Vegan's Prague

Nerudova 36, Prague, Czech Republic, 118000

Vegan restaurant in an 16th century building near Prague Castle with terrace and view, since early 2016. Makes home-style Czech and international cuisine. Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-9:30pm.

Category: Vegan, International, Organic, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Asian, European, Czech

First Review by arcane

Magnificent food in splendid atmosphere - Edit

After sampling vegan restaurants in Prague for the better part of a week I'll have to say this is my favourite. Traditional Czech food vegan-style is a very good selling point. Add to that the deliciousness of every dish and dessert I tried, as well as the spectacular locales with a view across the rooftops. Do try their specials.

Pros: Traditional Czech food, vegan-style, Reasonable prices, Spectacular locales

Cons: Not wheelchair-accessible

I recommend it! - Edit

I recommend this restaurant, it's really well located and it has a small teerrace with a view of the castle. The food is tasty and good. We liked it so much that we went there twice during our days in Prague. They have Czech specialities but also dishes from around the world. The staff is friendly and efficient.

Pros: Tasty food, Good location, Friendly staff

Cons: Better to book a table

excellent food - Edit

Loved the goulash and blueberry dumplings. The red wine wasn't great. Awesome view of the area from the two table patio if you can get it. Friendly staff. Recommend.

Pros: All vegan

Cons: lots of stairs

Great intro to Prague - Edit

We had a great meal here and luckily we were able to get a table without a reservation. Staff was very friendly and taught us a few Czech words as it was our first stop when we got into town. The feast, goulash, and blueberry dumplings were our most memorable meal in Prague! I believe there is a street bistro for smoothies and snacks (if you are looking to stop when visiting the castle) and then full restaurant upstairs which is where we had dinner.

Fabulous - Edit

Beautiful old building on the way down from (or up to) the castle. Lots of flights of stairs but worth the climb. Beamed ceilings and a tiny terrace if you are lucky enough to get sat outside. The host was friendly and seemed very proud of his restaurant (and was hot which was a bonus), but the food was why we were there and it didn't disappoint. I had the vegan feast, which could have been more of a 'feast' if I'm honest, but each part was tasty especially the mushroom bit. The pièce de résistance however was the raw banana and peanut butter cake which was amazing. Go here.

Pros: All vegan, Beautiful old building, Friendly and enthusiastic service

Cons: Not for those who don't do hills or stairs

Unbelievably good! - Edit

I wanted traditional food, so I got the Czech feast. It was so good and so filling. My husband got a burger (which had a great flavor) and my mom got the stir fry. Atmosphere was great, servers were super friendly, and I loved the building and the hike up to it!

excellent restaurant - Edit

We tried this restaurant for a dinner. the atmosphere was cosy and the staff friendly. We tried the first burger and the goulash. it was very Good. not too fatty so i took a desert, a raw mango coconut and carrot cake.

Pros: cosy atmosphere , friendly staff , good meal

Worth the walk up the hill - Edit

Up the hill, and then a few flights of stairs, but you end up being warmly welcomed into a lovely restaurant. The food was really incredible, and this was the only place I found that served Czech food. The tempeh was so tasty, as was the avocado tartar. Highly recommended!

There's also a great cafe on the ground floor that sells really tasty sandwiches and mulled wine, to eat in or take away.

Pros: Friendly staff with excellent English, Local food

Cons: No disabled access

Gita scolastica - Edit

Tutto ottimo, qualità prezzo molto buona, i cereali li preferirei integrali (il riso bianco non è salutare, anche se vegan) e la scelta sulle insalate dovrebbe essere più ampia. Ottima la birra bio.

Pros: locale molto bello pulito e carattetistico

Cons: ci vorrebbe un po più di scelta

loved it! - Edit

Went with my boyfriend, sister and my sisters husband. And we all loved it here, it was a super cool little place (although nearly died on the way up there - up about 10 flights of stairs ?) I had the zucchini lasagne and it was by far the best lasagne I've ever eaten!! My boyfriend had the red burger and said it was the best vegan burger he's ever had! Would 100% return if I come back to Prague one day

Pros: brilliantly flavoured food, great atmosphere and views

Cons: no vodka lol, don't think they had a English menu

Excellent food and ambience - Edit

Delicious and imaginative food in the heart of Prague. Lovely surroundings and friendly service. Thoroughly enjoyed my meal there, as did my carnivore partner.

Pros: Excellent food, Lovely ambience and service, Great location

Great location and incredible food - Edit

Found this whilst exploring and it was the best find ever. I had a lasagne and it was AMAZING! My boyfriend had Indonesian rice and hasn't stopped raving about it. Wish I could go back, the staff are amazing and it's in a great tourist location.

Pros: Amazing selection of food , Nice staff , Good location

Cons: Lots of stairs

Very nice restaurant ! - Edit

Vegan czech food, super !!
Nicely located, staff speak english.

Muito bom! - Edit

Ambiência agradável com pratos muito gostosos. Com meus pais, comemos pratos tipicos da regiao, e o pao da casa é bem gostoso.
O serviço foi otimo, com direito a algumas trocas em português!
Recomendo

Pros: good food, kind service, beautiful decoration

Cons: 3rd floor without elevator, -, -

Awesome place - Edit

Really nice traditional food of the country. The staff is super friendly.

Pros: Traditional food, Staff, Location

Cons: Price

super friendly staff, great value and veganized Czech cuisine - Edit

loved eating at this cute restaurant during my time in Prague - I always try and find veganized versions of local cuisine and this place does that super well! they even have veganized local desserts! (side note: they also make the most delicious vegan strawberry cheesecake I have ever tasted !!) they offer heaps of other options too including raw and gluten free ... it was really great value for money, really cheap in my opinion (2 course meal a dessert and drinks for two was around 35 aus dollars) ... and finally the staff (who speak English) are incredibly friendly and kind ? which just makes the experience even better

Authentic Czech - Edit

It is really nice to see a vegan restaurant attempt to recreate authentic local dishes. The food was pretty good and the staff were very friendly.

Pros: Very friendly staff, Conveniently located in Praha 1 , Authentic Czech inspired food

pricey dishes - Edit

Small portions compared to the prices. But really cordial atmosphere and wonderfully tasting meals.

Cons: no wheelchair access, expensive

Return to Prague Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegan's Prague closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.