Vegan's Prague

Contact 735171313

Nerudova 36, Prague, Czech Republic, 118000

An all-vegan restaurant in the heart of Prague, near Prague Castle, opened early 2016. Creates home-style Czech and international cuisine. Relax on the romantic terrace with a beautiful view. The restaurant is in an old building from 16th Century. Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-9:30pm.

Category: Vegan, International, Macrobiotic, Organic, Raw, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Asian, Bakery, European, Czech

First Review by arcane

Muito bom! - Edit

Ambiência agradável com pratos muito gostosos. Com meus pais, comemos pratos tipicos da regiao, e o pao da casa é bem gostoso.
O serviço foi otimo, com direito a algumas trocas em português!
Recomendo

Pros: good food, kind service, beautiful decoration

Cons: 3rd floor without elevator, -, -

super friendly staff, great value and veganized Czech cuisine - Edit

loved eating at this cute restaurant during my time in Prague - I always try and find veganized versions of local cuisine and this place does that super well! they even have veganized local desserts! (side note: they also make the most delicious vegan strawberry cheesecake I have ever tasted !!) they offer heaps of other options too including raw and gluten free ... it was really great value for money, really cheap in my opinion (2 course meal a dessert and drinks for two was around 35 aus dollars) ... and finally the staff (who speak English) are incredibly friendly and kind 😊 which just makes the experience even better

Authentic Czech - Edit

It is really nice to see a vegan restaurant attempt to recreate authentic local dishes. The food was pretty good and the staff were very friendly.

Pros: Very friendly staff, Conveniently located in Praha 1 , Authentic Czech inspired food

Small portions for high prices - Edit

As an expat living in Prague I find the prices to high in relation to the portion sizes. I ordered a gluten free burger and basically had it in two bites. I had to go to another restaurant to finish my lunch.

Pros: Cozy, Food quality

Cons: Portion sizes, Price

One of the best restaurants I went to in Europe - Edit

As a vegan traveling, I always try to find restaurants the veganize the local cuisine. This restaurant does exactly that and the food is amazing! It was my omnivore friend's favorite restaurant in Prague as well. The staff is very friendly and the atmosphere is great. Can't recommend enough!

daily specials were a treat - super convenient location - Edit

We had the Mexican burgers - a real treat. The beetroot carpaccio was excellent .

Very friendly and helpful service.

Perfectly positioned between the Castle and the Charles. Bridge.

Excellent Experience -- A Gluten-Free Vegan's Paradise ! - Edit

Ate at Vegan's Prague tonight and it was an absolutely wonderful experience.

Last time I was in Prague, I ate at the same place but it had a different name, although the menu seems to be very similar...

And, as with my previous visit, my friends and I had an excellent meal tonight, with plenty of Gluten-Free dishes to choose from.

We started with the Guacamole on Raw Crackers, the Beet Carpaccio, and Raspberry Lemonades. Both dishes were delicious and the Beets were unexpectedly good (not as "earthy" tasting as beets can usually be). The Lemonade was just right.

Then we had the Zucchini Lasagne, the Potato Goulash, and the Nasi Goreng.

The Lasagne was very tasty and the vegan cheese was perfect.

The traditional Goulash was hearty and satisfying.

The Indonesian fried rice dish is a "keeper" for my friend, who will definitely return and get that again.

We ended with the Blueberry Dumplings and a slice of Raw Raspberry Cake. Both wonderfully delicious.

The service was friendly and efficient and the views of the city picturesque.

I will definitely come back again when next I am in Prague!

Updated from previous review on 2016-09-06

Pros: Menu variety, descriptions, lots of GF, Ambiance & location, Friendly & patient waitstaff

Great location for lunch - Edit

Eating here for lunch was all positives; experienced helpful staff, good tasting food with lots of choice on the menu and a nice clean tidy restaurant.
If you are doing the castle tour you should show up here for lunch.

Pros: Tasty well presented food, Attentive staff, Bright clean restaurant

A happy find. - Edit

I stumbled upon this restaurant this afternoon while on my way back from the castle. I was hungry and kept passing places full of meat dishes, so I was delighted to run into this place. Once I climbed to the top of the stairs, I had to wait for a bit as it was very busy. But it was worth it. I ordered the Czech dish with smoked tempeh and a beer. Yum!

Pros: Great food., Friendly staff., Good atmosphere.

