Mint Indian Bistro

Contact 702-894-9334

730 E Flamingo Rd (at Swenson St), Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, 89119

Serves meat, vegan options available. Veg food include the lumbini vege sampler (vegan). Daily lunch specials includes all-you-can-eat organic salad bar, desserts, a bowl of vegan Nepalese lentil soup complimentary with any main entree. Open Mon-Sun 10.30am-late.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Nepalese, Tibetan, Non-veg

First Review by mrsgarcia

Shockingly vegan-friendly - Edit

Sometimes "vegan-friendly" restaurants are so designated because they have one or two items that they can modify to make vegan.

Not Mint Bistro. This is one of the most genuinely vegan-friendly non-vegetarian restaurants I've ever been to.

I went here in 2014 almost by accident, without knowing about the vegan offerings, because it seemed like an Indian place might be able to figure something out. But the menu was enormous and was replete with clear, explicit indications about dietary restrictions, including vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, and several others.

And there were not just a tiny handful of dishes satisfying the dietary restrictions; there were dozens of them. And most of them were *not* modified versions of other dishes!

I ended up eating here twice and both dinners were excellent. I only got to try a small fraction of the vegan dishes they offer.

They also offer some extremely (and some exceptionally) spicy dishes (including vegetarian and vegan items). At the high end the waiters will try hard to talk you out of ordering them, maintaining that the most extreme spice levels on the menu aren't worth it: that even chili pepper fanatics won't be able to finish the dishes.

I also appreciated that this restaurant takes the customers' spice preferences seriously, from "quite mild" to "so hot that you really, genuinely will have physical difficulty eating it", and anywhere in between. This is a good restaurant for folks who regret not being able to get food as spicy as they want it elsewhere.

Pros: genuinely vegan-friendly, huge menu, broad range of spice levels

One of my favorite Indian restaurants in the USA - Edit

This is a must visit for anyone that loves Indian and Nepalese food. They have a very large menu, with vegan, Gluten Free, and other dietary needs clearly marked. The restaurant is clean and comfortable and the food is very tasty. The prices are very reasonable.

Authentic Tasting - Edit

Great range of authentic tasting veggie Indian food. All the dishes are clearly labeled. Lots of gluten free / vegan options if that's your bag. A few meat dishes for your omnivorous friends - but majority is veggie.

Pros: Delicious , Drinks, Buffet

Cons: Distance From Strip

Thank God for Mint Indian Bistro!!!!! - Edit

So what's a vegan to do in Las Vegas after 9pm ? This is it! This is the place =) So fear no more those vegans who are lost in Las Vegas ~ Come to Mint Indian Bistro =)

Honestly, I actually wanted to try the Veggie Delight place but by the time everybody got up and moving it was already 9:15pm. So, we drove over here and were thrilled to see Vegan all over the menu. They understood the word vegan and were very familiar with it.

And it was absolutely delicious! The owner Chris was very cool too. He even came out to check in on how our meal was. I loved the Veggie Momos and the bindhi masala and of course the spinach with chick peas! All delicious. This place is open till 10:30pm too.

What more can I say? I was just so grateful not to have to have another tostada salad at the burrito shop again.

Pros: booths, warm setting, late hours

Outstanding - Edit

The vegetable simosas and onion barges were amazing to start. The vegetable Biryani was really good. My partner was blown away by the Chicken Tikka Masala with the subtleties of the flavours. The service was faultless. Had a really good bottle of wine. They also had a great selection of beers. Indian is our favourite UK meal. The best Indian Meal ever.

Pros: Excellent food, friendly staff, healthy cuisine

Great vegan options on lunch buffet - Edit

Mint Bistro is the only Indian in town that automatically offers vegan options on their lunch buffet - and these are very tasty! So you don't even have to ask for vegan choices here. The food is fresh and the service is attentive. I am also intrigued by their offering of South Indian favorites like idli and dosa - you don't find these often and they are yummy!

Pros: great buffet, North and South Indian

Great vegan choice near UNLV - Edit

My daughter just started at UNLV and I found this place on restaurant.com and had a gift certificate, so we decided to check it out. Many vegan choices and all very tasty. We got a variety of dishes in the half size portion, which allowed us to taste without breaking the bank. I would go again, there is no Indian food where I live, so it was a treat!

