American
Take-out
Mexican
Gluten-free
Breakfast

Makes vegan breakfast, lunch, and dinner foods. Menu is gluten-free, offering pancakes, waffles, french toast, tofu scramble, nachos, burgers, pasta, tacos, and kids' items. Has cocktails and gluten-free beer. Est. 2019 previously at 510 Enrique M Barrera Pkwy Ste 101. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-10:00pm.

Venue map for Vegan Avenue
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by hitalz

LaurelC

Points +62

17 Feb 2024

Best Vegan Brunch I've Ever Had.

Where to start? We got cocktails and cocktails, so there was something for everyone to feel included for the toast. The chilaquilles are spicy and to die for. We got a variety of tacos, and all of the food was HEAPING portions. So worth our money and time.

Pros: Huge portions, Well flavored, Variety on menu

quincyq03

Points +222

13 Feb 2024

Great food, could be more sustainable

I stopped here on a road trip and was excited to find an all vegan restaurant. It was a little pricey, but the food was excellent. I just wish they were a bit more environmentally friendly.

I started with a cookies and cream milkshake. It was very good. I can’t remember the last time I had a vegan milkshake.

I also had the Cheezy Mushroom Burger with sweet potato fries, since they were out of regular fries. The burger was amazing and they nailed the sweet potato fries as well.

For sustainability... The milkshake came in a plastic container with a big plastic straw. There were also two ketchup packets on my plate when I was served. I get that it’s a fast food place, but a bottle of ketchup would have been nice.

For cost, the milkshake was $9, which felt steep. The burger was $17, but I’ve had more expensive vegan burgers that weren’t as good. There was a service charge of 4%, plus tax and a tip. It was $35 for a modest meal for one, so it adds up quick.

Again, as a vegan restaurant, I wish they were more sustainable with the plastic and condiment packets, otherwise I enjoyed my food here.

Updated from previous review on 2024-02-13

Pros: Great food, friendly service, chill atmosphere

Cons: A little pricey, could be more sustainable

vegan_mouse

Points +1237

07 Feb 2024

Vegan and GF

First of all I was so happy to find out this restaurant is vegan and gluten free because my partner only eats GF. We had breakfast here twice while in SA, and it was so delicious both times. I tried the omelette, French toast, hash, and more.

Not only was the food great but the staff is super friendly and kind. Our waiter, Jesus, was very attentive and helpful!

It was also nice to see a vegan place so poppin on a Sunday morning.😄

WFPB47

Points +100

26 Jan 2024

Delicious vegan comfort food!

Omg it’s been so long since I’ve had shrimp and grits, I was obsessed pre-vegan. The oyster shrooms and grits here were fantastic, it truly hit the spot! My husband and I got the Mac and cheese to share and that was also soooo good. Highly recommend!! #Veganuary

Pros: Food, Drinks, Staff

MelissaLarson

Points +1225

28 Dec 2023

Potentially Great Vegan Restaurant

We enjoyed are visit here. My quinoa bowl was full of flavor and lots of lime which I loved. It was very salty and that detracted from my enjoyment of the food. The mixed taco plate was good with nice spiciness. Enchiladas were great. The bread on the sandwich was very hard which was not good. Many more menu items that looked good.

Updated from previous review on 2023-12-28

Pros: Very flavorful food , Friendly service , Pleasant atmosphere

Cons: Too salty, Expensive

odel5

Points +94

13 Nov 2023

Very good fully vegan restaurant and bar

CHEEZESTEAK OMELET ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

BUFFALO MAC (w/fried chick’n) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Updated from previous review on 2023-11-13

Pros: Excellent service , Full service bar , 100% vegan

veganrunning

Points +566

11 Nov 2023

Awesome Vegan Restaurant

Amazing Vegan Food with a lot of vegetables and large portions The Vegan food is delicious 💚

Pros: Vegan Plant Based , Gluten Free, Lots of Veggies

kirbythevegan

Points +352

11 Nov 2023

Wanted to try everything!!

Deciding what to get was such a struggle — everything sounded incredible! We ended up trying the buffalo Mac, chikn parm hero, and the sweet potato flautas, and would highly recommend all 3! So cute inside too😄

Pros: Outstanding food, Cute ambiance, So many great options

NJB1908

Points +120

26 Oct 2023

Nice experience

I had such a wonderful experience at this place. It’s a bit off of the beaten path but well worth it. It’s a small, cozy spot, which adds to the appeal. They have indoor and outdoor seating. The outdoor space has a beautiful mural to view, while enjoying a delicious meal. Our server, Jose’, was super sweet and very knowledgeable about everything on the menu. I ordered the ‘shroom and grits. Let me tell you, this dish was DELICIOUS!! The oyster mushrooms may be a tad overcooked for some but I thoroughly enjoyed them and they were seasoned perfectly. The grits, oh the grits…perfection!! If I lived here, I’d be a regular, just for these. The iced mocha that I ordered was also delicious. The waffles and pancakes are gluten-free, so they taste a bit different from their gluten counterparts. The fam ordered the chik’n and waffles and a plain waffle. I tasted them and thought they were cool, but the taste is definitely different from a regular “gluten” vegan waffle, so just be mindful of this when ordering. The fam (who are non-vegan) didn’t care for them unfortunately, but kudos to the restaurant for providing options for those who can’t tolerate gluten. I think that’s awesome. We also had the chips and queso, which I enjoyed. I ordered a strawberry milkshake to go, which was soooooo good!! Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this place. It was awesome and I’d definitely visit again.

