Choices Kitchen

Contact 786-953-6053

711 NW 27th Ave, Miami, Florida, USA, 33125

Offers healthful vegan food and drinks. The dining is communal, highlighting a plate of the day in tune with the seasons. A retail section features cold-pressed beverages, house-made dressing, and eco-friendly home products. Free Wi-Fi. This outlet opened in Apr 2014 near the Miami Airport. Mon-Fri 10:00am-4:00pm

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, Latin

First Review by margaritaa

Good! - Edit

I had the mock tuna with salad and the mock chicken with black beans and quinoa in a wrap. Everything was good, especially the mock chicken. Nice place, nice staff. Recommended! Only one thing: the beans brownie was not very good... But it's personal taste.

Pros: good food

Yummy! - Edit

I was on a trip to Miami and I wanted to try out a great vegan restaurant- I'm glad that I picked Choices! I had the Mental Lentil wrap as an entree and my cousin had the Chipotle Nachos. Both choices were delicious and memorable. Also, I ordered the walnut brownie for dessert which tasted exactly like a non-vegan brownie. If you're in the vicinity definitely make a stop at Choices (you won't regret it)!

Pros: great food , great selection

Cons: location seems a bit odd

Vegan food - Edit

Wonderful Vegan food love this place, near Down Town so easy to get to. Staff are very friendly and helpful, but I just love the food. Best in Miami.
Updated from previous review on Saturday August 10, 2013

Pros: Vegan, Great staff, Down Town

fresh, filling & fantastic! - Edit

This is one of my top vegan restaurants. The pizza, nori rolls and breakfast scramble wrap were all incredible. The presentation and service were great too. Definitely get the raw chocolate pie. We couldn't keep from eating the whole slice. Will be back before heading home. .

Pros: quality, service

Cons: none

Choices is excellent! - Edit

It's pretty expensive, but I always get wraps with the gluten free brown rice tortillas. They run about $15 each. But they are very good and well-made! They have smoothies and chocolate too. And great salad dressing!

Pros: Quality, Gluten free wraps, Ingredients

The Best Vegan Food in Miami - Edit

Choices is the best vegan food in Miami, possibly all of South Florida. Get anything with their signature lentil meat and you won't be sorry. They incorporate dishes with soyrizo to beyond meat to gardein for your non-vegan friends and they also offer some great salads, smoothies and juices for those looking to simply eat health. It's all vegan and all organic. Look for their new location in the airport coming soon!

Pros: Tasty food, Organic, All vegan

Cons: A little expensive, Spotty service, Not a great location

A good choice when you're in Downtown Miami - Edit

Our hotel was about 10 minutes on foot from this place, so it was an easy option for us. The place was fairly crowded when we got there, but we did get to sit down. There were not a lot of seats available, so I imagine it could get full quickly on busy days.

The name "café" seems a bit optimistic to a European like me. In our country, this would merely be seen as a take-away place that offers seating. I didn't find it very cosy, but then again, we didn't find any vegetarian place in Miami we would consider a "restaurant". I guess it's all a matter of what you're used to and what you expect.

Anyway, the food was really good. I had a "pizza" which in the words of the owner, has nothing to do with pizza except that it's round and they cut it in slices. It's a thin crust, with vegetable topping and fake cheese on top. It was delicious and did not make me feel too full.

My husband had some sort of bean burrito and the one bite I had was very flavorful. I wished for more, but my pizza was also good, so I didn't want to switch plates. The dressing on his salad was less appealing to me, but you can't win them all.

Pros: Delicious food (isn't that all we need?), Food doesn't leave you bloated & blergh

Cons: Not a very cosy setting, Limited seating

Delicious! - Edit

We went to Choices Cafe on a recent trip to Miami. It's a small space in the middle of a pretty residential area. I ordered the Spicy Cactus Wrap and my fiance got the VA Insane Mexican Wrap. The wraps both were very toasty on the outside, which I loved. My fiance, who ordered the Mexican wrap because of the soy chorizo, was surprisingly thrilled with the tempeh in the cactus wrap, even though he normally doesn't like tempeh at all. I had never had cactus with vegan food before, and that too was awesome. I also liked the Mexican wrap, but I didn't find it to be as unique as the cactus wrap.

We also got a very delicious beet juice to go. I would definitely come back to Choices when I next return to Miami. The only downside was that I found the prices to be a bit high, even compared to vegan restaurants in New York City, where I'm from. The wraps were $15 and $13, and the juice was $9.