Pros: Great Food, Location, Lots of choices

Great Vegan - Edit

During a recent Vegas visit, my wife and I were in search of food on the way back to our hotel and remembered Mint as coming up on Happy Cow. Being so close to the strip is very convenient and we stopped in for take away so we could eat later in the evening.

The owner/manager was over the top in being helpful and guiding us to all things vegan on the menu. He was completely sensitive to our concern for pure vegan and assured us purity in what he would have his kitchen prepare.

After we settled on a take away feast, we were offered something to drink while we waited and were greeted by several staff members who made sure of our comfort.

The short ride to the hotel was a challenge as the aroma of the food filled the car and we wanted so badly to dig in on the way. Once we were ready to eat back at the hotel, we set everything out in the kitchen of our suite and started in on a sumptuous buffet that lasted all night.

Vegan travellers are often faced with many challenges but to find reliable sources for future reference and visits is golden. Kudos to Mint for great hospitality and fantastic food.

Good, Fresh Food - Edit

My husband and I were a bit worried since this restaurant is not in the best neighborhood but were pleasantly surprised by the food. It seemed freshly made. They were willing to change a recipe to accommodate my onion allergy. I would recommend it for authentic Indian food.

Pros: fresh, friendly staff

Cons: not good neighborhood

got food to go - Edit

My husband and I received bad service. We had questions about the menu and they where not answered. The waiter dropped my beer so it fizzed over instead of getting me a new one he took it away and brought it back in a cup. It took a long time for the food to arrive. Our daughter was getting fussy and the waiter and hostess just glared at us and so I went to the car and asked my husband to get the food to go.

Great Place For A Date...Order The Mild. - Edit

The food here is incredible. Vegan dishes are clearly marked and the staff is knowledgeable. Yes, it's moderately expensive, but worth every penny.

Rare beer selection. Don't expect to order a Budweiser. Do note that the Belgium and other imported beers have a much higher alcohol content than domestic beers. I had forgotten this until a couple beers into the meal. Whoa!

Pros: Delicious, Relaxing Ambiance, Friendly

Cons: Pricey

Great food, great service - Edit

I didn't really expect to find a massive selection of vegan food in Vegas, but I was wrong. This restaurant is a little bit off the main strip (about a 20 min walk or 10 min cab ride) but is well worth the trip. There's an extensive menu for vegans and vegetarians serving a wide selection of South East Asian food, but the thing that impressed us most was that everything was really clearly marked on the menu (halal, kosher, vegan, nuts) and the waiters were very knowledgeable and helpful. There was even a marked 'gluten free beer' on the menu. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere. The food was very tasty (but be careful to specify 'mild' if you're not into really spicy food). We spent a lot of money in this place, but we felt it was worth it.

Pros: big selection, knowledgeable staff, clearly marked menu

Cons: expensive

DELISH!! - Edit

my girlfriend and i were in vegas for our anniversary and we both love indian food (shes not vegan) so i found mint on happy cow. thelassi bar is what really attracted me.

loation was great. not too far from the strip and a lot nicer inside than the strip mall it sits in. i really appreciated that the menu listed if each item was vegan or not.

i started off with the alcoholic mango lassi- i was super excited to finally try lassi- i didnt know i could even get it vegan- and it was delish!!!

we ordered the lumbini vege (vegan sampler)which we both loved loved loved. the kakro salad (cucumber) was perfectly spicy and really fresh. the chana saag was one of the top 2 saags ive ever had. the coconut mango sorbet was to die for!!! i wouldve ordered more of it if i wasnt so full!

we split that and because my partner is a meat eater she ordered the chicken kabobs which was enough meat for her for two meals. she said the veggies it came with were amazing and i have to admit they looked really really good! she also had the naan stuffed with cilantro and onions (oh how i wished it was vegan!)

it was probably the second best indian/nepalase place weve been to and when we go back to vegas well be making a stop there!!!

Pros: excellent food, variety of vegan options, good portions

Cons: service slow

Yummy sampler and beers - Edit

While visiting Vegas last weekend, we had lunch here. They were in the midst of remodeling, but they were very friendly. After indicating that we were vegan, they noted that the naan on the menu was incorrectly labeled as vegan friendly and suggested the stuffed paratha instead. It was excellent as was the vegan sampler we tried. The momos and soup were especially yummy. They also have an excellent beer selection as noted in the prior review. All kinds, but definitely not mainstream - right up our alley! We had a great lunch and plan to try them again next time we are in town.

