The Third Estate

• Veg Shop Veg Shop
  • Vegan
Contact 0203-6202361

27 Brecknock Road (at Camden Road), North London, England, N7 0BT

A small independent footwear and clothing shop specialising in apparel which is animal friendly, eco friendly or ethically traded. All shoes are vegan - the brands include Vegetarian Shoes, Macbeth (vegan range), Ethletic (organic and FSC certified) and Novacas. Also sells a range of clothing which is made from organic or reclaimed materials. Open Tue-Fri 11:00am-7:00pm, Sat 10:00am-6:00pm.

First Review by Joloco

The Third Estate - Edit

Lovely little shop close to Camden providing cloths, shoes and accessories. The assortment isn't that great as the space is limited and for there probably isn't an active demand. I have already seen vegan shoe shops going out of business due to the lack of demand. It's still a niche.
Most vegan shoes I have bought so far I wasn't satisfied with.
The two pairs I have from The Third Estate are still all right though, I don't have any major complaints. In any way, in general the companies in question have lots of room for improvement in terms of quality, durability, countries of manufacture, price, advertising.
The Third Estate however tries hard anyway. Very friendly and helpful staff.
It's really great to have an actual store to go to instead of ordering online.

My absolute favourite shop, ever! - Edit

I've spent days and weeks looking for vegan, sustainably sourced, fair trade shoes and clothes before.. This is my one-stop-shop. They have all my favourite stuff/brands (I heard about most of my favourite stuff through this shop), and it saves so much time and postage to just go and try things on. Bonus that the owners are lovely, super well informed, easy to talk to and will give honest opinions. Just go, you're missing out if you haven't already!

Pros: Lots of amazing stuff, Good prices given quality, design, ethical credent, Great people

Great selection of shoes and handbags - Edit

The clothes were not my style, but the selection of shoes was amazing! Finally a place to try on vegan shoes that is closer to home (I used to have to go to Brighton). Staff were really friendly.

Pros: Wide selection of vegan shoes, Friendly staff

Cons: Limited selection of clothing

Timeless fashion, great quality and service - Edit

This store is THE BEST. In the middle of one of London's more hipster areas, Camden, The Third Estate just blew my away with its great quality and timeless shoes and bags. As a vegan, I've been looking for good looking cruelty free boots for a long time, that would not cost me an arm and a leg and that also did not look totally crazy. The staff, Angela, was very friendly and gave excellent advice on how to take care of my new boots. My mum was so impressed that she ended buying a pair for herself as well. A MUST stop for any animal lover :)

Pros: Good prices for excellent quality shoes, Friendly and informative staff, Easy to get to

Excellent range of footwear, close to Camden Town - Edit

Great little shop, carrying an extensive range of formal and casual shoes. Men and women are equally well catered for. The staff are very friendly and helpful (they used to run a similar store in Leeds).

Right by the excellent Bumblebee Natural Foods shop, and walking distance away from the many vegetarian and vegan delights of Camden Town.

Pros: Friendly staff, Excellent range

Fabulous Vegan Boutique - Edit

I came to this store hoping to say goodbye to the last of my non-vegan shoes and I have enjoyed coming here ever since! They stock a good range of fabulous vegan shoes and belts and you can also purchase bags as well! The clothing is great and is made from lots of interesting alternative materials.

My husband and I always have a great time when we shop with them as they are the loveliest twosome with a heart of gold and I wish there were more people like this with shops as good as this!

Its nice to be able to try on clothes with someone who cares as much as you about compassionate style and on top of that feeling like they're your mates! I usually spend a bit too much time in there because I just love having a chat and a laugh with them!

Hubby and I are moving to Sweden but we will always come back to this lovely store whenever we are in London! Thank you James and Angela! X

Pros: Nicest people, great service , Great variety of shoes

The Third Estate - Edit

I rang this place up to ask for help with footwear. I spoke with a guy called James who I have to say was super helpful. Because of a medical history of a problematic ankle, I have some particular considerations when buying footwear to get the right kind of support. This guy was pure magic and was talking not only about stuff that he stocked but also about what other people (ie he was more concerned about me getting the right shoes for my needs is a bigger priority than making a sale).

Previously located in Leeds. Moved to London 2012.

Pros: All vegan, Super helpful staff

Good ethical clobber - Edit

A lovely shop which we used to visit in its previous location in Leeds when we lived there - now we're very happy to find that it's finally followed us and migrated to London!

A great range of ethical clothes - tons of shoes, shirts, dresses, even jeans - and friendly, helpful staff. They have a range of Vegetarian Shoes in stock, as well as Ethletic and other brands (as of July 2012). The decor is lovely, all reclaimed materials apparently!

(Usefully, there's even a health food shop called Bumblebee over the road, which has lots of good vegan food - perhaps that should be on Happy Cow too?)

Pros: Good range, Friendly staff

Return to North London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Third Estate closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2608 times since May 2012.