First Review by Jetgirly

Nice old vegg restaurant - Edit

This is a buffet that I haven't tried in a long long time, but you can find lots of vegan products here, from vegan patties to "Nutella" and yogurt...

Pros: Nice portions, They sale many different vegan products

Tasty mouthful buffet - Edit

This is a very nice place to have lunch at.
Since it is a buffet you really can spend a lot of time with friends in a nice environment that resembles a garden.
Ceviche is probably the best option, and you should save space for desserts!

Pros: The food is tasty., Home made bread and healthy products

Cons: It opens quite late for lunch., There are areas that could be too warm

Bitter Dissapointment: - Edit

First off, the Buffet only had (like) 7 options, including a rather poor salad of Iceberg greens. To my disapointment most of the stuff was fried, there were no descriptions as to what was what. The only drinks available were water and alphalfa juice, and the whole experience on a whole was a bit disappointing.

Pros: Soy meats were available, Clean Facilities, Ambiance

Cons: Too many things were fried, The varitety was poor, Need different salad greens

A Vegetarian Haven in Meat-Crazy GDL - Edit

I've been living in GDL for two months. This is a city of birria (goat stew) and torta ahogadas (pork sandwiches covered in spicy sauce). El Jardin is a refreshing escape from the city's meaty fare. The buffet is all-you-can-eat, with a good selection of salads as well as some hot dishes. I served myself a salad of mixed lettuces, red cabbage, shredded carrot and sprouts, topped with olive oil, vinegar and spiced seeds. On my second turn at the buffet I went for the warm food: lentil soup and a nutty rice pilaf that I topped with some of their fake meat products. The stand-out dish that I had with both courses was their soy ceviche, which is lime-marinated soy granules mixed with tomato and cilantro. It's best served on top of tostadas. For dessert, there were cookies and rice pudding. The only drinks I saw were Santorini water on tap and coffee to go with dessert. There are signs posted around the buffet promising that all the food is washed and disinfected, which is important here. The price was about 75 pesos ($7.50 US/CAD) and well worth it. My body thanked me for the healthy meal!

Pros: It's hard to find vegetarian in GDL., Fresh salads., Peaceful atmosphere.

Cons: Needs more hot dishes without fake meat., Could use some healthier salad dressing., The live musician was HORRIBLE!

Return to Guadalajara Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has El Jardin Buffet Nutricional Vegetariano closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2986 times since Aug 2007.