Get the HappyCow App

HappyCow mobile application
The App Stores #1 vegetarian and vegan restaurant guide
Thousand of listings across the globe
Featured on CNN, NY Times, and Wall Street Journal
Download the app

© HappyCow 2018

Disneyland - Carnation Cafe

714-781-3463

Main Street USA, Anaheim, California, USA

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cafe at Disneyland. On the menu is a chef's vegan burger with a bean and vegetable patty and vegan chipotle mayonnaise on a multigrain roll served with choice of fruit or fries. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by catbone

CorrieBray

Contributions +45

Mostly Vegetarian
01 Aug 2018

An average vegan bean burger - Edit

We came for the vegan burger which is the only vegan option, it was average and I wouldn’t have it again. They do have vegan waffles for breakfast which I enjoy, we will be back for those.

Pros: One vegan option

ReneeNButtercup

Contributions +227

06 Dec 2017

excellent service and extremely accommodating - Edit

My friends and I were planning on venturing to Disney for the Holidays so we made a reservation at the Carnation Cafe. We made notation on the reservation of dietary needs. We were given a special menu for allergy accommodations that was pretty cool, but still the only item that was vegan was the burger, sorry but I can’t stand bean burgers. So I spoke to my waiter and asked if it would be possible to get a sandwich with no meat no cheese avocado and other veggies. He said no problem he would talk to the chef’s. He came back and informed me that the fries were not vegan and neither was the sandwich bread. I thanked him and he suggested the bun from the burger, so I ordered that and the fruit cup. About 10 minutes later our food arrives and I was presented with the most delicious meal. They had prob 3/4 of a ripe avocado, plenty of produce, their vegan Dijon and pickled onions. This was amazing. The waiter made note that my menu modification inspired the chef’s who even photographed the sandwich before they brought it to me. He took it further and asked my name and called it a Renee Special in return that made me feel super special. Over all our service was amazing and they really made us feel valued on what was an insanely busy day at the park.

Pros: ab

Guacamole

Contributions +268

08 Nov 2017

Tasty - Edit

I actually really enjoyed the burger at carnation cafe and I don't understand all of the hate. Sure it's not the greatest vegan burger ever, but comparing it against the other options at Disneyland it definitely stacks up. The sauce was really yum and the patty itself was tasty. The waiters were friendly and it took less than 5 mins to be seated and around 20 (or less) to order and receive our food. Would eat again when visiting Disneyland.

Pros: Vegan option , Good service, Good value for Disney

Cons: Only 1 vegan option

Clean&Green

Contributions +626

03 Nov 2017

Very average - Edit

Great having a vegan option. Rather average food wise. My omni friend's salad looked much more appetizing but I didn't want to order and have to ask minus chicken, feta, dressing etc.

Pros: a vegan choice in a place with few choices , nice cafe

Cons: long wait, average taste, only one vegan choice

Lucy9

Contributions +153

27 Jun 2017

bad burger - Edit

Had to wait approx 40 mins for a table and was looking forward to giving the vegan burger a go, it was terrible. The burger didn't taste good at all and I couldn't finish it so had to order a bowl of fries to eat instead.

Cons: long wait and can't walk far from the restaurant , poor food

avocadosynth

Contributions +92

16 Feb 2017

Yucky Vegan Burger - Edit

We were spending a day at Disneyland for a birthday, and we made reservations for this place, hoping the vegan burger would be good, but I was sadly disappointed. The burger patty tasted like mashed potatoes with some peas thrown in it, the sauce in it was flavorless, and the pickled onions did not go well with it at all. The fries were all stuck together and had obviously been frozen and reheated. Service was okay but that's basically it. Would not recommend this place.

Cons: vegan burger is bad, fries were frozen

Moenip

Contributions +24

22 Jul 2016

GET THE FRIES - Edit

Nice seating outside. Vegan burger wasn't the best I've ever had but the fries were spectacular.

mjbrancato

Contributions +24

22 Nov 2015

Reservation Only - Edit

wanted to try a vegan burger, but they say they only do reservations only and that we cannot order without a reservation. The place is overcrowded too.

StevenL

Contributions +29

15 Jun 2014

Vegan burger - yes!! - Edit

Great to find Disneyland adding vegan items to menus around the Park! "Chef’s Vegan Burger" at Carnation is different but very good. Reminded me of a potato cake in taste and texture. It had other vegetables in it as well and was pan fried so a little oily. Bun & mayo were very tasty too. Will definitely be back for another one… or two.
(Note: Unfortunately, fried pickles are not vegan because they are dipped in egg whites, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese before frying.)

Pros: In Disneyland!, Vegan on the menu!, Very nice, helpfull staff.

Cons: Needs more vegan items.

catbone

Contributions +576

Vegetarian
05 Nov 2013

Vegan burger-no way - Edit

So happy to see a vegan burger on Disneyland's menu, but it tasted so terrible we thought about sending it back. When we told the waiter about it, we knew we made the right choice by not sending it back because we had ordered other items. But, don't order the vegan burger... the taste, texture and smell was awful.

Pros: Takes reservations , good location on Main Street

Cons: Wait staff no open feedback, not enough vegan choices , need vegan chef

Return to Anaheim Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Disneyland - Carnation Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.