First Review by melyssa528

Expensive, but great selection - Edit

All of these stores seem to charge a premium for products that you can get in a good grocery store or drug store or vitamin shop. The people here are very knowledgeable and there is a pretty decent selection for most of the items you might look for in a place like this. You just have to know that it is going to cost you 50% or more above what you could get the same product for if you search around. Probably the upgrade in service and knowledge is worth it.

Pros: Selection, Knowledge

Cons: Expensive, parking/traffic

Great Bulk Food Selection - Edit

Whenever I need anything in bulk, whether it's rice, herbs, beans, or banana chips, I go to Nature's Way. They have a great selection at fantastic prices. They also have pre-made sandwiches, wraps, and mock salads from local providers that are wonderful. As I understand that Nature's Way is a family owned store and that insinuates higher prices, the majority of the foods they sell can be bought at Stop and Shop or Shop Rite at a cheaper price. I am all for supporting your local health food store, but I only shop there for the bulk items and a very small amount of specialty items. The staff is very friendly (mostly young women, high school age), and I never have a problem finding what I need.

Pros: inexpensive bulk foods, abundant parking, friendly staff

Cons: most products seem overpriced

Great store - Edit

I always love to support local businesses whenever possible because they are important to our communities. Nature's Way has been around for a long, long time. They have a helpful staff that is always willing to take the extra step when needed. It's prices are reasonable considering the size of the store (it's not a major chain so don't expect super deep discounts). Excellent selection of vitamins and food products. If you have the opportunity you should stop by.

Love it - Edit

I live in Stratford as well & shop here w/ my 3 little kids once a week. It's pretty cool and they have a pretty huge selection. I especially love the beauty section...just be careful and read labels because I've seen some shady ingredients on some of the shampoos, lotions and stuff. They also have a huge food section w/ frozen, refrigerated, boxed, canned, jarred and produce (sometimes some spoilage). Last but not least is the vitamin and supplement section which is staffed by 2 very nice naturpathic degreed specialists (they're always kinda busy helping people...last week my daughter and I had to wait like 10min) but it was well worth the wait because she patiently answered all of my questions and helped me choose the 3 products I needed. Definately shop here, prices are decent and everybody is kind and helpful!

Pros: great service, if they don't have, they'll order

Return to Stratford Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nature's Way closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1277 times since Aug 2007.