Da Crack

808-742-9505

2827 Poipu Rd (at /on Kauai), Koloa, Hawaii, USA, 96756

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mexican food menu that also offers vegetarian burritos, burrito bowls, and tacos. Vegans need to specify (omit dairy and eggs). Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-8:00pm, Sun 11:00am-4:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Fast food, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by dbling

best Mexican on the island - Edit

Their menu clearly labels vegan options, and the food is good. I'd happily eat these tacos in California.

Genial! - Edit

...preiswert, lecker und gut gewürzt. Für uns der beste Mexikaner auf Kauai

Pros: gute vegane Optionen

tasty burrito! - Edit

Menu clearly marked on what is vegan. Very tasty burrito. Close to the beach - tastes best when eating at the beach!

Quick Mexican meal - Edit

Grabbed lunch here one day, not bad Mexican food. There's no tofu available, but I got a 'bowl' with rice, beans, cabbage, pico de gallo, and guac. If you order the veg bowl/burrito/taco they add guacamole without charging you extra (like they do for meat options). The menu clearly labels vegan options, and gluten free for anyone who is celiac. There's really nowhere to sit outside (it's basically a counter), but we took it back to our hotel and ate on our patio, they will cover in tin foil so it stays hot!

Good & relatively healthy fast food - Edit

This was tasty enough to be worth the $10 for a giant, shareable burrito. The ingredients were fresh and it drew a small crowd of nice people. Definitely not as good as Mexican food in California but a very reasonable quick meal in Kaloa. I hate to say it but I imagine the burritos with cheese or meat might be more interesting.

Pros: fast, affordable, fresh ingredients

Cons: bland, very few places to sit and eat, crowded parking lot

they can do vegan - Edit

A little pricey for what it was -- more than $30 for three of us. On the other hand it's nice to get a taco put together just the way you want here in Poipu. We had two burritos and a bowl. They steer you away from any non-vegan ingredients, one weird thing was that the tortillas were cold. Spanish rice had chicken stock but they let you know that. Very tasty and my term sons favorite when we come to town.

You may expect more from your tacos/burritos - Edit

This place is A-OK. My husband and I each got a veggie burrito about 30 minutes before Da Crack closed one night. We were staying at the Hyatt just down the street, although we drove instead of walked because it was dark and Poipu Road is not well lit.

We live in LA, so we have a ton of amazing Mexican food in our backyard. This just didn't really stand up to our usual expectations. I would say a good half of the veggie burrito was plain cabbage. They were also out of guacamole, which makes for a somewhat blah vegan burrito (we left off any cheese or sour cream to make this vegan). The bottom of the burrito was just plain flour tortilla. It was rolled kind of like someone who wasn't super familiar with rolling burritos. In LA, they roll them tight!

I did appreciate that they use vegetarian beans and they definitely are familiar with vegetarian/vegan requests. The guy who took our order was super nice, too. Overall I'd say this was fun to try because of the humorous name, and because it was a cheap option near our hotel. But the burrito we had at Tortilla Republic was way better than this place.

Pros: Vegetarian beans

Cons: Out of guac

Nice - Edit

It was a little hard to find but the burritos this place makes are good in a pinch!

I'm not the biggest fan of Mexican food but this place is good.

Pros: Good food, friendly staff, has options

Cons: Location

Affordable Vegan Options in Poipu! - Edit

This is a small window Mexican take out place in Poipu. I wish we found this place earlier. They have burritos, tacos, burrito bowls and salads. Each item can be customized to be vegan if desired with beans and no cheese/sour cream. Delicious, filling, and quick food with friendly service.

Healthy, fresh Mexican food - Edit

This place is awesome! There's not much in he poipu area for vegans or vegetarians that won't empty your wallet aside from this place. Pretty cheap and serves a very high quality product. They have vegan, fat free black or pinto beans, brown rice and fresh salsas and guacamole. My favorite is the burrito bowl with brown rice, black beans, greens, guac and pico degallo. Delicious!

Pros: affordable , they only use Hawaiian sea salt, very delicious and friendly

Cons: parking can be a nightmare, it's take out only but u can go to the beach and e, not open for breakfast.

Return to Koloa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Da Crack closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.