La Montanita Co-op - Nob Hill

• Health Store
Contact 505-265-4631

3500 Central Ave SE (at Nob Hill), Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA, 87106

Cooperative market providing selections in deli food, fresh produce, vitamins, supplements, bulk staples, chilled and frozen food, personal care products, natural products, and more.

First Review by Jo Zee

Nob Hill Gem - Edit

The Co-Op is a great grocery option in the Nob Hill area. Tons of vegan convenience foods, good produce, and a good bulk section. The only real issue with this place is that the parking is a hassle. The lot is small and shared with a number of businesses.

Pros: Vegan options

Cons: Parking

Happy Little Store = Happy Shopper - Edit

Went during my lunch hour...luckily someone ws pulling put of a parking space...or I don't know where I would have parked as I'm not familiar with this area of town.

As I went around the store I was excited to see that there were VEGAN options throughout the store-even at the deli area-which is not something I am used to at other places and it was a pleasant surprise.

I will go back, I'm just not sure where to park if the lot is full (its small-and shares with other businesses).

Pros: VEGAN ITEMS EVERYWHERE, Staff is friendly/helpful, A register by the deli

Cons: Parking lot is small

Deli is Solid - Edit

I was visiting Burque in June and found myself eating lunch at the Coop everyday. There was always something fresh and veg/vegan friendly in the deli. I'm a sucker for a decent vegan Tempeh "chicken" Salad. I am also a former employee so my opinion could be biased.
Updated from previous review on Friday September 10, 2010

Pros: Sunny New Mexico, Co-op Vibe, Support Community Farmers

Nice Little Co-op - Edit

I really love the idea behind the whole co-op. However I am not very impressed with the high prices of the co-op. I feel like prices should be a lot more affordable. I'd probably be more of a regular shopper there if that was the case.

Pros: Organic, Close to home, Vegetarian Options

Cons: Expensive

La Montanita Co-op - Edit

I shop in Nob Hill because I live near that area. There aren't any health food stores/restaurants in Siesta Hills where I live unfortunately, I wish there were. Anyway, I am a member of the La Montanita. They sell organic and local produce. The food they sell is great. They sell raw things too which is nice and I can buy white spelt flour from them which I do regularly. I recommend this store to anyone who likes to eat healthy.

Pros: great produce, some raw offerings, very nice staff

Cons: expensive, needs to expand

Return to Albuquerque Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Montanita Co-op - Nob Hill closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1398 times since Aug 2007.