First Review by sarahtarah

Best Vegan Donuts in the SW!! - Edit

The best vegan donuts that I have ever had can be found right here. (Yes, even better than you-know-who, in Vegas!) I didn't arrive until the afternoon and wasn't sure what, if anything would be left. When I arrived, there was plenty left. Once I reached the counter, I was informed that the only non-vegan items in the main donut case were the cream-filled donuts and the empanadas; everything else was vegan-friendly. She mentioned that it's because the empanadas are made with butter. (Butter is one of the easiest things to veganize so maybe there's a vegan empanada in their future?) This still left a variety (a majority of the donut case) from which to choose. There were regular glazed donuts (which they called "vegetable glaze"), chocolate "raised", maple glazed, a variety of fruit-filled powdered donuts, apple fritters, and a cinnamon bun/roll. (There were more but I cannot recall them all.) Prices vary based on the type of donut chosen, and some of the donuts are not included in the base dozen price (but you can get them for an up-charge).

There were 2 other cases of desserts. One had a variety of cakes and such, the other had a variety of what resembled macaroons and some churros. I was told that there were no vegan options in those cases.

I wasn't expecting their donuts to be so soft, light, fresh, and melt-in-your-mouth delicious at 2pm, but they were! They reminded me of Krispy Kreme donuts, but they were vegan! Such a win! The apple fritters were a little too thick for my liking, and the lady at the counter seemed a little "short" with her patience and attitude, so they lost a star. (Although she did warm up when I mentioned that I'd driven down from Phoenix, and she thanked me for my business.) However, make no mistake: these are 5-star (vegan!) donuts!

The prices were reasonable. Accepts cash or credit cards. (A $6 minimum purchase amount is required to use your card.) The place was easy to find, using GPS. Street parking (no meters). (There is a parking lot across the street, but I don't know if it belongs to another business or not.) I'll certainly return for more of their scrumptious vegan donuts.

Pros: delicious vegan donuts!!

Yummy - Edit

These are delicious! There are only a few different options but they're really good! The only negative I could find was the lady working seemed a little rude and parking. The donuts itself were delicious and I recommend anyone to come try them! You have to ask which are vegan since there is no sign but I believe it's the third row down.

Pros: Yummy variety of vegan donuts

Cons: Parking, Kind of rude/impatient staff

BEST vegan donuts anywhere! - Edit

I've traveled all over, but I keep coming back to these donuts as being the best tasting ones around. It's a simple little storefront (no seating, but a large lobby) with only a few types, but those types...are AMAZING! The simple glazed is the best glazed doughnut in existence. It is fresh and light. They also have vegan empanadas, apple fritters, and more. They are the real deal with no gimmicks. Prices and service are great, too.

Pros: Best donuts around!, Nice simple variety, Good service and pricing

Cons: No super fancy flavors (I don't mind), Not 100% vegan (ask when in doubt)

Best vegan donuts - Edit

I love donuts; and while there are plenty of options for vegan cake donuts, it's rare to find a good yeast donut that's vegan. This place isn't a "vegan donut" shop; it's an old-fashioned donut shop that just happens to have lots of vegan options.

Their mango-filled donut is incredible. It's just the right balance of tart and sweet. And the chocolate covered ones remind me of the chocolate long johns I used to love as a kid. Le Cave's is a must-stop location any time I'm in Tucson.

There is no seating, so you'll have to take your treats to go.

Pros: Mango donut is amazing, Plenty of vegan options, Very reasonable prices

Cons: No coffee, No seating

Just wow! - Edit

Le Cave's makes AMAZING vegan doughnuts. I take all of my out of town friends here. Rivals vegan doughnuts from "big-city" vegan doughnut shops. Makes my vegan life so much easier and better. And - I hear the whipped cream filled doughnut is ridiculous.

Pros: Yummy

Cons: Location

Return to Tucson Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Le Cave's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1053 times since Jun 2013.