Pros: excellent beers, yummy vegan items, easy parking

Cons: not all vegan

Sonja and Dirk UPDATE 05/2010: We went back over Memorial Day weekend now that it's called Mint. The remodeling is done and it's very nice with mint colored walls, espresso colored furniture and tasteful wall art. We went for the lunch buffet and saw lots of Indians already there, so we figured it would be good! We weren't disappointed. The meat items were separated at the end of the buffet, so they were easy to avoid. Almost all the veggie items were vegan too and everything had clear labels of what it was and whether it was vegan. We were served the vegan roti (instead of naan) and chatted with the owner(?) who was very nice and also a vegetarian himself. He asked how we knew about the place and of course, we said Happy Cow!

Delicious & friendly staff - Edit

The Himalayan cuisine presented in this restaurant reminds me of a cross between Indian, Thai and Chinese cuisine. The food here is great, with many vegetarian and vegan options. This is a great place to take people who like other Asian cuisines but you are trying to get to like Indian. Also have a large wine and Asian beer selections.

trip for the palate - Edit

yesss! i loved this place. one of the most unique and authentic restaurants in Vegas, it sucks that they are not all vegetarian, but the owner is vegetarian, i guess he wants to have more choices especially in this dining climate. the decor is warm and welcoming, and the dining room is really cozy. not to mention white table cloth! that is always a neat touch. the staff is friendly and informative, they guide you through the menu and do suggesting. and then comes the food! rich, flavorful, complex and intense! i have one suggestion - KWATI SOUP! out of this world, and i would rarely get fascinated by a soup, but this was amazing, full of spices, smokey and loong finish. we did the vegan tasting simpler and it was great, lots of variety and amazing flavors. they also have a great beer selection from across the globe, well priced and great accompaniment for the food. i give props to any place that don't serve MGD and all the usual, i grantee you there is a beer for every taste and they will help you find it! i don't think the place is pricey! there are many components that actually make is even cheap but they have to smooth a few things out. great experience! a must visit in Vegas!

Pros: awesome food!, beer selection, friendly staff

Cons: mmm, non!, decor

!Greaat Dinner !!! :} - Edit

I was really impressed with the food. I found out that they make everything fresh from scratch. I was even able to make my own dish. I was so full I had to take some to to my room. It's not to far from the strip and worth the price and trip. The owner greeted us and told us about the food. He is a vegetarin and has the food made as he would for himself.

Pros: great food, healthy , staff helpful

Cons: Worth the price

decent taste - exorbitant pricing - Edit

very good flavored curries and decent butter naans. couple of negative issues only. one is relatively slow services and the second is that the pricing is greedy and excessive.

Pros: tasty

Cons: pricey

It was way too expensive - Edit

Well I read the reviews and it seemed great, so my husband and I decided to try it. The resturant was nice, we ordered the naan ( which by the way is 3.00 dollars )and some curry. Sont get me worng the food was pretty good, but when we got the check it was 60.00 dollars! For the price its a huge rip off. And the portions are very small. The food was not worth it . I say you would have a better chance picking up a cook book and trying to make it yourself...it would be a ton cheaper too.

Peaceful, organic and delicious - Edit

We were worried about finding good vegan cuisine in Vegas, but this place was really wonderful! Once you enter the peaceful location, you forget about the hubub outside. The food is largely organic, and the menu tells you what's vegan. The staff is very helpful and friendly, and most important the food is really delicious! We were so happy to discover this place!

Pros: Fabulous food, organic and vegan friendly, very friendly staff

Loved it! - Edit

The food's great. Vegan options are clearly marked and there are plenty of them. The beer menu is incredible. Quite the selection.

Pros: good food, good beer, good service

Cons: they serve meat, strip mall atmosphere

good just pricey - Edit

I liked this restaurant, the service was great and the food selections are mostly vegetarian with many vegan options which are highlighted right on the menu. Everything was great until we got our check. It was 75 dollars for my husband and I! Definitely worth it when you want an expensive night out on the town

Pros: great location, vegan options, great service

Cons: very expensive

Return to Las Vegas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mint Indian Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5106 times since May 2008.