Main Squeeze

• Other Other
Contact 310-399-9914

2727 Main St Unit B, Santa Monica, California, USA, 90405

Little fresh juice and smoothies bar, opened Apr 2012. Has a refrigerated case with grab-n-go beverages and prepared food (salads, raw burger) as well as a small shelf stocking packaged snacks and energy bars. Soup in winter. Free Wi-Fi. Mon-Sun 7:30am-8:30pm

First Review by Chia

Summer squeezes - Edit

Stopped in here today and got a Summertime Green which is made with green apple, cucumber, kale, celery, pear, lime, and mint. It was very satisfying and a nice mix for a hot day. It's listed with "Ginger boost optional" and while it may go well with that, I was discouraged to hear there's an additional charge for it, especially since the 16oz drink is already $6.50. They have numerous boosts you can add in, which by far exceed other juice place choices I've seen. Seems to be all about the up-sell. If you aren't concerned about the cost, this could be a great daily stop if you're in the area.Unlike the previous reviewer, when I stopped in all the food was vegetarian, and when I asked they said they never have anything non-veg.I'll need to return and see if things changed since it was some months ago when i was there.

Pros: Great mixes, Nice space

Cons: extra costs

Mediocre acai - Edit

The tradition continues with our less than stellar acai bowls in Santa Monica. We've only ever had that here, and for $12 each ($2 less than our favorite and massive Basik Cafe bowls in SF and $2 MORE than our other loves of Paradise Bowls in Manhattan Beach), these are not a deal or super tasty. I'd say everyone likes to claim acai bowls are healthy, and theirs truly feels it, but maybe not in the best way.

The bowl comes with a light purple acai, much less sweet than other acai we've had. It's well-blended to have more of a sorbet texture though (so not liquid-y or frozen solid, which is good). It's topped with granola, coconut and frozen blueberries. No honey and no fresh fruit. I don't get why it's so hard to chop some fresh fruit for some of these places. The fresh fruit makes a massive difference, and also doesn't leave you feeling quite as freezing after you finish the bowl. The fruit is one of our favorite parts of other bowls, when mixed with the acai. The coconut here was rather bland and very small flakes, as if they were at the end of a container of a low-quality coconut. The granola is fine, nothing to write home about, but it works. The bowl is what I'd call small-to-medium sized. It serves better as a snack, because as a breakfast by itself, you'll need more food in a few hours, unlike Basik or Paradise Bowls.

Service is fine, not too friendly but fine enough. There are a few stools to sit on, but beware, it gets loud with the blenders constantly going.

Best smoothies in LA!! - Edit

You pay a premium, but the ingredient quality is worth every penny. All organic with just about every superfood imaginable. Trust me when I say these are the best smoothies you'll ever have in your life!!

Pros: organic, tasty, friendly staff

Good range of juices and snacks - Edit

This place had just opened up this month, April 2012, on a busy section of Main Street alongside other shops and restaurants. Here's my Main Squeeze review.

It's a little juice bar with several counter seating inside. I stopped in to grab a juice and ended getting some other food stuff as well: a ready made raw falafel burger from the refrigerated case, and a couple packaged kale chips.

It's not all veg as I saw a turkey sandwich in the grab-n-go fridge alongside some salads. A staff told me that the owner also owns the coffee shop behind One Life health food shop and Joe's Diner (also on Main Street).

Return to Santa Monica Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Main Squeeze closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 706 times since Apr 2012.