Disneyland - Rancho del Zocalo

714-781-4000

1313 S Harbor Blvd (at Frontierland), Anaheim, California, USA, 92802

Serves meat, vegan options available. Vegans can ask to modify the vegetarian items (except the enchiladas): Soft flour tacos filled with onion, red and green bell pepper, yellow squash, zucchini, carrots (omit cheese) and the vegetable burrito.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Mediterranean, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by veganmirmaid

Vegan burrito - Edit

The staff here were super helpful and understood straight away when I asked for the vegetarian burrito to be made vegan. It was filled with sauteed veg and topped with rice, refried beans, avocado and salad. The portion was big for the price so I'd definitely recommend coming here if you're after a big feed.
The outdoor seating area was charming at night although perhaps could use a bit more lighting in some areas.

Pros: Lots of veg options that can be veganised, Large portions, Good value for disney

Cons: Veg/vegan options should be added to the menu

tostada - Edit

Went to the salad bar and got the tostada with veggies and refried beans. It was okay. Nothing amazing.

Pros: filling & had a tasty tostada shell

Cons: needed more... salsa. pico de gallo was bland.

Not so hot - Edit

When we first went inside, ordering and the way they have the menus laid out was very confusing.

The order area is divided into 5 sections, 4 up front and one off to the side. Each one shares some items but the main entries are at different spots. So if you want an enchilada, tacos and a tostada you may have to go to three different stations! You pay when you leave but ordering is not fun. We weren't the only ones - a number of people were wandering around trying to figure out what to do when a man stepped out and in a very marine-like manner barked out what the protocol was. I got to meet him again later behind the counter.

Next there is NOTHING on the menu about substituting veggies for meat. I asked some over-worked guy preparing the food and he said yes you could. When I asked what did you get he rattled off quite a few vegs including bell pepper, zucchini, carrot, and a few others. So I ordered an enchilada, my wife ordered a cheese enchilada, and my daughter tacos. Required two stations but not the end of the world.

They custom made my enchilada and the tacos though I could barley hear the lady making it as she was asking questions. I said give me everything. Asking about the tacos (they sold as a "trio") I asked if they could all be chicken. The answer I got from the guy previously mentioned was vague at best. So I asked again, finally getting them to concede it was ok to leave off beef and pork. He kept trying to insist on a kids menu (thinking my daughter was a kid which she isn't) and I said no, the trio plate! I wanted full size tacos.

My wife's cheese enchilada was a JOKE - pre made and heated in a microwave.
My enchilada was ok EXCEPT it was 2/3 rice, with traces of pepper/zucchini, some carrot and CELERY! Really? I know it's a vegetable but come on! I forgot what the other "major" ingredient was supposed to be but it wasn't there. All were served with rice and beans.
My daughters tacos looked like kids tacos - very small - though she enjoyed them.

So this place might be ok for carnivores but for the rest of us I wouldn't bother.

Cons: Veg options poor, Ordering/layout is poor, Over priced for veg options

Lots of options - Edit

This is one of the better places in Disneyland to get vegan friendly meals. Almost all of the vegetarian options (except the enchiladas) can be made vegan without dairy. The veggies in the tostada were super delicious. It comes with beans, veggies, salsa (different kinds), and guac and lettuce.

Return to Anaheim Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Disneyland - Rancho del Zocalo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.