Cons: The stairs!

what happened to LoVeg?! - Edit

I went there as I thought, that it still would be the LoVeg and only changed its name.
Unfortunately I was disappointed. Just one person was left of the old staff (where's the nice dude with the big beard?!), the food was more expensive than it used to be, therefore all the portions shrinked in size.
The food still was ok, but it has lost mostly all of the glory this location still had about a year ago. It was my favorite restaurant back in the days. Now it more likely seems to turn into a hipster esoteric kind of etablissement.
I won t go there again. Prague definitely lost one of it's best places to eat.

Pros: nice view from the balcony

Cons: hip, esoteric , expensive, little food for a high price

Superb place near Prague Castle - Edit

We ate in this place on our way to visit Prague Castle. It is a beautiful restaurant- you climb a few flights of stairs to get to the dining room and hten you're there, right up in the red roofs of historic Prague!

Our waitress was very kind & friendly, she made us coffee / juice while we waited for the kitchen to open ( we arrived slightly early for lunch service), and then we ordered. I had zuccini lasagne with cashew cream cheese and wow, it was beautiful - it certainly did not disappoint - whilst my husband had a salad, with their homemade bread and an avocado dip on the side.

Everything was beautifully prepared with very fresh ingredients, and wonderfully presented - it was a wonderful setting with brilliant food, and I can only imagine it would be better still for dinner.

Definitely recommended!

Pros: Great food , Friendly service, Reasonably priced

great vegan spot close to the Prague Castle - Edit

Great service and very convenient location for when you visit the Prague Castle (5 mins from the top). We had the red burger, Greek salad and a special of the day - cauliflower burger. All were good - the burgers don't make you feel super full as the buns are pretty light. Highly recommend the dips especially the herb dip. We didn't have room for dessert but sounded good. Definitely worth a visit!

Pros: Close to Castle, friendly service, dips and vegan cheese on the burgers are tasty

Cons: lots of steps - be prepared to work for your dinne

wonderfull ambience, good food - Edit

If have reached the restaurant in the second floor, everything is wonderfull; great ambience, friendly people; the food was tasty, but you have to use a three course menue to be filled....

But we will come back:)

Nice Location too expensive - Edit

It's a really nice location, the food was tasty, but the main dishes had the size of a starter :( I had the vegan feast, which was like a Tapas size and my boyfriend had a Burger and we were hungry afterwards... maybe it's ok if you 3course Menü, but we did not know that

Pros: Location , Staff

Cons: Size of dishes, Price

Hit or Miss - Edit

We were excited to go here after an afternoon spent at Prague Castle. The ambiance is truly exceptional-the restaurant occupies two floors, with seating on the top floor via the spiral staircase truly outstanding. The drinks were excellent-homemade hot mint and iced teas with exotic plants-delicious. The cuisine itself is hit or miss. My husband very much enjoyed his veggie burger, though I ordered a vegan take on a traditional Czech dish and did not like it at all. This restaurant is best for couples and friends, though not great for families with young children because it is at the top of many flights of stairs and not stroller accessible. My husband loved this place, though I have tasted better over the course of our travels.

Pros: Ambiance, Service

Cons: Cuisine, Stroller Accessibility.

good place for romantic evening - Edit

Location is great, just next to the Hradczany. We ate Svickova with smoked tempeh and Old Bohemian Vegan Feast as a main dishes. Portions were too small, but the taste was really good. We also ordered desserts- HappyCow cake- very sweet but really good! and homemade fruit breaded dumplings (knedle) with plums- super! We recommed to try Regent beer- the best beer we've tried in Prague! Prices are a little bit to high for the amount of food. Good place for romantic dinner or evening, they have also a small terrace. Staff were super nice and helpful:)

Pros: taste, staff, location

Cons: small portions

Top-quality vegan food - Edit

Very good vegan food. High-quality ingredients, and dishes packed with intense and bursting flavours. Also the portions were of a very satisfying size (I'm a male who tends to eat a lot). I went there twice. I had once the nasi goreng, and the other time the lasagne. The nasi goreng was absolutely perfect, but the lasagne was a little bit too oily for my taste, and it was a smaller portion than the nasi goreng. I highly recommend the rolled bell pepper appetizer! Also very friendly staff, and good prices. Overall, deserves 5 stars without any doubt!

Pros: Everything

Cons: Nothing

Vegan's Prague - Edit

One of the best meals I had on my trip.

