Moose Coffee

+44-1612287994

20 York St, Manchester, England, M2 3BB

Serves meat, vegan options available. An American style breakfast/brunch coffee shop with two vegan dishes on the menu, 'Lula Puebla' smashed avocado on sourdough with salsa verde chilli flakes & grilled tomatoes and 'Morning on Melrose' sourdough sandwich with hummus, spinach leaves, avocado, tomato & artichoke hearts. Side order of potato hash is vegan and they are also happy to cook with oil instead of butter for sides like garlic spinach. Soya milk is available at additional cost. Open Mon-Fri 8:00am-5:00pm, Sat 9:00am-6:00pm, Sun 9:00am-4:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Non-veg

First Review by Veganolive1

limited options - Edit

Only 2 vegan options nice looking avocado on sourdough toast and a humous sandwich. So not really worth coming unless you really want either of these options! I wanted a soy hot chocolate but the chocolate powder had dairy in it :(

Cons: limited options , staff a bit slow to take the order

Vegan Breakfast/Brunch Is Fabulous - Edit

Moose Coffee Manchester has a sister venue in Liverpool, which when I visited in January was packed, with a long wait, so I never managed to eat there.   Moose Coffee Manchester has plenty outside seating, but on a very cold Friday morning, I luckily managed to get a seat inside, the place was buzzing, with a queue forming outside, whilst I was there.

The clearly labelled avocado with chilli flakes and coriander on sourdough, with grilled tomatoes, was one of the best renditions I have had the pleasure to eat, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I made a second visit two weeks later and was pleased to find that Moose Coffee are consistent with their food, so many places cannot maintain their standards.   I again ordered the avocado on sourdough and feeling rather hungry, asked our waitress if the potato hash and garlic spinach was vegan too.   She went to ask chef, who confirmed the hash was, but the spinach was cooked in butter, but they were happy to cook it in oil for me. The potato hash with the avocado dish was a perfect set me up for the day. I will have to return to try their vegan sandwich, hope they introduce more vegan options.

Updated from previous review on 2017-03-14

Pros: Vegan options, Vegan labelling, Helpful staff as to vegan options

Return to Manchester Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Moose Coffee closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.