Pros: Unique, Tasty Everything, Fresh organic juices

Cons: A little pricey

Satisfying Vegan Brunch - Edit

It is marvelous to have a large range of vegan breakfast and brunch items. The pancakes were rich and varied. The tofu scramble was hearty and satisfying. The acai bowl was light and tasty. I am stuffed and satiated with a sense of fulfillment.

I would highly recommend a weekend visit for brunch.
Updated from previous review on Sunday January 26, 2014

Pros: Bountiful, Wide ranging, Organic

A vegan oasis - Edit

This place is an all vegan cafe just outside of downtown Miami. It is very small with counter seating, 3 tables, and one booth. The description of this place says that they have empanadas, but, sadly they don't. I really wanted empanadas. My wife and I did wraps. She had the "Mental Lentil" and I had the "Crazed Mexican" or something like that. The lentil wrap was more wholesome and less processed. The Mexican was tastier, with soy chorizo. I got mine without Daiya (I don't like that stuff). We saw pictures advertising their breakfast menu, such as GF and regular vegan pancakes, and other items. I will give the breakfast a try and update my review on that. All of their desserts are raw and I think GF. I had the 5 layer chocolate pie. It was very good. All in all, a good place, but to eat here is not cheap. For two wraps, no drinks, or anything else (I got the dessert later) it came to $31. To put this in perspective, two wraps at Candle Cafe in NYC's upper east side will run about $30. If this place was in Chicago, NYC, LA, San Francisco, etc, I would likely choose many other places over this place. I'd give it 3 cows. Since it is in Miami, with few other choices, I will give it 4 cows.

Pros: 100% vegan, Good food, Many options

Cons: Overpriced, Questionable neighborhood

Excellent - Edit

I ate here once while on holidays in Miami. I had the Gentil Lentil Burger and it was excellent. Very tasty. I would like to go back and try more things as everything coming out of the kitchen looked really good.

Pros: Good quality food, Vegan, Nice atmosphere

Cons: A trek from Miami beach without a car

A robust vegan cafe' - Edit

We had a great experience here. The place was busy and served great food. We loved the deserts, all vegan. We're planning a second visit this weekend. I'm looking forward to trying out more of what they have to offer. Definitely the ideal place for a vegan who wants to feel catered to.

Pros: Great selections, Great deserts, A place to check out more than once

Great - Edit

My mom and I split a southwestern vegan scramble and a green dinner juice. Both were delicious. The scramble could have included more than one slice of toast and the juice was less sweet than I expected but all in all a delicious meal.

Pros: many options

Cons: high prices

In my 3 days in Miami this was and is my best choice. The food was great I chose the the VA Insane Wrap -It was insanely good. Very filling and no space for anything else.

Pros: great food, great music

Food for everyone - Edit

My nonvegan family has a rule if its vegan you are buying. There was 4 of them. They all got eat something they liked. Brother-in-law Breakfast for lunch, my mom a sandwich, my grandma a soup, my sister a huge salad, and I got the tuna melt. We even got cookies to go. Everyone was happy!

We had to wait for a booth.

Pros: Tuna melt, Many options , Cookies

Cons: Waiting for seating

Organic vegan cafe - Edit

We stopped in on the way to the airport to grab a late lunch and some dinner for the plane. When we mentioned that we were somewhat in a hurry, the waitress was very friendly and accomodating. We chose to sit down for our meal, but there are also counter seats and take out. We ordered the tuna melt and gentil lentil burger. Both were served with salads and were fresh and tasty. They were a bit on the small side though. We also got a mocha cheesecake to share. There was no price on the dessert display, so we were a bit surprised to see it on the bill for $11. While it was very good and we are used to higher prices in LA, a dessert should not be priced the same as an entree. Our wraps were ready to go when we were done eating. We got the insane Mexican wrap and the walnut wrap. Both tasty meals on the plane.

Pros: all vegan, organic and fresh

Cons: pricey desserts

healthy food - Edit

This is a small place with lots of vegan food choices. I had the tuna melt which was good, but didn't seem to be worth $12. Hubby had the insane mexican wrap which he also liked, but was too pricey at $13. This was a very casual place and should have had casual prices. The service was very good and everyone was very friendly. They made my sandwich wrong but cheerfully offered to remake it without my even complaining about the mistake.

