First Review by Dragonfruit.Princess

Vegan Thai food - Edit

I've been to the Green ROOM three times. I liked the green curry, pad thai, kong pao potato with orange, northern thai tofu, coconut milk tea, the raw oreo cake, and the tempeh.

The area in the restaurant close to the window is really nice with lots of sunlight during the day. Reservations are highly recommended.

There's also a bar in the basement.

Updated from previous review on 2017-07-24

Pros: nice food , good vibe

Cons: a bit pricy

FInally, Vegan Thai Food! - Edit

Since moving to Taipei, I've had a lot of difficulty finding vegan Thai food (at least, confirming that something does or does not have fish sauce has been an ambiguity which has led me astray) so - discovering the Green Room led to a lot of excitement and anticipation for my first Thai food in over a year.

Overall, the experience was wonderful. My partner and I went on a Friday night - didn't book a reservation, and it was pretty packed, but we got a small table very quickly.

The vibe is nice - it's a small, cozy place, perfect for a date night with your favorite vegan.

Service was speedy, attentive, and patient with our broken Mandarin. Menu was in English and Chinese.

The food was spot on! We ordered the green curry with rice, and pad thai - both of which were flavorful, and the right level of spicy for us. For dessert, we ordered the tiramisu (because what vegan can resist tiramisu?) and the sticky rice with fruit - both which we would highly recommend.

Considering the ingredients are locally sourced, and comparing it to other vegan restaurants in Taipei, the price is excellent. Their lunch special also sounds like a great deal, which I plan on checking out soon!

All and all, great experience!

Pros: Locally sourced ingredients, fresh, flavorful food, nice vibe

Return to Taipei Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Green Room closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.