First Review by registerednut

Great flavours, but have had mixed experiences - Edit

I used to love Keo's! As vegans, my partner and I enjoyed their curries, pad thai and coconut soup quite often. However, we began to find meat in our food on a semi-regular basis (enough to scare us off for quite some time!). I've recently been back twice, both times with a meat-free meal. Perhaps they've taken the issue to heart and have made some changes! The manager is a very kind lady who truly cares about her business, so I imagine these mistakes were frustrating for her.

Pros: Tasty food , Good portions , Kind manager

Cons: Have found meat in food , Some servers were flippant about issues

Often find meat in the Vegan options - Edit

I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to vegans or vegetarians. I cannot count how many times I have found meat in my "vegan" food at Keo's. I figure they cook everything together with the meat, and do not clean the pans between dishes. If you are looking for pure vegan food in Saskatoon try Odd Couple.

Pros: Good tasting food

Cons: Meat accidentally found in food, Expensive, Poor service

vegan, vegetarian options on large portion of menu - Edit

I personally like the Keo's on broadway better than the second location on 2nd ave. This restaurant can make almost anything on their menu vegan at your request. Not only do they omit non-vegan ingredients, they usually have some sort of improvisation to replace it with. Many people recommend the masaman curry... I find it much too sweet, especially with the coconut rice. My favourites are the red curry with tofu, green curry with tofu, steamed rice, pad thai, garlic and crushed black pepper stir fry with tofu (ask for extra black pepper), black bean and holy basil stiry fry with tofu and the lotus flower cookies at the cash register. I have yet to try the two veg soup options (tom yum and tom kha kai). I'm sure they're delicious. This restaurant is a bit fancy but you could get away with going casual there. The location on 2nd ave does have a nice yellow curry with tofu that is not on the menu at the broadway location. Can be noisy when it's busy as it's one big area with no secluded areas. They also do not accept reservations on saturday nights last I checked.

Pros: excellent food, lots of veg options, friendly staff

Cons: noisy, busy

Return to Saskatoon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Keo's Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.