SO GOOD even your full blooded carnivore friends - Edit

I won't bother with the gratuitious praise.
Just go.
Take all of your canivore friends.

Trust me on this.

Pros: Entirely vegan, Most delicious restaurant I've ever been, SO DELICIOUS

Cons: None, None , NONE!

Amazing Burritos! - Edit

Vegan mexi food is hard to come across but this place definitely knows how to make a great vegan burrito. The one I ordered had quinoa, black beans, daiya cheese, soyrizo, faijita veggies, and i wish i knew what else! I don't usually spend more than $8 on lunch, but I would definitely come again to splurge. So much flava

Pros: amazing food, healthy, fair portions

Cons: limited seating, wish it was more affordable

Miami we finally have a real Vegan restaurant ! - Edit

I've been looking for a nice real good vegan restaurant and had many disappointing moments...to say the least. As an ethical vegan and a cook, my standards are always high. On Sundays I don't usually cook and I always look for a nice vegan meal as I daily prepare at home...I am so glad I finally found it in "Choices Cafe"and yes it looks that it is indeed REAL VEGAN food (many restaurants claim to be vegan or vegan friendly and they are not). We had an excellent lunch, the food was well seasoned and they even split the salad I was sharing with my husband, the atmosphere is unpretentious,clean and it looks they make the effort to renew everything (they bought what it was previously "Om" restaurant and it was a mess)the food was very, very good, and it had all the ingredients that I am as a vegan familiar with. The salad I ordered had a vegan sausage, but I don't really eat sausages in my salad, so the waitress suggested to replace it for the lentil/beet patty..it was excellent! the dessert, a vegan chocolate brownie with coconut milk ice cream was superb! ...good and friendly service too!The owner came to our table and was very friendly. Definitely going back!!!

Updated from previous review on Sunday March 04, 2012

Pros: vegan, very good food, organic

Cons: *, limited seating

Excellent Vegan Restaurant - Edit

Wonderful food and atmosphere at Choices Vegan Cafe. The menu has delicious options, the staff is very friendly, the owner Alex Cuevas is always very welcoming. I hope to see a Choices Cafe in Miami Beach soon. Wonderful food!!!!

Pros: Food, Quality, Great ingredients

Delicious and Healthy - Edit

I have only eaten here once, but I will definitely be going back to this restaurant. I had the mushroom with pesto, and it was fabulous.

This place isn't inexpensive, but it is topnotch!

Pros: Delicious (even if you are not vegan)., Healthy, Friendly, helpful staff.

Cons: Not inexpensive.

Miami is seriously lacking in vegetarian/vegan restaurants. So, I was thrilled to find this relatively new place (only open since Nov. of 2011). This is a wonderful little cafe that is 100% vegan. I loved it. The service was super-friendly (and the server was very knowledgeable about the food!), the place was clean, and the decor was charming!

I had the Chicken Homie Wrap (Breaded Soy Chicken, Onions, Zucchini, Daiya Cheese, Chipotle Sauce, Spinach). I don't care for chipotle or onions so I left that out and there was no problem with that request. The soy chicken was plentiful, and I really enjoyed it. I was very full when I finished - it's a heaping portion. My friend had the Por Su Pesto Sandwich (Ezekiel Bread, Sprouted Tofu, Daiya Cheese, House Pesto, Spinach, Tomato) and it was delicious also - very flavorful. Both sandwiches came with a nice dark green salad with a house dressing.

We also ordered some DELICIOUS sweet potato fries. Oh, they were so good. They are made up fresh, so allow 20 minutes for them (the server advised us of this). The sandwiches came out really quick.

As in all vegan / raw / vegetarian places, the prices are a little steep (average sandwich is $10 - $12). But, the ingredients are organic and it is all very fresh. You get what you pay for - and here it is well worth it.

Oh, and I really wanted to order the walnut pate, but I am not a fan of spicy food. My server brought me a little sample, and while it was quite good, it was a tad spicy for my taste. The spice is already in it, so I could leave out that ingredient. If you like spicy, give the walnut pate a try.

I'll be back! For sure!

The cafe has free wi-fi, and there is neighborhood street parking (free in front of a little park right across the street). There are several tables inside and a long counter you can eat out; there is no outdoor seating. They take all credit cards.

