First Review by Chia

Nice family friendly market - Edit

Was happy to hear the animals are gone from here. Just live music and a couple vegan and vegetarian food vendors in addition to some moderately high priced produce.

Pros: vegan falafel, raw food

Best farmers market I've ever been too... - Edit

So my bf and I accidentally found this farmers market when we were on our way to the beach, and what a find it was. I've never been to a farmers market quite like this one, there were several stands occupied by veggie restaurants, many stands with really good fruit, and live music to top it off. I must say, I'm quite envious because none of the farmers markets in my city ever have one veggie place. If you're near the beach or Main Street, check it out. If you can't find parking near the farmers market, there's free parking by the ocean, just tell them you're going to the farmers market.

one of the best - Edit

I come from a place with a famous farmers' market so I know one when I see one. This one is terrific. Lots of fresh fruits and veggies, most grown without pesticides, and several food stands. We tried two vegan tamales (spinach and artichoke plus green corn) from the Gourmet Tamale stand. Very fresh masa, good flavor, friendly service. We also picked up a wide variety of fruits and veggies that can travel because we were on our way home.

Pros: attractive, centrally located, wide variety of fresh produce

Cons: not many vegan food options in stands

Fresh Produce, Food, Entertainment - Edit

Decent size market in the Main Street shopping area of Santa Monica. Vendors selling fresh farm produce, flowers, baked goods, lunch food, and usually live music. A family friendly environment. Lots of parents and toddlers.

Return to Santa Monica Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Farmer's Market - Main St closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 810 times since May 2008.