Vegetarian Restaurant by Hakin

• Friend
Contact 786-210-8787

73 NE 167 St, North Miami Beach, Florida, USA, 33162

Miami vegan restaurant. Offers daily specials, vegan pancake breakfast. Small and casual. Open Mon-Thu 8:30am-9:00pm, Fri 8:00am-4:00pm, Sun 8:30am-5:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Juice bar, Delivery, Take-out, Caribbean

First Review by trutus

Amazing Experience - Edit

I had the pizza breadsticks to start and the all american burger for the entree and everything was amazing! The owner is also so friendly and i loved talking to him. Very cool that it's a health store as well

Pros: great food/selection, friendly staff, fast service

Delicious! - Edit

Visited twice - in Dec 2016 and a few weeks later in Jan 2017. Experience both times was excellent! There are two menus - both of which are massive with many choices. One is a drink menu with lots of juices and smoothies. The other is the food menu. I tried the Vegan Boneless Ribs and the Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich. Both were fantastic. The owner, Hakim, came over to say hello and was very warm and personable.

Pros: delicious, many options, 100 % vegan

Cons: a tad dirty in my second trip

just great - Edit

amazing vegan food, nice atmosphere, lots of different menu options, also has delicious juices and smoothies, and breakfast!!!! ! what else could you want!!!!!!!!!!!! recommend very highly

Updated from previous review on 2016-08-30

Pros: great food , lots of choices , juices and smoothies

Chill spot, good food - Edit

I had the spicy chicken ranch sandwich, it was pretty good, but could've been a little bigger. Seasoned fries were killer, and my wife really liked her meatball sub. Fresh salads were awesome with house made vegan ranch. Good chip selection in the market, too!

Hervorragend! Unbedingt ausprobieren! - Edit

Wir waren während unseres Urlaubes 2 Mal hier, beide Male waren wir begeistert! Super netter Besitzer, freundliches Team und hervorragendes Essen.
Es gibt Tagesgerichte und viele verschiedene ausgezeichnete Speisen. Die Smoothies sind auch herausragend. Dem Restaurant angeschlossen ist ein kleiner Supermarkt mit veganen Produkten.
Eines unser Top 3 Restaurants in der Umgebung Miamis!

Homey, Caribbean vegan paradise - Edit

I don't get to visit this delightful place often enough. I miss the mock chick wing empanadas - they are really wonderful with a whole wheat crust and slightly spicy, very flavorful. It's a pleasant surprise to find this spot in the strip mall - the interior has bamboo and glass shelving built by the owner and the vibe is very chill and friendly. The smoothies and salads are nice as well. I wish he could open a place close to downtown!

YUMMY breakfast :-) - Edit

Lovely place with an amazing vegan menu. We've enjoyed yummy breakfast pancakes and scrambled tofu and delicious smoothies! Thumbs up for an extremely yummy start in a perfect day!

Pros: lovely place, super friendly staff, yummy vegan breakfast and smoothies

Hospitality - Edit

This place is amazing! The tuna and muffins are incredible! The hospitality is generous!

During and after our meal, without us even asking, we were given samples of other food and dishes the had available just to share a little more of their menus with us!

Pros: The hospitality!, The price is right!, Very large selection of options!

Cons: that we didn't discover this place sooner!

Vegan - Edit

We arrived a little late. They had a good day, so not much was still available. Nevertheless, we had the Vegan Fish - it was quite good. The service was very friendly. We should go again when we have more choices.

Pros: Vegan, friendly staff

You won't regret it - Edit

I was pleasantly surprised at how great the food was in this unassuming establishment. The food was very flavorful and may very well be the most tasty vegan food I've had at a South Florida restaurant. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Pros: Food, Owner's warm personality, Friendly staff

Cons: Not open on Saturday, the actual shoping plaza is dated

AMAZING - LOVE IT - Edit

10 words or less: Fantastic, Fantastic, Fantastic. Eat here! Trust me!

