Flying Star - Central Ave SE

505-255-6633

3416 Central Ave SE, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA, 87106

Serves meat, vegan options available. Regional chain run by people who support locavores and understand that people have varying dietary needs. Vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free and other alternatives are clearly marked on menu. The moove over meat veggie burgers are custom made for them. Try the buddha bowl. Open Mon 7:00am-9:30pm, Tue-Thu 7:00am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 7:00am-11:00pm, Sun 7:00am-9:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, International, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by nc71087n

Great vegan options - Edit

My husband and I really enjoyed this place. Since it was our first stop in Albuquerque, it definitely started us off with a great impression of this city. As soon as we walked in we were greeted by a very nice and helpful employee. She explained the drinks that I had never heard of (i.e. Pink or red drink), what was vegan friendly, and how the rewards system worked (I joined while we were driving there). We placed our order at the counter and then headed to our table. Within seconds, another very nice employee came over and swiftly cleaned our table for us. He continued to check on us, clearing old dishes, bringing us to go containers, etc. Our food arrived about 15 minutes later. We had the vegan chocolate cake, a pot of chai tea, and a burrito with added avocado and both red and green sauce. Omg, everything was just so delicious!! The vibe inside was great too! Art from local artists hung inside, they have gender neutral bathrooms, and I could tell from all the people in there with laptops that it was a great place to hang out and do work. We plan to frequent this place a lot while we are in ABQ!

Pros: friendly staff, nice vibe, large portions

Cons: Could use more vegan options

Pretty Good - Edit

All the Flying Star locations are pretty consistent, in my experience. There are a couple of vegan options (not a ton), but the staff is always knowledgeable about what vegan means and what options we have, so that helps a lot. I'm fond of their giant breakfast burritos, making a few modifications to "veganize" it. They have good coffee too, with almond and soy milk options.

They do have a vegan chocolate cake, but I wasn't very impressed. A giant dessert bar, and just ONE vegan option? And the cake was okay, but not any more than okay.

Also, you can hang out as long as you want, so it's a nice place to study and eat/drink.

Flying Star is expensive for what it is, but they try to source locally and I think that has an impact.

Pros: Awesome burritos, Fast service, Knowledgeable waitstaff

Cons: Not that many vegan options, Too expensive for what it is, Sad dessert section

vegan cake! - Edit

They have vegan cake and it is delicious! Very chocolatey. Hit the spot.

Great food! - Edit

The food here was amazing. The menu was clearly labeled with vegan and gluten free options, and many substitutions were available for things that weren't vegetarian. I got the stuffed veggie sub which was on a pretzel roll and it was delicious. Would definitely recommend this place!!

Pros: lots of vegan and vegetarian options

Return to Albuquerque Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Flying Star - Central Ave SE closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.