Food was very good and they had a lot of traditional Czech dishes.

Close to St. Vitus and the castle.

Highly recommend.

Pros: Very good food, Traditional dishes

Very nice place - Edit

My friend and I went here twice. The food was delicious and full of flavor. The service was good and the people who worked here were very nice. I especially liked the chocolate cake! I still would love to find out how they made it... it was so creamy and chocolaty.. And it went very well with the cappuccino which was also delicious!

Pros: chocolate cake!!!

Excellent! - Edit

Wonderful food matched by a very friendly staff and terrific service. A wide selection of dishes perfectly prepared and in nice-sized portions. We ordered nearly everything on the menu over the course of our trip to Prague; from appetizers to desserts they were all delicious. Don't miss out!!

Pros: food, service, price, basically everything., raw options, gluten free options, menu variety to

A nice experience - Edit

Me and my brother were in Prague for the weekend and luckily discovered this gem. Greeted by friendly and enthusiastic staff, we were given a menu with plenty to choose from. Good prices, big servings and really tasty food.. Highly recommend for anyone visiting Prague. Especially if you are already planning on visiting the castle.

Pros: Large portions , Friendly staff , Nice location

Good eats - Edit

I had a vegan feast, which was a sampler of five different dishes. Every dish was different and tasty in its own way. I'm someone who likes to try a little bit of everything, so I love that they had this option.

I also ordered their "lemonade of the day." It turned out to not be very lemon-y - it was a raspberry and herb drink - but it was so good and I liked it more than I like lemonade. It was a perfect refreshment for a warm day.

Pros: Variety, Drinks

Fabulous restaurant near Prague Castle - Edit

Loved this place! You cannot miss this restaurant on Nerudova Street on the way up to Prague Castle — with its green sign visible from the street and the view up by the castle. The restaurant is a few flights of stairs up and well worth the trek. It has vegan versions of a couple of traditional Czech meals (delicious and interesting) as well as some very good favorites including zucchini lasagna and pasta. I don't normally go for desserts but we tried a few of theirs and they were exceptional an agave "honey" cake, raw apricot cake, marzipan "Happy Cow" cake, and blueberry dumplings. They also had very tasty red wine and beer selections. There is a little bit of outdoor seating with a view of the castle up top — just perfect if there's room.
Updated from previous review on Sunday May 22, 2016

Pros: Great location, Some outdoor seating, Exceptional desserts

Great food - Edit

We had a potatoes gulasch and nasi goreng, both very tasty. Big portions and good prices. Unfortunately didn't have more place for one of the delicious looking deserts. The restaurant was completely full, so maybe it would be a good idea to call before and make a reservation.
Updated from previous review on Monday May 16, 2016

Updated from previous review on Monday May 16, 2016

A real gem - Edit

A beautiful restaurant in a beautiful place. The terrace outside has amazing views across the rooftops and onto the castle walls - very special.

The food was some of the best we had in Prague, and the service was extremely friendly. We were treated like VIPs.

Higher on the price range than some places, but what you'd expect for a lovely 3 course meal. If you want to treat yourself to a stylish night out in the historical beauty of Prague, this is your place!

Pros: Friendly staff, Very nice presentation of food, Amazing setting

Cons: A little more pricey, A bit further out of town

cosy place - Edit

they are newly open after another vegan restaurant.
The restaurant is in a very old (middle ages?) house on the top floor, very cosy place.
The food was good and they have organic draft beer, which is difficult to get in Prague otherwise.
There is an extra daily dish every day and some Czech traditional dishes in vegan version available.
I have not tested the deserts, but they looked delicious.

Pros: great cental location and nice house, organic draft beer

Cons: stairs to the 2nd floor

Too small portions for the prices - Edit

This is not the place to go if you want to have a real meal, unless you have a large budget.

The quality of the food was quite good, the place very cosy and in the historic centre of Prague. However, the portions were so small that we had to go for lunch a second time right after.

Pros: Location in the historic centre, Cosy place, Quality of food

Cons: Too expensive, Very small portions

Don't miss this! - Edit

Incredible vegan food at reasonable prices. Plenty of options including traditional Czech. Beautiful view from the terrace and lovely staff.

Pros: Beautiful design and view from terrace, Delicious food with Czech options, Friendly staff

Return to Prague Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegan's Prague closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.