Rose's Bakery

• Bakery
Contact n/a

71 Paleologou (at Evgeniou Voulgareos), Corfu, Greece,

Vegetarian bakery featuring an assortment of pastries that use no eggs or dairy (although they do use honey). Also makes cheese and spinach pies. Sell a range of mainly sweet pastries, though there is savory stuff too. Some of the range is vegan (confirm). The owner, Rosy Soussis, speaks good English and understands what vegan means. Confirmed open as of April 2012.

First Review by Petesternz

Mixed feelings - Edit

The owner is sweet and caring and the selection of vegan delicacies is crazy. Everything is extremely tasty but I don't know if it is just me but as a vegan I'm not a huge fan of anything that is too sweet or oily and I found everything a little overpowering. Prices are not displayed and it is easy to go overboard and spend a little fortune in this place.

Pros: A ton of Vegan options, The owner is really nice and speak perfectly engli

Cons: Pretty expensive, Do not expect to eat anything but heavy stuff

Vegan Delights - Edit

This place is simply amazing and very unique.
Rosie is a very warm and friendly person and so kind-hearted.
The prices are actually not bad at all considering what you get. Tons of vegan options that we don't even get in Athens. We actually thought the stuff would be twice as expensive.

Pros: Many options, Friendly staff, Good value for money

Sweet tooth heaven! - Edit

A lovely little place, where you can count on finding delicious treats (also vegan & gluten-free), great vibes and even a hug! The owner, Rose, will win your heart even before her insanely sweet and decadent traditional pastries make you feel like you're in a sweet tooth heaven. And when you have enough of sweets (as if that's possible!) you can try her yummy savoury pies with feta cheese, spinach or vegetables. Definitely a place to go in Corfu! Ewa & Piotr

Delicious baklava!! - Edit

Rosy is a super nice woman and introduced us very well to all her sweets. We were really pleased to accidentally bump into her bakery and finding vegan baklava! So much variety and we literally felt like being in vegan food heaven! It is a bit more pricey than "normal" baklava, but well I guess we vegans are used to it.. haha but definitely worth the money ;-)

Pros: friendly owner, wide variety, delicious

Cons: bit more pricey

Fantastic Sweets - Edit

This is a fantastic little place if you have a sweet toothm albeit a bit pricey. There are actually two of these Rose's Bakery locations, one is run by Rose and the other by her daughter as far as I could understand. She clearly knows what vegans eat and she talks you through all her vegan options. We had a least 7 different kinds of treats (bit too eager right?) and they were all luscious! Try the katayifi, the nougat squares and the marzipan!

Must visit! Absolute aanrader - Edit

she is so enthousiastic, but the food is amazing. Both vegan and non-vegans loved this place.. She tries so hard to make you feel special, amazing and a must see if you ask me! Shop a little bit difficult to find, look out for the bord on the corner of the street!

Fantastische en enthousiaste vrouw, fantastische gebakjes. Iedereen genoot ervan, vegan en non-vegan. Misschien iets te enthousiast voor een nuchtere hollander, maar ik raad het iedereen aan!

Pros: amazing assortiment , tastes amazing , enthousiastic woman

Cons: Hard to find, maybe a little too enthousiastic, expensive, but worthed!

mwah - Edit

of course it's really nice to bump into a vegan treat in a place where it is quite hard to find but although the place has many vegan/vegetarian options it leaves me with disappointment. The owner is too eager in my opinion, it gives me the creeps. Besides that its ridiculous to pay 4.50 for a coffee.
2 coffee, 2 pies and a baclava for 19 euros! doesn't want me to come back...

Cons: expensive

Lovely savoury and sweet vegan treats - Edit

I came across this bakery by accident whilst wandering the beautiful streets of Corfu Town. I saw a sign stating vegetarian bakery with vegan baklava. This led me to Rosie's fantastic bakery. Rosie has really good knowledge of vegan produce and confirmed to me which pastries were suitable and which were not. A vast majority are, as are the cookies. I picked up a mix of sweet mini pastries, about ten, and a slice of spinach pie, a really generous helping, for 18 euro. The sweet pastries were all different flavours and were all certainly sweet, best eaten with a drink as Rosie herself recommends. A wonderful find as Corfu has been quite tricky whilst being vegan.

Pros: excellent selection , Rosie's knowledge , location

Cons: no eat in space, takeaway only

Unbelievable pastries!!!! - Edit

This place was an incredible find on our recent visit to Corfu. If you are a honey-eating vegan (I know, I know, a contradiction to many...) Rose's bakery has some of the best pastries you will ever eat. It is a very small little place (there are actually two outlets), but one table is devoted entirely to egg and dairy free treats. The chocolate pastry is divine. Warning: these are not cheap, but they are worth the price. Do not pass up this place! The streets are tough to find, but in Corfu Old town look for the signs advertising egg and dairy free baking!!!

Pros: TASTE!!! YUMMMMM

Cons: Expensive

Return to Corfu Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rose's Bakery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2227 times since Oct 2008.