Miss Green

Contact 02-27039026

106, Taipei City, Da’an District, Taipei, Taiwan,

Offers western style food made with fresh ingredients. Burgers, sandwiches, rolls, and salads. Mixed reports whether food is all vegan or mostly vegan. Previously in Wenchang St. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-9:30pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Organic, Western, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by bluesomeone

MIGHT BE THE WORST VEGAN EXPERIENCE EVER! - Edit

PLEASE AVOID AT ALL COST. DISGUSTINGLY BAD SERVICE.

I wanted to write that to get your attention because there's an 80% chance you will have a similar experience to me. You will travel all the way down, thinking its good food only to be utterly surprised by how horrible the service is. You will sit, sulk and realise you should have gone to another vegan restaurant. And you should.

We arrived in the afternoon. Upon arrival, we were ignored - which is cool. Maybe their empty restaurant was "busy". No worries, we sat down and were told NOTHING on the menu was available minus pancakes and drinks. Apparently even though we called, they had an event later and wanted no customers.

Cool.

Then they told us repeatedly that we had to GET OUT asap because they wanna prep the place. And we were made to feel terribly unwelcomed over and over again. "Leave at 5pm k" they kept telling us.

Finally, they tried to get rid of us by telling us to move downstairs when my girlfriend had a knee injury.

Wow!

We promptly granted them their wish and left.

Miss Green Taiwan, I hope you never get a chance to serve customers again.

Pros: TREATED LIKE SHIT BY STAFF MEMBERS, REMINDED REPEATEDLY TO FINISH FOOD ASAP, ASKED TO MOVE DOWNSTAIRS LIKE SEWER RATS

good! lots of options - Edit

The burger was good but the balsamic pesto sandwich needed salt or something. It was a weird mixture of flavours. Sweet potato fries were good and the risottos are wheat and gluten free. Cheaper menu options during lunch in weekdays.

Good food, cozy atmosphere - Edit

I was starving when I arrived to Taipei and this place satisfied all my cravings. I had the falafel burger with sweet potatoe fries and chocolate peanut butter smoothy. Staff are nice but not overly attentive. Prices are a bit high but good for an occasional treat. I would not hesitate to go again.

They improved! - Edit

Updated from previous review on Monday July 06, 2015

I have to update. I've been there again and I liked it. I love the pesto pasta, didn't like the hummus but it's just a personal taste matter, and the curry wrap was good: just curry food inside a tortilla but I think it's good. We'll see next time I go...maybe I'll switch to 5 stars... then they would have to be better than my own cooking, which is hard, lol. Keep improving, Miss Green, and good job.

Updated from previous review on Sunday October 25, 2015

Hello, I want to congratulate Miss Green for improving. They added new items on the menu, such as a delicious vegan cheese sandwich and soup. Their cakes are fresh now, all the meals are handmade and they are really trying to upgrade.

Zoe, the manager is very nice and accommodating, she speaks English.

The price is not cheap but now I understand that it's because vegetables are very expensive in Taiwan.

Keep up the good work!

Pros: the manager speaks English, ingredients are fresh, clean, English menu, novelty added

Cons: pricey, I want more variety, too cold from the air con

BEST WESTERN VEGAN FOOD - Edit

SERIOUSly THEY got the best pasta and burger, how come this place is not line up. if they open in HK or berlin theres def a cue 100%
great value of food, not expensive, local fresh ingredients from the market.

friendly staff and cool decor.

always makes me want to come back for more.

Pros: good value, best taste , delicious

Cons: non, non, non

Yummy food & cool interior design - Edit

My family went here today for dinner. We had curry, risotto (christmas special), miss green burger, pasta with tomato sauce and grilled vegetables, honeyme salad, banana shakes and berry shakes. We were all very happy with the food. Especially the burger and berry shakes and pasta. The banana-almond shakes were not sweet enough for our taste but still yummy and also filling. The burger was really good but a bit crumbly. We would definitely go back here even though not the entire family isn't vegan we were all able to find something :) The interior of the restaurant/cafe was very cozy with long wooden tables, low hanging lights and plants attached to the wall.

Best vegan burgers I've had on my travels so far and the salad with the beetroot dressing is huge and yummy! - Edit

Great place I'm so happy I found it. I just did a happy cow scan around my hostel and this came up. The staff are friendly and the restaurant has a lovely feel with some great magazines you can read while you wait for your order. The food is fresh from the farm and delicious a must try if your in Taipei!

Pros: right near the mrt

Reasonable Food but Expensive - Edit

After the great reviews I went out of my way to visit Miss Green and arrived with high expecations - too high. My burger was ok, with a healthy patty (refreshingly not fake meat, as another reviewer noted), but the burger was the smallest burger I've ever seen, and the mouthful of salad tasted like it had been sitting around a little too long. The fries were clearly made fresh and were probably the best part of the meal. My green drink tasted like it had come straight from a packet and been mixed with water; I certainly don't think anything went through a juicer, at least not in the restaurant. So for almost 400NT I left feeling not really full or satisfied, whereas that price would get a multi-course feast at other vegan restaurants in Taipei. My burger may have been better if I'd opted to pay extra for sauce (such as hummus) so I'd recommend that if you get the burger, but I don't think it should really be necessary. So if you're REALLY craving western food and don't mind paying that much it might be worth a visit, but I'm in no hurry to go back.

Pros: friendly and helpful staff, convenient location by MRT, healthy meal in nice ambience

Cons: tiny portions, very expensive for what it is

Homesick California? - Edit

Stopped in last night for a quick bite.
Greeted by the friendly owner, ms green, and her little dog (which later gave me the sad beggars eyes).
I ordered the avo wrap with the green juice as an add on. If I hadn't just come from California I may have appreciated this more. It was alright and came with a small side salad. Great dressing on the salad. I was happy to hear this place is now all vegan and not using honey anymore. Unfortunately I did notice they have a few products for sale, including honey. Hope they change their view on this.
Heard they have a lot more to offer and I'd like to return to try some other options.
It's a cozy little place with about 6-7 tables.

Pros: Cute Pace, Western Food

Delicious food, friendly staff - Edit

I and my wife have been a few times now and every visit has been great. It's quite a small place but that only adds to the feeling of being in a special place. It is special to me as the veggie burgers are really tasty and quite original for Taipei - basically not meat substitute, just good bean burgers but with toppings and dressings that enhance the flavour greatly. Add to this the tasty salads and the large sweet Potato fries and I'm totally sold. The menu isn't that large, but everything I've tried so far (veggie wraps too) are bursting with healthy flavours. They also sell some (quite expensive) English bottled cider, if you fancy it, so it does offer something quite different to the norm.

Pros: attentive friendly staff, original tastes, fresh tasting food

Cons: a little expensive

Near the 101 !! - Edit

Missgreen is an organic and fresh local restaurant. I'm so enjoyed thier fresh and delicious vegan meals! They served hamburgers, veg-rolls, sandwiches, pasta and handmade dessert. ALL VEGAN.

Pros: nice food, Friendly staff

Cons: use honey (Almost vegan)

Return to Taipei Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Miss Green closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.