Fasika

Contact 651-646-4747

510 Snelling Ave N, St Paul, Minnesota, USA, 55104

Serves meat, vegan options available. Well-received Ethiopian restaurant, predominately meat menu with a veg section. Mon-Sun 11:00am-12:00am

Category: Beer/Wine, Ethiopian, African, Non-veg

First Review by janetp

It was okay - Edit

We ordered the Veggie platter. The servers were nice and the food came out quickly. However the injera was cold indicating to me that it was pre-made. Also, the variety of veggies and lentils were overly salted. I got the feeling the chef who prepared our dish might have been a smoker. Having worked in foods service for many years (being a former smoker myself) I can always predict if the cook smokes by the level of seasoning used. All in all it was okay and I might have caught them on a bad day. I appreciated their kindness and attentive nature. Being nice goes a long way!

Pros: Clearly labeled Vegan dishes, Nice servers, Quick service

Cons: Overly seasoned , Dated decor , Cold Injera

Vegan platter - Edit

Dilemmas arise when the choice is Ethiopian vegan food... Make your life easier and just go for the platter! Choices abound in the platter option- red lentils, shiro, yellow split peas, collards, salad, cabbage, green beans and beets with potatoes. Traditional injera or rice is your choice- the platter definitely feeds 2 people. The food tastes flavorful, and some have a kick to it. Happy mouths and full bellies will result! Bring a friend!

Pros: Veg items all vegan, Portions and price great, Flavorful

Great! - Edit

best Ethiopian food in the area. Veg platter is all vegan and feeds two people nicely for $15. Platter is a nice combo of lentils, beets, greens, salad, carrots, and green beans some of which are spicy and some mild. Service is usually quick once you get a table.

Best Ethiopian food in the Twin Cities - Edit

I love Fasika and their veggie sampler platter is ALL VEGAN and only $14.50! It's enough food for two to share (although I almost always get my own) and is one of my favorite meals in the Twin Cities. I just wish they would open a Minneapolis restaurant so I wouldn't have to travel to Saint Paul. :)

I'd give them a five cow rating but they do serve meat so five cows is not permitted.

Pros: Amazing food, Great value, Relaxed atmosphere

Cons: In St. Paul and I live in Minneapolis

Return to St Paul Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Fasika closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1734 times since Apr 2009.