Noorish Conscious Eatery and Superfood Elixir Bar

Contact 780-756-6880

8440 109 St, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, T6G 1E2

Cafe, retail, teaching kitchen, yoga and meditation. Noor meaning 'divine light' in Arabic. Offers vegan food, fusion plates, sandwiches salads, raw food, chocolates and sweets, juices. All vegan except for honey. Tue-Thu 11:00am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Raw, Western, Juice bar, Asian, Fusion, Canadian

First Review by c0okie

Great Food, Nice Atmosphere - Edit

Noorish is a beautiful restaurant with good food. I have been twice on two different trips to Edmonton, and was not disappointed. The atmosphere has a new age, upscale feel. Their menu includes some raw dishes, bowls, and comfort food. The first time I had a tasty coconut soup with noodles, tofu and veggies that was very good; the second time I had the mac and cheese- the truffle oil and fried sage fancied it up a bit, but it would have been nice to have had something else with it, like tofu or a veggie side.
The elixir/tonics look good but they are expensive and have a ton of ingredients. I'm not sure I buy into the idea of potions with a ton of herbal shots, superfood extracts, etc, that will increase your libido, provide energy, evoke presence, and so forth, but I have had a hot matcha drink with some additives like spirulina and hemp oil, that was quite tasty. The coconut whipped cream is delicious.
I will definitely make it a point to go to Noorish any time I am in Edmonton. My only complaint is both times it took a long time to get my food, and even longer to get my elixir, even though they were not very busy.

Pros: Good food, Nice atmposhere

Cons: Long wait time for food/drink

The best! Utterly unique palate in Edmonton - Edit

Noorish is one of the best things in Edmonton. It's sophisticated, classy and the food is delicious. Run by a brother and sister team, this conscious eatery is at the very heart of Edmonton's holistic, yoga and mindful living scene. Whenever I go there I see people I know. Whenever people come visit from out of town I want to take them there. Their elixirs are incredibly good. Their menu, which keeps growing and changing, is always incredible and they're profoundly open to customer feedback - always working to make things a bit better. Downstairs is their yoga studio and upstairs they also have an incredible array of books, tinctures and supplements available. Words can't express how much I love this place and how important it is to Edmonton.

My Favourite Place in Edmonton! - Edit

Iv been to all the vegetarian places in Edmonton and in my opinion Noorish is simply the highest quality vegetarian and vegan food you can get. The only fully organic restaurant that I know of in Alberta. They even have their own farm in Beaumont, so it doesn't get any fresher! Not only is their food healthy and delicious, they have yoga on site, and some amazing live music! Really looking forward to their new winter menu.

Pros: Organic, Farm Fresh, Atmosphere

Cons: Limited Parking, Closed on Mondays

delicious. not cheap - Edit

We had a delicious meal here last night - a great burger and a Buddha bowl. Both flavourful and healthy looking. Really enjoyed by green superfood drink. Nice atmosphere - sit outside if you can. Servers Re very knowledgable of the food and their health benefits.

Pros: raw and vegan food , flavourful food, knowledge waitstaff

Cons: service is slow, quite expensive for Edmonton

Not worth the price - Edit

Not fully vegan and very expensive. Small-ish portions. Definitely delicious but not my first choice. a lot of
fad/trendy foods/drinks (if you like Dr. Oz this is the restaurant for you). The raw pizza was great I just wish it was cheaper.

Cons: Not vegan, Expensive

This is a Vegan Restaurant! The Best Desserts - Edit

This listing is wrong. This restaurant is vegan. A couple of their desserts (lemon cheesecake, bees knees, and hempress) contain honey, but they don't use any other animal products in their dishes! I love this restaurant. Very unique dishes (especially desserts). I don't know what desserts will give you more nutritional value. I also don't know what other restaurant in Edmonton uses more superfoods.

Pros: Lots of Superfoods, Nutritious, Delicious Desserts, Almost All Vegan

Cons: Some Products Use Honey, Expensive, Only 1 Location

Good food, bit pricey - Edit

I have been to Noorish many times, and been through many changed menus, so its hard to report on the food overall. Lets start with: i like it. I have had many nice meals there. But I have also had a few underwhelming ones, and all the meals share one thing in common - a high cost. I love their Mac n cheese, and pad thai, but I have also had boring sandwiches, droopy Dahl, and drinks gone awry. Worth a visit, to be sure, but I wish there was greater consistency. Some times, even the same dish varies...

Nice :) - Edit

I come here every few months since they've opened, the food is great, but so far the service is always lacking.

I always end up waiting for a long time for water/food/beverages, anything really, they cannot seem to get anything out in a timely manner even when the restaurant is almost empty, I know their elixirs can take a long time to create but when you only have 2 tables and one already has their drinks it should not take over 20 minutes.

However, since the food and elixirs are so good I always find myself coming back. Try the rose cacao kiss for an elixir and I highly recommend the Bodhi Tree burger or the pad thai with vegan chikn' added !

