Falafel

• ( 69 reviews )

Dulagina Cikma 2, bascarsija, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Middle-eastern food (falafel, hummus, salads) in Old Town Sarajevo. Many dishes are vegan. Yogurt/milk products used in some dishes. No eggs. Open Mon-Sat 8:00am-11:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern

First Review by Pummell

jamppujamppu

Points +158

15 Nov 2021

A must for falafel lovers

I had wonderful set of falafel with salad, tabulah and mutabel. Very tasty and high quality meal for a good price. Location is awesome and the staff very friendly. Highly recommended if you’re craving for falafel

Pros: Nice vegan options, Authentic tastes, Good locationn

danijelp

Points +15

Mostly Veg
11 Sep 2021

Just great

Just wonderful. Fresh orange juice, hummus dish and great ambient in the old town.

Pros: Almost all vegan restaurant

Sasky

Points +100

06 Sep 2021

Great food in the centre of the old town

I have been here three times during my stay in Sarajevo and it was amazing every time😄the staff is very friendly and helpful with finding the vegan options and there are many of those (e.g. eggplant, falafel, hummus, tabulah). We tried almost everything on the menu and it was all of great quality. I can recommend going here especially for vegetarians and vegans in Sarajevo!

Pros: Many vegan options, Friendly staff, Great prices

aukai808

Points +24

02 Sep 2021

Great falafel

And everything else. Well done and hit the spot.

NonstopDan

Points +1198

27 Aug 2021

Nice mezze

Not the best mezze ever, but most dishes were tasty and the location is excellent.

sexycow

Points +72

19 Aug 2021

Awesome food and the sweetest staff

We came here twice while our visit in Sarajevo. Both times it was just delicious. My boyfriend said it was the best hummus he had in a long time and I also loved it. Furthermore the staff was really friendly and helpful :)

Pros: Almost everything is vegan, Yummy food , Affordable

Maaax

Points +33

09 Aug 2021

Good food

It's hard to find vegetarian friendly restaurants in sarajevo. This is a very good one and perfectly located.

LoloPalomo

Points +625

01 Aug 2021

Delicious bread!

Very friendly and good food! My secret star of the meal was the delicious bread!

meatismurder666

Points +73

29 Jul 2021

A1 place

Very friendly staff, delicious food, chill atmosphere, loved it! Would definitely recommend

Walterwide

Points +1347

05 Jul 2021

Delicious Falafel

Amazing place, delicious food, super friendly staff in the heart of Sarajevo. I will definitely come back. Hummus and falafel are so good.

UnaMJ

Points +166

02 Nov 2020

good for the bosnian vegan

got their box of 10 falafel pieces when we went for ćevapi (bosnian meat dish). ordered plain somun (bread) and filled it with my falafel instead of meat. pretty good falafel, not exceptional but definitely yummy and filling !

DaniraDiYaŠabić

Points +45

17 Jun 2020

Best falafel in town!!!

Love this place, we go at least once a week!

toso

Points +146

08 Mar 2020

The best falafel

Falafel is one of the best I ever eat

Pros: Lots of vegan options

Jessi-Lynn

Points +36

29 Jan 2020

Pleasant Surprise!

Very welcome staff, we were happily surprised to find this gem on our journey through Bosnia! It was very delicious and I'd definitely go back.

Noukz

Points +45

09 Dec 2019

Proper falafel and humus!

The place is neat and the staff is nice. They make one of the best falafels I ever had! Humus I really good too as is their bread. Considering the tourist location, I'd say the price is quite reasonable. As for vegan food, just make sure you confirm with the waiter, as some dishes come with yoghurt and milk.

Pros: Amazing falafel, Fresh bread, Great humus

SamBissett

Points +103

22 Nov 2019

Nice falafel wrap

One of the only fully veg places in Sarajevo. I had a nice Falafel wrap with chips and tabouleh.

SamAnthony

Points +1543

10 Oct 2019

Yummy falafel!

Nice falafel place with both indoor/outdoor seating. Delicious falafel platters with a massive portion for a great price. Bread that's as soft as a pillow. Really friendly staff. Highly recommend!

Btw, the reviewer below me said that this is the only veg place in Sarajevo, which isn't true. Zdravo is a fully vegan restaurant in Sarajevo, just not in the old town.

Pros: Delicious falafel, Friendly staff

NadaDurmic

Points +39

24 Sep 2019

Excellent

This is the only proper vegetarian restaurant in the city, unfortunantely.
It is the only place in town that has only vegetarian and vegan options (no meat or fish!!!)
The meals are perfect, portions are nice and it is not expensive.

Pros: Excellent food, Nice location, Friendly staff

Cons: Not too many options

InêsCosta

Points +30

23 Sep 2019

Nice in not so vegan friendly Sarajevo

Cheap, fast and delicious!

Hodzic_fam

Points +1159

17 Sep 2019

Fantastic

This restaurant experience was very amazing! The falafel is the best I had. They are made fresh to order. The owner has a very positive attitude and loves this restaurant. He treats his employees with great respect and it shows. All the waiters and waitresses are happy and eager to help.

I bought the falafel wrap which was delicious. The falafel was made fresh in front of me. The Food takes a few minutes as everything is fresh.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Fresh food, Happy staff

Cons: More expensive than other options

1.618

Points +244

17 Aug 2019

Cheap and tasty food

Located in the city center. Offering really cheap food.
I always come here when I’m in SA.

Pros: Cheap, Location, Tasty food

Cons: Limited seating area, Crowded at evenings

Yael88

Points +25

Mostly Veg
06 Jul 2019

A must for vegetarians and people who want to eat healthy but delicious

We went to Falafel three times and tried their mezze, the fatush salad, the moutabal (egg plant cream), the falafels of course and also their chickpeas salad and tabouleh.
Well everything was delicious and we ate good. Whai else is there to say ?
We are really happy every time we can find a nice place to eat like this, with friendly waitresses and impeccable food.

Keep on doing what you do cause you doin it good !

Pros: Tabouleh to die for, amazing moutabal, love the location in Old Sarajevo

Cons: Did not see any

janavegana

Points +30

30 Jun 2019

More or less

Achei que vem pouca comida pelo valor. A chamada “salada” de berinjela é na verdade um prato com 5 fatias de berinjela e um potinho pequeno cheio de pimentão, e só. A porção de couve flor frita também é bem pequena, e sem tempero algum. Ao menos o falafel é saboroso.

Pros: Lots of vegan options

Cons: Expensive, Few food for the value

thechickpeas

Points +377

08 Jun 2019

Good place for lunch!

The deep fried cauliflower and zucchini dishes were amazing!!

Had a falafel sandwich as well, which was good. Prices are more than reasonable. Definitely recommend coming here for vegans!

MrGreen97

Points +62

16 May 2019

Nice place

Pretty good falafel but the hummus had no taste.

Pros: Good prices

Cons: Hummus

MarijaSrdic

Points +60

22 Apr 2019

Wonderful place in center of Башчаршия

I came in the rush and I got served very fast and brought food even quicker. Everything is vegan and workers can explain every part of the meal to you, they know the business very well.
Overall I was happy with my full belly and even brought one more sandwich for the go.

All the recommendations if you are visiting Sarajevo and want quality vegan launch :)

Pros: City center, Good prices, Healthy and yummy food

Cons: Need deserts on the menu

spin1611

Points +13

04 Apr 2019

Incredibly nice fresh food

The falafel was good, fresh made and delicious. The side dishes sick as mutabal and humus too. The owner is very nice and glad to assist you with any thing.....I would keep coming back if I lived here....

Pros: Most on the menu is vegan

Return to Sarajevo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Falafel closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.