Treasure Vegetarian Restaurant

Contact +852-27082728

G/F Man On Building, 79 Tai Po Rd, Sham Shui Po, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China,

新聚寶素食 is a mid range, HK style restaurant and take away. Has English menu. 2014 relocated from 749 Nathan Rd Prince Edward. Nearest MTR - Sham Shui Po exit B2. Mon-Sun 8:00am-11:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Take-out

First Review by JohnnySensible

Bad food, bad service, overpriced - Edit

I had one meal here. It took them about 30 minutes to make a simple beancurd aubergine dish that was not well cooked and no spices were used. They did not speak English and I was asked a much higher amount than in the menu (even including the service charge), probably because I am foreign.
I will never go to this restaurant again.

Cons: service, food, price

Treasure Vegetarian Restaurant, Hong Kong - Edit

This appears to be the 1st review of this place on happycow since the restaurant moved last year from Prince Edward to Sham Shui Po.

No issues for me when I ate here tonight. I had a native speaker with me to handle the ordering which of course always helps. There was though an English language menu. We picked a bunch of dishes and asked if they were friendly friendly. The waitress went to double check with the kitchen and came back to say all of them were.

Decent food, no issues with service, pricing, decor etc all fitted in for a mid range type restaurant in HK. Its bright and clean inside. I'd be happy to eat here again if I was in this part of HK.

There's a take away counter that looks like the standard sort of vego Chinese take away across HK.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Tasty, reasonably priced food

Nice place - Edit

I went here three times while in HK. The place is very authentic, we were the only customers under 50+ years... And this old folk was very friendly.

Waiters don't know much English, but knowing Mandarin helped. There is a set menu which includes soup, rice and dim sum. For dim sum you need to go early, before noon is recommended. If you go too late, you won't get any!

We never looked at the English-Chinese menu, but ate various dim sums and tasted the mock meats from the upstairs counter. Delicious. The a la carte -menu seemed to be moderately expensive, but the set menu is very affordable (only 108-140 HKD for two PAX depending on if it's a weekday or a weekend).

Nice, authentic restaurant for the adventurous. Some basic ability to understand Cantonese/Mandarin helps.

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly, authentic atmosphere, Affordable set menus

Cons: Not vegan, Need to know Chinese

maybe i was just - Edit

I went there around 3pm on a Friday, hoping for some dim sum (the place is open all day-I double checked if they were open when I came in). They gave me a menu of 'a la carte' dishes which had English but had no mention of dim sum, which I was there for.

The locals at the table next to me were ordering dim sum off a separate paper menu which was unfortunately all in Chinese. I asked for some too, and was basically told 'no' and that I had to get it from the counter on the street!

The staff's English was very limited, which is fine, but their desire to help was even more so! I asked again and finally got given one steam-basket the same as what the other ladies were having, but they wouldn't give me anything else!

They weren't rude at all (neither was I), but I would definitely say 'extremely unhelpful'. The dumplings I did manage to get were lovely, but the 10% service charge they add on was definitely not earnt on this day!

Still I would be happy to go back and give it another chance...preferably during a busy time so there would be more tables with food I could surreptitiously point at! [edited by staff]

Treasure is located on the western side of Nathan Road, just south of Prince Edward Road. You will see the Hang Seng bank building and it is just next to (south) of that.
(Free hotel map grid square 6M I think)

Pros: vego dim sum rules...

Cons: ...if they'll give you any!

Delicious dim sum! - Edit

Steps lead from street level down to the basement level where the restaurant is. There may be a waitperson sitting on street level - especially on weekend mornings, from whom you can buy dim sum to take away from.
Decor is pleasant with a very friendly staff and manager who are all very willing to assist despite speaking no/negligable English. The menu is in English, however, if you are there for dim sum you will need to know the names of the dishes to order them or get up to choose plates as you want them, as there are no trolleys doing the rounds. Dim sum was delicious and covered many of the bases covered by its meat/seafood equipped counterpart. Some items a bit oily.
Great value for more than enough dim sum and tea for one - as I had due to it being so appetizing and which was noted by a waitperson - at around $100.
Would definately recommend this restaurant to groups including families, couples and singles.

Pros: Delcious food, very friendly staff

Cons: Some dim sum items a little oily

Fine eating in Prince Edward - Edit

Steet level entrance with counter selling dim-sum & mock meats. You walk downstairs to enter the restaurant in the basement of the building. Useful events / noticeboard. Well stocked "free" bookshelf. Family run. Super friendly owner & staff. Full menu in English. Wonderful soups. Inexpensive for what you get. Really cannot fault Treasure - I have been visiting there for many years sometimes with big groups of business friends - I have always been more than satisfied with the food / service / ambiance. 95% vegan menu - egg dishes clearly marked & the owner will advise you further / recome4nd dishes.. Prince Edward MTR Station C1

Pros: Great variety, Large portions, Full of locals

Cons: Access via steep stairs

Return to Kowloon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Treasure Vegetarian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2452 times since Aug 2007.