WTF - What Tasty Food

Contact 0173337236

98, Lorong Maarof, Bangsar Park, Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 59100

Multi-cuisine vegetarian restaurant opened in Oct 2012. Offers Indian, Indo-Chinese, western, Mexican, and fusion cuisine. Large menu, no microwave oven used. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Indian, Delivery, Take-out, Asian, Fusion, Indo-Chinese

First Review by AndyT

great vegetarian menu - Edit

Good range of vegetarian dishes and a few which are vegan. Tasty, freshly prepared and helpful, well informed waiting staff. They had an amazing range of sweets (almost all made with carnation milk) in preparation for Diwali all made on the premises. Choice of beer and soft drinks. My friend declared the Masala chai delicious! It's located about 30 minutes from the Petronas Towers and is really reasonably priced too.

WTF - What Tasty Food, Kuala Lumpur - Edit

I had some enjoyable food here. Regrettably my memory is dominated by a massively over spiced thai salad. There was no warning given of its atomic powered spiciness. I was unable to finish this salad as was my co diner. I regret food going to waste

Pros: vegan friendly

Cons: massively over spiced thai salad

Great food, fantastic service, one of the best! - Edit

Discovered this place in May 2014 via Happy Cow. Extensive menu with perhaps the best veggie Indian food I have ever had. The guys really looked after us and great service is hard to find in KL. My bro lives is KL and isn't even veggie yet eats here regularly. I'm back for another visit and we had takeout last night. It was as good as the restaurant. Portions are huge so you get value for £. Highly recommended, love this place and wish we had one in the UK!

Indian restaurant with some Western &vegan options - Edit

If your motto in life is "CHEEESE!!! I must at least eat half a kilo of it every day " ... Then WTF might be just the right place for you. If you are vegan, however, or if you simply like to eat healthy food, then possibly not.

When I read the description, I got the impression that it is a restaurant with main,y Western style food. That is not the case. About 90 % of their menu is Indian, and they do have a few Western options. Burger, Pizza, cheese sandwich and some Mexican food. The common deniminator is that they are laden with either cheese, butter or ghee, reflecting the school of thought that is - unfortunataly - also often encountered in Vegetarian restaurants, that mankind can not survive without animal products :-(

However, their prices are much too high for average Indian food. Aloo mutter for RM 10 is ok, charging RM 2 for each single piece of chapatti on top of that, and RM 2 for a jug of ice water is rather steep, but asking RM 7 for a glass of Lemon Iced tea and RM 9 for a small mango lassi are too expensive IMO.

I went there with my non-vegan son, he ate one of the mini-pizzas (the second one was too much for him), I helped him with his fries and had the Aloo Mutter with some Chapattis. The lemon ice tea that I ordered without sugar was very sweet, so when I ordered another one, I specifically asked that no sugar at all be added. The drink I received tasted similar to normal Lipton's out of the can and the "normal" lemon ice tea that my son had ordered would probably have sent a diabetic person into a coma after the first sip. After the lunch, both my son and myself had indigestion, something that I, as a vegan, am simply not used to.

The redeeming factor of WTF is the friendliness of their personnel. The waiter explained which of their options were vegan, and when my son ordered a Mango lassi, he came back to check if that was really ok, as I had asked specifically for no dairy in the food (and lassi is made of yoghurt).

Nevertheless, with only average food and above average prices, this is clearly not sufficient for a better rating.

Pros: Friendly staff, Taste ok

Cons: Prices very high for what they offer, Few vegan options, Food definitely not healthy

Return to Kuala Lumpur Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has WTF - What Tasty Food closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1883 times since Jul 2013.