Now, my wordy review. This is my new favorite vegan restaurant anywhere! It's been here a long time, but I just discovered it. It was the best food I have ever had. I tried a lot of the things on the menu, and each one was better than the next! I started with Jamaican Veggie Patty with Ackee. Oh, it was SO delicious. It's an appetizer and big enough to share with a friend if you are also getting a regular meal. It was so hearty and tasty! Next time, I won't be sharing it with anyone! I then ordered the "No-Bull Vegan Bar-B-Que Ribs Sandwich". It is served on a wheat baguette and was simply out of this world. The "meat" was so tender and flavorful. It came with a beautiful salad with dark greens and carrots, etc. It was plenty of food. In between the courses, my server brought us a sampling of a delicious strawberry / pineapple smoothie. The little sample left me wanting more! It was very good. My friend had a fantastic full meal. It was the Wednesday special of Curried Chicken Vegan Nuggets. It came with a lot of other good stuff - a salad, some delicious rice, cabbage that was so good, and something called soya. I don't know what soya is, but it was amazing; it was like a little stew with soy meat in it! I could really go on and on about the food, but you get the picture. Everything was delicious and very fresh tasting. Our server was a wonderful young man who was quick to explain everything on the menu. The service was really great. We were given a sample of a fantastic coconut thing for dessert. I don't know exactly what it was, but it was good. There are several choices of vegan desserts, we were just too full to order anything else.

There are a lot of tables inside, and it is also a store filled with lots of healthy stuff to buy. It was very clean. Parking is free in front of the restaurant; no problem there.

I can't wait to go back here. Miami lacks great vegan places and I so glad to have a new place to eat. I enjoyed it immensely. Oh, and the prices are great. Everything was very reasonably priced; my sandwich was $9.75, and my friend's huge meal was only $9.95 - the value is superb.

DIRECTIONS: It's only a couple blocks east of I-95 on 167th Street on the north side of the street. If you're going west on 167th, turn in right before the Wendy's and it will be right in front of you. (B'tween N Miami Ave & NE 2 Ave.)

Pros: Exceptional food, Big variety, Service is excellent

A+++ - Edit

Beautiful, clean and friendly staff to top it off. The food was so good we wanted to turn around and get more as we were driving to our hotel, but it was rush hour traffic.
My daughter (4yrs old), very picky and only likes mommy's cooking said "this food is sooooooooooooo good." You've got a winner, we'll be in town for a week and mark my word, we will be back. Vegans have no fear this is our spot.

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff

Great Local Vegan Food in Miami - Edit

If not for Happy Cow, I would never have known of this place. It is in a small strip center on a very busy road, surrounded by other businesses that drown out its low key appearance.

I called ahead of time to check on hours, and to see if there is outdoor seating available. Since they have outdoor tables, I was able to bring my vegan dog (eats special, nutritionally complete vegan dog food) along to let him sample a few bites of the fare. Animal friendly is a definite plus, in my book.

While waiting for my friend to arrive for dinner, I was able to observe the inside of the restaurant. Two words that come to mind to describe what I saw are: "simple" and "clean." I was able to observe staff cleaning while awaiting the arrival of customers, and it is quite evident that the staff cleans and maintains everything properly. There are some tables inside, but this is a small business with friendly staff and an onsite owner. I consider this another plus.

Although the sign on the restaurant uses the word vegetarian, everything in the place is completely vegan. Vegans: no worries about ordering anything.

We really enjoyed favorites mentioned by other reviewers like the Philly Cheezesteak and the velvet cake. However, other items like their smoothies were tops (so good that we each had two). If they have the tiramisu when you dine there, get some!

I will definitely go there again.

Pros: Delicious, Healthy, Good value

Cons: Easy to miss on the road.

Wonderful experience - Edit

This was by far the best food we had on our recent visit to Miami. We liked it enough to return 3 times in as many days. It's hard enough to find vegan food in a restaurant, much less healthy. This is both. Entirely vegan, so we could order anything from the menu without worries. They make the best food, without oils or artificial ingredients.
Sandwiches, pancakes, scrambled tofu - whatever you order, absolutely delicious. Fresh made juices - wow. Smoothies - yummers! Vegan Red Velvet cake - so good. Everyone in the restaurant was so kind and welcoming, making the whole experience a delight. Hakim is passionate about vegan food and health, we enjoyed a long conversation with him. It's fun to meet people who share our passion about healthy eating.

Pros: healthy, delicious, reasonable prices

Cons: none

Return to North Miami Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegetarian Restaurant by Hakin closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.