Pros: Great service, Excellent, flavorful food, Friendly and welcoming

Savior at the Coconut Grove Art Show - Edit

Alex is my hero! He stepped up and saved my husband & I, artists at the Coconut Grove Arts Festival in Feb 2012.
We were on a 21 day juice fast and unable to find juice bar that opened in time to make the art show, Alex made it happen and is a true passionate vegan supporter! The juices were awesome as was the raw food chef visiting from Costa Rica. Our only regret was that we didn't get to experience the Sunday AM pancake extravaganza.....next time we're in Miami, you can be sure we'll be there! Choices is THE BEST!!!

Pros: Fresh & organic, Passionate owner

Delicious! - Edit

Just discovered choices cafe through happy cow. Food was absolutely delicious. Three of us split three different wraps, and I would order all of them again. It's not often you can find great organic vegan food in Miami. Portion sizes were very large, which is also rare at vegan restaurants. I will definitely be going back again and again. Can't wait to try their smoothies and all day breakfast!

Pros: Excellent food, Organic & vegan, Nice ambience

Worth the trip.... - Edit

I came into Miami on business, looked up vegan restaurants on the net, and took a chance on this one. Well worth it wether you are just passing through or live in the area. Excellent food and very nice people. I got stuck withou a taxi in a torrential rain storm and the owner, Alex, gave me a ride to my hotel. I highly recommend a visit.

Pros: People, Food, Service

Lovin' This Place... - Edit

I recently visited Choices Cafe and had their VA Insane Mexican Wrap and the Ginger Miso soup. Both were just great. Full of flavor and a big portion. I was really full afterward but since this was my first time I had the try the carrot muffin and they put some coconut vegan ice cream and that just completed my night. LOVE THIS PLACE AND HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Pros: Big Portions, Lots of Flavor, Great People

Delish and nu-trish :) - Edit

Whether you are vegan, veg, raw, or omnivorous or carnivorous, check this place out if you are in Miami. The food is all organic and ALL delicious! I have tried pretty much everything on the menu, and it's all so flavorful that it's hard to believe it's actually healthy too! Every entree comes with a huge salad, topped with the best house dressing I have ever had. I recommend the VA insane wrap, the pesto wrap, and the chil con kale stew. And of course save room for dessert... they have a few yummy staples, and the chef creates other decadent treats weekly.

Pros: all organic, huge portions, fun and friendly staff

Happy Vegan Chic! - Edit

Ordered Pesto Sandwich, Chipotle Wrap and Banana Cake... all choices were amazing! It's always nice to walk into a place and have the freedom of ordering anything on the menu. The entire staff greeted us and interacted with us as if we had been friends for many years. Will go there as often as I can!! Love small places, especially when a fellow vegan is passionate enough to share his healthy eating with us!!

Pros: Food is amazing!!, Small and quaint with a Miami flare to it!!

Lub da grub! - Edit

Great food. Loved everything our table had. We all shared everything together trying about 6 different dishes. My favorite was the carrot cake pancakes. mmmm

Pros: excellent food, good value, good portions

Cons: few tables, service nice but slow

Living in today's toxicity is certainly a blessing to have a place like this open. I really wish them the best for givig us this little taste of Heaven.
Fresh, vegan, delicious, inventive, clean, friendliness, organic...love!
Keep it up.

Great new place - Edit

Just went here after checking for a vegan place in Miami on Happy Cow. They just started out 5 weeks ago and they have reasonably priced delicious vegan food. Talked to the owner and some of their employees, all really nice people. Please help these guys make it. They believe that Miami needs a good vegan restaurant and really have it. I forget the name of the wrap but try the one with plantains, quinoa and soy chorizo, it is delicious (Daiya cheese always helps). These guys really have their hearts in the right place and more than that they just make awesome food. Check them out!

Pros: Huge Selection, Great Food, Nice Staff

Cons: A bit pricey

Choices! Absolutely loved it!!! - Edit

This little vegan delight is truly a diamond in the rough!!! It is a great place to entice your tastebuds to wholesome, organic and healthy food!! So next time you want to treat your body to a healthy and tasty meal, go check out Choices!!! Located in the heart of Brickell! Alex and Jorge, the owners of Choices Vegan Care, are truly passionate about giving our community the freshest, tastiest food!! I promise you will love it! :) I do!! In fact I'm on my way right now! :) Namaste and have a great day everyone!

Return to Miami Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Choices Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 6048 times since Apr 2014.