Pros: Great food, Great Elixirs, Great Location

Cons: Slow Service

Absolutely love this place - Edit

Edmonton is a tough place to find vegan food. Noorish cafe exceeded my expectations. A staff who went above and beyond to take care of me. They were closed for an event for dinner and I happened to be dropped off by my cab just a few moment before they were officially closed. They allowed me to order take out...I must have seemed desperate! Fresh, high quality food, great ambiance and great staff. Enjoyed the quinoa salad, Buddha bowl and the Jing Treasure. Buddha bowl had the perfect amount of spice and made with fresh ingredients. Jing Treasure was worth every penny. Absolutely made my night!

Pros: Great staff, Loads of options, Love the Elixirs

Cons: A bit pricey

great place - Edit

I've been a few times and have had great food each time. I look forward to going and trying something new each time. Service is so-so, but lately that is to be expected anywhere! Good food, comfortable atmosphere,reasonable prices.

Pros: great food, healthy options

Cons: parking, small

The Best! - Edit

This place is a real treat and Its hard to find anything bad about it. Everything is organic, they even have organic beer. A lot of the items are the typical fat foods that regular people love except replicated in a completely healthy vegan way.
Mac n Cheese, Pizza, Onion Rings, Burgers except their all good for you! Nothing deep fried I think... Amazing flavour and they even have a little shop in the store for super food ingredients and books. They have cooking classes and yoga lessons also. I did have a weird experience there once when I was sitting at the bar the hippy who served me was a real weirdo when I was making an order
he looked into my eyes for a bizarrely long time as if trying to see my soul or something stupid. Very very strange and uncomfortable experience. I'll never forget it but the food was amazing!

Pros: Delicious, Tranquil Atmosphere, Live Music (Sometimes)

Cons: Expensive, Small Portions, Weirdo Bartender.

Best Food Ever - Edit

This is by far my favourite restaurant. Very healthy raw vegan food that is worth the price. The desserts are to die for. I will definately go there again when I happen to be in Edmonton again.

Pros: Healthy raw vegan food, Great service, Excellent ambience

Delicious food but a little pricey - Edit

I have ate at this restaurant a few times, and the food is delicious. The veggie burger is probably the best veggie burger I have ever had, but it is priced at $18. The nachos are so good and great for sharing. They are made in living hemp crackers and quite filling. The restaurant is small in size and the tables are placed really close together. On Friday night, they have live music which is a nice touch. If you go, you have to try the iced dandelion latte... Yummy

Pros: Delicious food

Cons: Pricey, Small restaurant

Soo good, but sooooo expensive - Edit

My husband took me here as a treat for my birthday. The food was insane how good it was. I just wish it didn't cost so much. I would love to go back more often but our pocketbook just can't afford it. The atmosphere was different and chill but I wasn't super stoked on many of other patrons attitudes towards us. We had our child with us who was quiet and good the entire time and we don't look like yoga fanatics so we got some pretty crappy stares. Not the restaraunts fault though.

Pros: Super healthy, Great food, Neat creations

Cons: Very pricey, Gets pretty busy, Not very non-yoga patron friendly

High Quality, Delicious Food - Edit

Noorish's menu is essentially all vegan (they have the options of dairy, but the default is always vegan) and all delicious. I would recommend the bodhi tree burger, the kale salad, and the quinoa salad, but everything is awesome.

Pros: delicious, healthy, unique

Cons: cost

An afternoon at Noorish - Edit

I have been to Noorish twice. The first time I sat at the window in the front. The staff were friendly and accommodating of my food allergies but the food took a very long time to come with apologies each time of how long it was taking. Also the owner happened to be having a meeting with someone beside me and the conversation was not really appropriate for the guests, topics were not for customers to be listening to. This ruined the atmosphere for me, but the food was great!

Second time I was there was for an event downstairs, so I didn't eat there. But I did have an elixir and it was heavenly!

I liked how willing to accommodate my food allergies they were and I loved the decor and area in the back to look at products to purchase. The food left me feeling fulfilled, although it was a bit on the pricey side. I loved the food, but I am still not sure about the atmosphere of the restaurant but will definitely give it another try.

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, friendly

Cons: expensive

Unparalleled! - Edit

Noorish is simply amazing. The menu is mainly raw vegan, so newcomers to the raw vegan world may be caught off guard at first - but once you try it, you'll be instantly won over.
The nachos are very interesting. A small portion of pressed hemp chips, covered with raw veggies & "chili cheese", and a side of very tasty "sour cream", "re-fried beans", and salsa, makes this dish delicious and super nutritious - not to mention extremely filling!
Everything I've tried to date is packed with extremely satisfying flavor and nutrients.
The atmosphere is very much as you would expect for a raw vegan restaurant. There's a natural and calm vibe as soon as you enter the restaurant. The tables and chairs are solid wood, with some cushioned seating for a larger group intending to lounge. There's a wonderful dessert case, full of tasty superfood treats. And in the back, there's a section to purchase books, supplements, and handmade jewelery. It's absolutely one of my favourite places to relax and enjoy great food. The price is fairly reasonable, considering the amount of energy & ingredients put into creating these dishes.
The elixirs leave you feeling refreshed every time. A must try for anyone - from raw vegans to meatatarians. They are just that good!

Pros: Amazing Food, Unique Menu, Great atmosphere

Cons: Very busy at times, Seating could be uncomfortable for some, Parking is a challenge at times

Return to Edmonton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Noorish Conscious Eatery and Superfood Elixir Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5448 times since Jan 2012.