First Review by jennyc32

Greatness - Edit

I was there with four omni relatives, no less, and everyone of us enjoyed our food big time. No complaints at all! They really seem to know what vegan means, which is always a plus.

My first time eating Korean food - delicious! - Edit

We went this week whilst traveling at Prague to eat at Mamy with a big group of 11 people and had a table reservation for us, which was not really necessary since there was plenty of room downstairs anyway!

They had alot of vegetarian / vegan options on the menu as well as meat dishes. It was not specified on the menu which ones of the vegetarian dishes were also vegan, but they spoke English very well so we could just ask. Very friendly staff and great food, would definitely go again and taste more stuff!

Pros: Plenty of options, Friendly staff, A lot of seats

Cons: Vegan dishes not specified on the menu

Delicious Korean food! - Edit

The menu doesn't mark the vegan options, so I contacted Mamy via their Facebook page to check if they had any. They told me that the following dishes are vegan: 2, 3, 10, 11, 215, 216, 218, 219, 230, 231, 251, 252, 253 (from the starter/sushi sections), 29, 31, 33, 42, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 (from the Korean food/tofu sections). We booked a table, and found that it was very busy inside - it's a very popular place, and rightly so. It has a really nice atmosphere, the staff were extremely friendly, and the food was delicious! It's a bit pricey for Prague, but the portions are huge so it works out about right.

We tried the vegetable duk bok gi, which was lovely: some crispy dumplings, battered sweet potato slices and some vegetables and boiled rice cylinders in a spicy sauce. The sauce was very spicy, but everything was good! We also had the bibim mandu (more of those little dumplings, with a huge spicy salad in the middle), and the vegetable kimbab, which was especially refreshing amidst the spiciness of the other dishes! We got the leftovers to takeaway, and they have free tap water, which is definitely necessary. I'm looking forward to going back and trying some of the tofu!

Only one negative: some of the meat dishes are brought out sizzling or appear to be heated up on the table of the diners. When this happened, the whole room smelled of frying meat, which is not my favourite thing. You'll just be at the mercy of other diners and what they order!

Pros: Very friendly, helpful service, Delicious food, Big portions

Return to Prague Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mamy closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.