Kitchen Mouse

• ( 20 reviews )

5904 N Figueroa St (at Highland Park), Los Angeles, California, USA, 90042

Vegetarian cafe in Highland Park, est. 2014. Offers a concise menu of modern vegetarian and vegan food like tempeh reuben, avocado blt sandwich, quinoa salad and add-ons like veggie sausage. Baked goods are vegan and gluten-free. Open Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:00pm, Sat-Sun 7:00am-4:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, American, Delivery, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by earthville

tonyakay

Points +1784

Raw
18 May 2021

Awkward but prob great in the future!

I like this funky spot! It was awkward during the pandemic or maybe we just had a hiccup day but it was hard to order with a food allergy (clerk didn’t know the ingredients and I got something I couldn’t eat). The kitchen tried to fix it but I honestly ended up getting dry kale with pan fried rice and avo for $13 and that def wasn’t a $13 salad:( I hope as the world opens up they have a smoother time with everything. Wish I had known they can’t accommodate my allergy (onions) before ordering.

Updated from previous review on 2021-05-18

key95

Points +16

16 May 2021

Not worth it

Guy at register disregarded a food allergy in our group instead of checking with the kitchen, forgot to ring up some of our food so we never got it, and made several unwarranted comments about how he was “having a really bad day” which is understandable but definitely made it an unpleasant experience for us. The food itself was subpar at best

teabell

Points +154

24 Mar 2021

Fantastic food

Such tasty, home cooked feeling! Fantastic food and very vegan friendly!!

toastandjammies

Points +923

03 Nov 2020

Worth it.

Kitchen Mouse is pricey, but so worth it, especially for a great vegan breakfast. My favorites are the chilaquiles (with tofu scramble) and the snickerdoodle pancakes. Everything I’ve gotten here has been such a treat.

4theanimalsJC

Points +62

29 Aug 2020

Stellar menu

Innovative dishes, best pancakes in LA, a menu for everyone

Pros: Mostly vegan / vegan optional , Cool & quirky vibe , Community oriented

The Gay Vegans

Points +245

06 Aug 2020

Our favorite breakfast place

Coffee is always fresh and delish, staff is always super friendly and kind, and their breakfast options are multiple. Plus have they so many choices for muffins!

I have been getting the breakfast sandwich for several years. It's my go-to and no need to change. It's a full plate of food for sure. With that Mike and I usually share a snickerdoodle pancake. Yep, you read that right!

Check them out. It may become one of your regular spots.

Pros: Awesome staff, A lot of vegan breakfast options, Good coffee

piffelina

Points +3510

28 Mar 2020

Okay, but long wait for food

My visit was a while back, and what I had wasn't particularly memorable. I was disappointed, because a friend had been raving about Kitchen Mouse for ages, and my food was bland.

Would be willing to try again, and hopefully I would discover I just picked the wrong item/day.

SaraAzzam

Points +58

02 Feb 2020

Lots of vegan options

All bakery products are vegan as well as many items on the menu.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Great service, Creative dishes

Veggieroni

Points +127

29 Jan 2020

Nice!

Great place. Order at counter get a number. It was pretty busy and noisy. Service took a while. Food is great.

austinac

Points +344

31 Aug 2019

Amazing

This place has charm, creativity in its offerings, and a welcoming environment. LOVE

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Creative menu, Everything was good

ladawnwarren

Points +50

22 Jul 2019

Good healthy food

Delicious!! Had the chillaquilles with tofu
And buckwheat pancakes bake goods are
Good!

Pros: Great vegan menu , Good brunch , Open early

Cons: Close early

PolyglotGirlie

Points +42

30 Mar 2019

Delicious food!

This restaurant was super busy the day that my mom and I went, but the food was so amazing! I ordered the moros cakes and my mom got the pancakes. Both were delicious and vegan. The only non vegan thing that they use on the menu are eggs, but they never bake with them. They have so many vegan options! Be preprepared to wait, but the food is awesome. Highly suggest this place.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Delicious food

Cons: Can be crowded

RachelVictoria

Points +42

18 Jun 2018

Best vegan brunch

I go to Kitchen Mouse at least once a week. Their vegan options are all amazing. At this point I’ve eaten a little of everything. If you’re looking for savory try the breakfast tacos with tofu (best vegan breakfast tacos I’ve ever had) it you’re looking for sweet their snickerdoodle pancakes are amazing. All of the food tastes fresh, looks beautiful, and is incredible. I can’t recommend this place enough. They are almost 100% vegan - they do serve eggs, but any egg dish can be made completely vegan. Also, because they serve eggs it makes it easier for non veg people to be excited about it too!

Pros: LOTS of delicious vegan options, Great Highland Park location

soccermomjill

Points +112

01 Jun 2018

Love Kitchen Mouse!!!

I had the chilaquiles with tofu scramble. So good!!!!

Pros: All vegan menu with vegetarian options available , Delicious food, Vegan Fresh baked goods

missesrain

Points +30

Vegetarian
05 Sep 2017

occasionally good

Beware they only serve a small amount of the menu on weekends- the full menu is not available

Pros: Delicious mushroom tacos

Cons: menu not as advertised, overpriced

billierod

Points +149

05 Jul 2017

Amazing

Absolutely loved everything about this place. Came here for brunch. Great vegan options for days. Sweet tooth friendly too.

DrewRoss

Points +74

26 Mar 2017

KMN - Kitchen Mouse, Now!

Don't kill me yet. I've yet to go back for the vegan chillaquillles at Kitchen Mouse!

Rode over the stadium hill to try this joint and was very happy I did. Wasn't inside much because this merciful market of magic has an outstanding patio with efficient and friendly service. Ate the open-faced tempeh reuben here and placed it squarely in the top ten list of Tempeh Reuben's I have loved to eat the most. Hoping this place stays open forever, great food and may the kitchen mouse muse your mouth as she did mine!

Pros: Patio seating for pets and claustrophobes., Cute location/restaurant, Busy enough for brunch to be fresh, but not packed

ArtVB

Points +332

01 Aug 2016

Delicious vegan lunch

Very nice eatery for breakfast and lunch in up and coming Highland Park. The enchiladas and vegan pancakes that I had were delicious. They also serve an outstanding macro bowl.

ssappington

Points +43

Vegetarian
21 Jan 2016

Delicious food and warm atmosphere

Four of us went to the Kitchen Mouse for lunch. We ordered at the counter and they brought the food to our cafe-style table. We ordered 4 different dishes (Pesto Bowl, Tempeh Ruben, Mikey's Chilaquiles and the Avocado sandwich). We all thoroughly enjoyed our food. The staff was friendly and helpful. We will be back!

earthville

Points +6335

14 Aug 2014

Good vegan pancakes

We were in the neighborhood so we stopped by for brunch/lunch.

I had delicious, gluten-free vegan pancakes made with corn, buckwheat, and oats, served with berries and maple syrup. My companion had the tempeh reuben, which he enjoyed.

The menu seems to be almost vegan, except that they also serve eggs. I'd feel more comfortable eating here if there were no eggs, but at least they aren't into dairy.

Service was friendly and relaxed yet attentive.

Street parking was refreshingly easy.

Pros: Great vegan GF pancakes, Friendly service

Cons: Serves eggs

Return to Los Angeles Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kitchen Mouse closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.