Whole Foods Market - State St

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 805-837-6959

3761 State St, Santa Barbara, California, USA, 93105

Part of large natural foods supermarket chain. Has fresh fruits and vegetables including organic produce, deli, hot foods and salad bar, vitamins, supplements, personal care products, grocery, coffee bar, and much more. Mon-Sun 8:00am-10:00pm

First Review by isabeldivine

Charming Little Whole Foods Location! - Edit

I love this little WF. It's a sweet, sleepy little location, but the selection is pretty good. It's food-court-type-area is pretty small, and doesn't have options like burritos/sandwiches/asian stir-fry, etc. But overall it has a great selection for the size! I have enjoyed shopping here for years, and as always, they have tons of great vegan options!
The later in the day (closer to closing) you go, the worse the service gets... To the point where I had a girl roll her eyes at me for asking her for an extra bag to double bag my frozen groceries so they wouldn't rip. However, many people here give amazing customer service, and I usually have no complaints whatsoever!

Pros: Big vegan (junk food) selection, Huge produce selection, Huge bulk foods selection

Cons: Very small food court, Seldom stock Lavash bread, Some snappy cashiers

Good option - Edit

There was so much choice for vegans, I know some people are unhappy as its not veg/vegan only, but I think they should be rewarded for so much choice. Tasty salads, vegan pizza, vegan donuts. A whole section of hot vegan meals and then the huge grocery choice. In Australia we have nothing like the range. Prices are not too bad for what you get.

So-so, overpriced, but some good choices - Edit

Like any other Whole Foods, it's an overpriced and somewhat greenwashed affair, with too much shiny stuff and not enough organics and, ironically, too much processed (i.e. *not* whole) foods.

But there are good things to be found if one reads labels carefully.

Poor Selections - Edit

As q whole foods lover I've found it disappointing that this is what we have in Santa Barbara. The selections are slim. The deli food is the same thing over and over completely lacking in creativity. The only positive is the grocery department is willing to bring in new things if you take the time to show them what you want.

Return to Santa Barbara Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Whole Foods Market - State St closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 635 times since Jun 2010.