Pizza Lounge

Contact 214-887-6900

841 Exposition Ave, Dallas, Texas, USA, 75226

Serves meat, vegan options available. Local pizzeria offering pizza pies, salads, sandwiches, and drinks in a lounge setting. Along with traditional pizza toppings are vegan-friendly choices including vegan mozzarella, vegan chipotle monterey jack blend, vegan Mexican chipotle sausage, soyrizo, and tofurky. Dough is vegan suitable. Laid back atmosphere & hangout.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Italian, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Non-veg

First Review by BriggitteJ

Vegan Pizza Heaven - Edit

Ok. So not only do they have a separate menu page for all of their vegan pizza, of which there are more than any place I've ever been to, but I had the best pizza of my vegan life there! The atmosphere is also super chill and the owners are really doing their part to be eco-friendly- no straws, plastic cups only for kids that I saw, they dump unused water onto their herb garden etc. My non-veg hubby said his pizza was pretty awesome too. Win! My only "complaint" is that I thought it was 1/2 off pizzas on Tuesdays, but after looking at my receipt when I got home, saw that I was charged full price. Oh well. Will have to go back to investigate ;-)

Pros: Atmosphere, Eco friendly, Excellent food

Cons: Confusing promo

Good Vegan options - Edit

There were a good couple vegan pizzas to choose from. I tried the vegan brat and and it wasn't half bad. There were a couple vegan items on the menu that they no longer offer which is why I'm giving them 3 stars.

Cons: took away some vegan options

Nom Nom - Edit

Has a separate menu dedicated to vegan pizzas! With so much variety, I was happy to share a few diff pies with friends. They also offered a vegan strawberry cake that night. I was more than satisfied with the beer selection and the atmosphere was nice enough that you definitely want to stick around after the belly is full for another beer (or two).

Pros: Very Friendly Staff, Good Vibe, 1/2 Price Pies on Tues

Cons: TX summer and the A/C wasn't working

Fills those late night pizza cravings - Edit

If you need a vegan pizza with daiya cheese, vegan chorizo, tofurky sausage and some vegetable matter, Pizza Lounge is the place to go.
I usually pick up a pizza to go from here, but I've gotten a beer while waiting for my order. They have an okay selection. I didn't remember any microbrews, but they have Hoegaarden and some better beers. They also have the cheap stuff.
You should probably specify that your pizza is vegan, because they have two different crusts. I mention this, because the cook asked if I wanted a vegan crust last time I was there. The vegan ingredients probably clued the cook, but you can never tell.
No, the pizza isn't cheap, but this isn't Papa John's or some other chain. Z Pizza's price is offset by the fact that I have to drive an hour, while it only takes me 10 minutes to get to Pizza Lounge. If I lived close enough for delivery, I'd take them up on it as often as I could.

Pros: Tasty food

Cons: Okay beer selection

Best Vegan Pizza in Dallas - Edit

Since going vegan 3 years ago there's been one gaping hole in my belly: the one created when I stopped eating cheese pizza. Since then, I've been searching for some semblance of an alternative to fill that aching void. I've found some stars whilst traveling (Pizza Pi in Seattle and Panther's Den in Gold Beach, OR), I've tried the local fare (Pizza by Marco is passable, Z Pizza gets closer but is quite a hike), and have had mixed results with freezer and homemade pizzas (Amy's not so tasty, Daiya on a pesto slathered bagel-delicious). Each of these samples filled up a bit of the belly abyss, but they all pale in comparison to Pizza Lounge. The Pizza Lounge pizza, with Chipotle Monterey Jack Blend Cheese and Mexican Chipotle Sausage on top has filled the void. It is *this close* to being as good as the real cheese pizza I salivated over in my college days. Ask for it with light cheese for true vegan pizza perfection.

OLD SCHOOL PIZZERIA - Edit

On the 1st night of our vacation in Dallas we searched Happycow for places that were open late and came across Pizza Lounge. The thing that intrigued us was the inclusion of the vegan selections on the menu and while everything was pricey, we expected that going in due to the nature of the ingredients.

It was around 11pm when we arrived and all available parking on the street was taken due to a couple of pubs being close by, so we called and they informed us of additional parking around back of the building through the 1st alley off Exposition Ave. Once inside the waitress told us to have a seat anywhere we liked.

They have a patio at the front where you can eat in the open air, but since there were smokers we found a spot in the corner inside. The interior was dark, lit only by the glow of a couple of neon signs above the entrance and front window and dim lights throughout. There were about 15 people inside and the waitress informed us ahead of time as she was taking our drink orders that they were running behind and hoped we would be patient.

We began to talk amongst ourselves and when our drinks arrived we placed our order for 2 regular "Yo Pie~Yo Picks"; 1 w/Chipotle Monterey Jack Blend Vegan Cheese, Mexican Chipotle Vegan Sausage & Jalapenos and 1 w/Vegan Mozzarella & Vegan Pepperoni.

It took over 45 minutes once our order was placed to get our food (I'm just stating fact, not complaining) and the waitress explained that all ingredients are prepared once ordered so nothing is pre-cut or made, hence the longer than usual wait.

While the pie w/the Pepperoni was decent enough, the one w/the Chipotle Monterey Jack, Sausage & Jalapenos was OUT-FREAKIN'-STANDING! If you want to try something that will knock your socks off, I would advise ordering a large of this ingredient combination with a glass of cold lager, then sit back and enjoy the evening.

Unfortunately, we didn't have enough time to try everything that we wanted, but when we're in Dallas again, we'll definitely be stopping back by.

I envy those who live in Dallas, as we have nothing like this in Houston. It reminded us a lot of the way Austin & Denton used to be before all of the corporate franchises took over and ruined everything and if we lived there, we could very well see ourselves making this place a regular spot since it was such a laid back atmosphere complete with good food & drink which inspires great conversation.

Pros: Vegan Pizza Toppings, Open Late, Great Atmosphere

Cons: Maybe A Little Pricey

Good but not Great - Edit

I really did like the pizza at pizza lounge and I loved the large selection of fake meats. The price was pretty steep for a pizza. The rest of the menu was outrageous in price so I just ordered that. I do have to say I prefer the pizza at Z pizza in flower mound and esp. when you consider how much more you can get for your money. The service was pretty slow considering that there were only 2 other people in the restaurant. I would go back for a late night bite but not anytime soon.

Pros: Location, Fake Meat Selection

Cons: Price, Service

Return to Dallas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pizza Lounge closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2446 times since Feb 2010.