Tortilla Republic

Contact 808-742-8884

2829 Ala Kalanikaumaka Rd (at Kauai), Koloa, Hawaii, USA, 96756

Serves meat, vegan options available. This Mexican restaurant and bar from Los Angeles offers several marked vegetarian items, which could be modified to be vegan by omiting dairy/cheese. The tacos are flavorful. Open Mon-Fri 8:00am-9:00pm, Sat-Sun 9:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by Vegtravel4

great vegan options - Edit

The brussels sprout appetizers were amazing and the veggie tacos were very good. The margaritas were also very good. Highly recommend this place.

Pros: great service, understand vegan, delicious food

bland flavour - Edit

My wife and I came today for taco Tuesday. We both ordered the vegetarian tacos without cheese. We both found them to be completely flavourless and very dry. Easily the most tasteless food we ate on the island of Kauai. I would recommend going elsewhere.

Best vegan burrito on vacation - Edit

This place was exactly what we were looking for in Kauai. We ended up going here twice: once for happy hour and once for a light dinner. We live in LA, so when I heard there was an LA-based Mexican place with vegan options near our hotel, I was keen to try it. I'm glad that we did.

Happy hour prices are awesome; $5 for a margarita in Poipu is a steal. We paid almost three times that ($14) for a single margarita at our hotel. The service is pleasant enough and at dinner, you get free chips and salsa.

The real benefit of coming here in my opinion, however, was the delicious vegetarian burrito! We ordered it vegan (no cheese) and it was probably the most flavorful thing we had on the island. We found a lot of the vegan options in Kauai to taste a bit bland, and this was totally on-point for spices and zest, without being too spicy for my husband.

Tip: Ask for the housemade yellow hot sauce if you're a real spice fiend. That stuff is pure habanero gold.

Return to Koloa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tortilla Republic closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 377 times since Apr 2015.