First Review by Hanna Louise

Awesome place - the food is so nice, and they have a cute dog! - Edit

My partner and I went here last night before we went to see the flamenco dance around 8pm. The other reviews mentioned it was vegetarian food but as soon as I mentioned vegan he knew exactly what I was talking about. It's as cosy little place, with quite alternative music and atmosphere. (And few guys playing cards etc...very spanish!)

We ordered a couple of beers first €2, and we got our free tapas which was like a small meal- so cool! It was vegan "meatballs" with mashed potato and some fresh bread.
We then ordered a white wine and beer, and got potatoes which we could see him preparing for quite a long time and a fresh red pepper spread on toast. This all came to less than €8 which is just amazing value!

You can't miss this place and be sure to give the guy behind the bar a cuddle for making awesome vegan food! ✌✌💚

Pros: lovely food, amazing value, nice beer!

buena comida y buen trato - Edit

Es uno de mis lugares favoritos para tapear en Granada. Siempre tienen tapas vegetarianas y veganas deliciosas y además a muy buen precio. Tienen una terraza muy acogedora y el personal es muy amable.

charming little bar with best tapas i've tasted - Edit

I went twice to that bar on different days, the first time my bar was accompanied by a salmorejo soup which was great and the second time they had vegan paella, my first paella in Spain! I loved all of it and have the impression that they usually have one tapa per day which they give for free to your drink, such as it's usual in the bars in Granada. Sunday's Paella day by the way, not to be missed if you're happen to be there!

Pros: all vegan, great food, good value

Favourite little tapas place - Edit

El Jergon is, I think, my favourite tapas place in Granada. Their tapas are always vegetarian, and usually vegan - so make sure to specify. Everything is delicious and they have delicious made-in-Granada craft beer too!

Pros: perfect vegan tapas, craft beer, outdoor seating

Very nices vegan tapas ! - Edit

It was nice to find a place with very typical spanish tapas in a veg version with a friendly price. Also the staff knows what vegan means and it felt good not to doubt about the fact that tapas were vegan (as we could see they were also serving cheese).
Why not all vegan? :)

Pros: good tapas, price

Vegan tapas with great environment - Edit

It's was the first bar I've ever been that only had vegan tapas, and how I dreamt about this day to come!! Great staff, amazing decoration and even better philosophy!! Good prices! If you are in Granada you really have to check this place out!

Pros: Vegan tapas only!! , Nice location, Cool place for a beer or two or...

Vegan's haven - Edit

El Jergon "saved" me when I was in Granada on a Sunday. Most restaurants were closed, in fact the street the bar is on was pretty much completely quiet. Just a few guys hanging out in El Jergon drinking icy cerveza on a hot day. For a small cerveza, I got a nice selection of delicious, free vegan tapas: paella (the only paella I ate during my visit in meat-centric Spain) and a wonderful corn-filled crepe. Even thought it's "just" tapas, it filled me up like a full meal. The bartender--perhaps the owner?--was also super-nice, and the decor just awesome. My tapas "meal," plus beer, ended up being under 3 euro. For real. I'd hang out at El Jergon all the time if I lived in Granada.

Just to be clear--El Jergon is a BAR, not a restaurant. Don't expect a full menu or anything elaborate / formal.

Pros: Delicious, healthy food, Cheap, Great atmosphere

great place - Edit

Serves food only as tapas coming along with a drink.
Two of them are like a meal (got vegan quinoa salad).
Inexpensive, alternative place, nice people and atmosphere.

Pros: cheap, friendly, alternative

great veggie tapas bar - Edit

Good vegan tapas and good ecological wine. Satisfying light dinner for 4 euros, including drinks (2 euros per drink, comes with tapas). Staff is friendly and happy to accommodate vegans

Pros: nice alternative atmosphere, good vegan options, reasonably priced

Return to Granada Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has El Jergon closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.