Forakora

Points +475

30 Sep 2023

Great quality

The fried mushrooms and grits are sooo good! I want to crawl into bed with a giant bowl of them and eat myself into a coma

Pros: Delicious , Friendly staff, Great armosphere

Mateohecktic

Points +204

27 Aug 2023

Top Vegan Restaurant

I've been here numerous times and can state with all certainty that this is one of the best vegan restaurants that I've been to. Not only do they have a variety of meals from breakfast to dinner and different styles, but they're all delicious. Also one of the few places I've been to that also serves alcohol if you're like me and love pairing it with different dishes.

Updated from previous review on 2023-08-27

Pros: Variety , Alcohol , Full coffee bar

AliyaA

Points +154

23 Aug 2023

Fav spot in SA

This place never disappoints! Everything I tried is delicious and we even make special trips to San Antonio just to come here. Some of personal favorites: Al pastor and carne asada tacos, ceviche and chicken.

JuliaTR

Points +140

16 Aug 2023

YUM

Spent one night in San Antonio, ate here twice (for dinner and then again for breakfast). For dinner we had the enchiladas verdes and the karma curry bowl, both very good. In the morning I ordered the Breakfast Club and boy am I glad I did, it was sooooooo yummy, really hit the spot. We also split a smoothie and a waffle which were great. They were busy and the food took awhile but the staff were very sweet.

VegBuchis

Points +180

15 Aug 2023

Super delicious but a little pricey

Went here with my non-vegan friend and we both loved it. Very delicious, extremely friendly and helpful staff, and nice interior. A little bit pricey but worth it.

Sahrina0201

Points +32

08 Aug 2023

Delicious and super friendly

I am in San Antonio for a business trip, I like to find healthy vegan restaurants… in San Antonio most vegan places are on the indulgent side. I ordered the fajita bowl with sauce on the side. It exceeded my expectations! It was so delicious. The service was also amazing, a couple of people that were not my server came by just to ask if I enjoyed my meal. They were playing retro MTV videos on the TV. I’m going back again before this trip is over!

BettyCa

Points +103

04 Jul 2023

Excelent food

Tasty great portions and variety! Great beverages!

cjcope

Points +51

24 Jun 2023

Great food, cute place

Popular place is it stayed full while we were there. Great food, nacos are awesome and the carne asada tacos are delicious.

Cons: Limited parking

GoddessOfWhatnot

Points +48

11 Jun 2023

Everything but sandwiches🤤

Super cute venue, and almost everything I’ve had has been delicious! I’m a sucker for their buffalo mac & cheese. Giving 4 stars instead of 5 because their sandwiches were a bit disappointing (NOT ‘bad’, just not as good as you’d hope)

MiLaKate

Points +198

08 Jun 2023

Loved this cute little spot!

Great food, cute outdoor seating area, reasonable prices! Also, pretty decent portions. My friend and I split the carne asada fries (app), birria quesadillas, and enchiladas verdes. We left very full with an enchilada and sides to go!

Updated from previous review on 2023-06-08

mia1702

Points +415

11 May 2023

Sooooo gooooood 😋

The food is incredibly delicious

Pros: All vegan, Good variety, Nice location

Cons: Expensive

ollie33

Points +692

09 May 2023

Tasty Salad

Cool vegan restaurant with a full bar just north of town. I got the Asian Kale salad for takeout, very good. Will be back to try other things when in town.

Updated from previous review on 2023-05-09

Pros: Big portions, Fresh

SteveEnder

Points +24

01 May 2023

Not your traditional QUESADILLAS!

They look more like tacos, but don’t let that dissuade you from trying this heavenly dish of savory goodness!

alicej18

Points +261

26 Apr 2023

Holy crap

I just had the best carne asada tacos and Mexican rice EVER.

Pros: Delicious all vegan options!!

jacqadel

Points +333

21 Apr 2023

Yummy

Stylish and comfortable cafe with outdoor seating. Delicious tacos, fresh salad and a really delicious strawberry milkshake that wasn’t overpowered by coconut flavor. The menu had lots of options and the server was attentive and friendly.

Pros: All vegan! , Sampler plate with 3 different tacos. , Fish tacos!!

irplonk96

Points +2387

01 Apr 2023

Delicious vegan food

I got the sweet potato flautas, and they were phenomenal. There was hardly anyone there when I went, and I was served quickly.

Update: Docked one star because I came back here and got the avocado toast for breakfast. I also added tempeh bacon to the top. I was disappointed with the dish. It came with kale, but it was just that, kale. No dressing or anything. The toast itself would have been flavorless without the addition of the bacon, and they topped it with cheese which felt random. It was served on a very small plate, so I made a mess of the kale, getting it all over the table. Seems like the dishes might be more hit-or-miss.

Updated from previous review on 2023-04-01

Pros: All vegan, Indoor and outdoor seating

Cons: Hit-or-miss with the dishes

catwoman1958

Points +249

18 Mar 2023

Vegan deliciousness

So lovely to find this gem on our return trip to San Antonio. LOVE a vegan restaurant that serves breakfast first thing in the morning AND all day long as well. For the win it was the vegan slam for me, a yummy vegan version of a Denny’s grand slam. Husband had the enchiladas verde. Everything was delicious. Especially enjoyed the house made tortilla chips with queso.

Pros: 100% vegan, Nice vibe, Breakfast all day

ECDLR

Points +557

17 Mar 2023

3.5 stars

Positives: cute decor with a nice patio. All vegan with multiple protein options. Decent serving sizes. The pancakes were good, orange chicken bowl was very good.

Cons: not great service, expensive, coffee was not good, pancakes were supposed to come with granola and did not, somewhat plain.

Pros: All vegan , Different proteins , Outdoor seating

Cons: Expensive, Hit and miss, Service