing, I guess the best green tea I ever had!

Pros: Good choice, Many options, Central location

Cons: Crowded sometimes

One of my favourites - Edit

Tibits, any of them, are one of my favourite restaurants in Switzerland. The food doesn't change much, but I don't go often enough to care. Sometimes they have vegan chocolate mousse desert, yum!!! It's reasonably priced, for Switzerland. Has a kids corner where kids can go crazy.

Pros: Fast

Cons: Selection doesn't change

Pricy and crowded but good food - Edit

Unfortunately it's another canteen style restaurant. The food choices for vegans were clearly marked and consisted of mainly salads. There isn't much variety when it comes to hot foods.
A big plus for me is that they had vegan deserts, a mango cake and an apple pie which were both very good.
They also have a variety of fruit and veg juices. The ones I tried were extremely good.

For a canteen style restaurant it was very pricy.

At around 6 PM on a sunday the place was packed, but we got lucky and found a table right away

Pros: good food and drink options, vegan deserts available

Cons: pricy, crowded

Really good - Edit

Lots of options of vegetarian and vegan food, raw and cooked. I was amazed at the variety: salads, noodles, rices, legumes, tofu, seitan, boiled or fried potatoes, fried jalapeños, onion rings, vegetable salty cakes, lots of different sauces and seasonings. They charge you for weight, so it comes out really expensive if you want to eat a lot, but you should definitely go there at least once if you visit Zurich. Also very nice vegetable sandwiches which are a good option for breakfast. Sweet desserts increase significantly the bill.

Pros: Variety, Very tasty and healthy, Huge and nice place, in&outdoors

Cons: Expensive

better than hildt - Edit

ok buffet... good mix of choices but no vegan dessert but a creamy slop.

Pros: quick service from buffet

Cons: brisk can be rude!

Tibits Zuri - Edit

Every time I'm in Zurich I eat here. It's decent at best for vegans BUT only because it's the same thing day in and day out. Great if you're vegetarian, which I'm not. Everythings fresh and everythings locally grown and made to Swiss perfection. Expensive as well, however the sandwiches and soup are both about 7chf. Everything is clearly marked vegan and the staff is helpful.

Pros: Clean, Healthy, Fast

Cons: Expensive, The same every day

I concur... - Edit

Great fresh food with well-labeled vegan options.
I didn't have time to sit and eat, but I wish I did as the atmosphere was pleasant...'mood' lit, modern decor, welcoming staff. Overall a very sophisticated establishment, I'm impressed enough to write this review, so?

great vegan options - Edit

i ate here twice and agree with the last reviewer - very diverse selection of food with vegan options well labelled. also had a yummy apple pastry.

Pros: yummy food, many options, great atmosphere

Cheers! - Edit

I was quite impressed with this place and found it to have a nice selection of dishes for us vegans. Served buffet style, all dishes were clearly labled with symbols pertaining to various ingredients or dietary requirements e.g. vegan, nuts, gluten, etc.
I visited in the evening and there was a nice buzz in the restaurant. The service quick and friendly...another one to add to my address book I think.

Pros: Nice Restaurant, Good Selection Foods, atmosphere

Cons: A Little Pricey

Tibits, Zurich - Edit

I has brunch here this morning and it was excellent. A big choice of dishes clearly labelled as to which are suitbable for vegan veggies, which are lacto, which contain gluten, nuts etc. It's serve yourself then pay by weight. Located beside the lake and facing the street. Great tasting food.

Pros: Vegan veggie friendly, Big choice of tasty food

Nice - Edit

A great buffet with a very large selection. Everything was very fresh and tasty and marked with symbols as to whether it has dairy, wheat, or is vegan, etc. Has a nice modern European decor too,

Pros: Great selection, Fresh, Clear ingredient marking

Return to Zurich Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tibits - Seefeldstrasse closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4862 times since Aug 2007.