Lacto
Western
Juice bar
Fusion
Non-veg

Serves fish, vegan options available. Cafe with seating behind the surf shop. Has vegetarian and vegan food. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-10:00pm.

Venue map for Drifter Surf Shop & Cafe
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by jonnymarshall5

Orion

Points +1415

20 Sep 2023

Cool spot

Cool surf shop, has some cool stuff, food and coffee both great

OanaValeriaSerban

Points +326

08 Jul 2023

Super nice vibe

The vegan options are good, plus the ice cream is delicious

Pros: Delicious vegan ice cream

MichelleFriedrich

Points +151

Vegetarian
05 May 2023

Very cute and yummy restaurant

The location was super cute.
Staff was very friendly.
I had a avocado bread with scrambled tofu and a green smoothie and would absolutely recommend

pedmxado13

Points +52

28 Apr 2023

Love it!

Great ambiance and food!

danieljamesfisher

Points +187

25 Jan 2023

Relaxing atmosphere and nice food

The vibe in the cafe was relaxing and the food was great. I had the burrito and it was very tasty.

DaliaDavis

Points +23

08 Aug 2022

Nice laid back surf vibe. Vegan options labeled with choices in all areas.

There is a vegan icon by the menu items yo make ordering easy. There is a gluten-free icon too.

Pros: Comfy beach atmosphere., Yummy food.

Cons: Tummy too small to try everything I wanted to.

Points +318

20 Jun 2022

Empfehlung!!

Super entspannte Atmosphäre, Musik und Räucherstäbchen. Im Hinterhof vom Shop zu finden, mit einer super großen Auswahl an veganen Optionen - alles klar gelabelt und super lecker!
Es gibt von Salaten, bis Hauptgerichte und einer mega Auswahl an Nachtisch mit Kuchen, Cookies, RAW Bars etc. echt alles was das vegane Herz begehrt!!
Personal ist super freundlich und stellt direkt nach Ankunft auch schon ein gratis Wasser bereit.
Preise sind schon etwas höher für Bali, aber noch im Rahmen - dafür bekommt man hier Qualität die schmeckt.

23 Jun 2022

24 Jun 2022

Oh ja Bali ist echt mega!! Als Veganer gleich noch mit dazu😁nur Pflanzenmilch kennen einige nicht ist mir aufgefallen

24 Jun 2022

tatsächlich? Ich habe eigentlich überall Pflanzenmilch, vorallem Kokos, bekommen ☺️

24 Jun 2022

Kokos ist hier auch weit verbreitet😁👌
Wenn ich bei den Happy Cow Cafés schaue und bei denen, die hipper aussehen, dann auf jeden Fall! Nur wenn ich einfach spontan irgendwo einen Kaffee holen will war es bei mir manchmal schon schwieriger - holen dann alle die Vollfett Milch Variante und fragen ob ich die möchte🤭

25 Jun 2022

Jokoko

Points +247

20 Jun 2022

Hip place with chill vibe

Some clearly marked vegan options, tasty.
Has got a big inner court which is more quiet.

Pros: Relaxed surfer vibes

Cons: Small portions, Extra service fee

KadiHarmon

Points +6152

15 Jun 2022

Super cool place!

I’m so glad I stumbled upon Drifter on my way to the Uluwatu temple! The fresh spring rolls were amazing and I’m sort of a connoisseur when it comes to those.. also really loved my salad and iced chai! Got a couple of the date balls for later. Loved the space and the store. I’d definitely eat here again.

Updated from previous review on 2022-06-15

zuzanna.zagorska

Points +472

13 Jul 2021

excellent food

I’ve had a variety of evening meals as well as breakfasts (smoothie bowls), coffee and cakes. Always very tasty, friendly service and nice location

Pros: Tap water, Fresh, delicious food

JodieLouise

Points +302

20 Jun 2020

Amazing menu and chill vibee

Omg you have to try their chai and carrot cake....

Pros: So many options, Quality food and drinks

jamicar

Points +301

30 Mar 2020

So many options, friendly staff

We ate here three or four times during our stay in Uluwatu. There's a huge variety of vegan options on the menu, all really tasty. We had the vegan nachos a couple of times, but you can't really go wrong here. Friendly staff too.

Pros: Lots of options, Tasty food

Cons: Bit pricey

VGN0711

Points +60

01 Jan 2020

Good food & coffee

We had a delicious dinner here. Ordered the Vegan Burrito Supreme & the Tom Yum soup which is not labeled as vegan on the menu but they can make it vegan.
Beside that we’ve ordered two coped brew coffees which were very good.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Nice Location, Friendly staff

Cons: Bit expensive

emzie1983

Points +678

12 Nov 2019

tasty healthy options

Good selection of food, with clearly marked vegan options. Lots of salad bowls, sandwiches etc. Really nice chips n dips!
Nice cafe with surf shop. Good cake/dessert options!
On the more expensive side, but I guess standard for that sort of food in Bali!

Pros: Healthy food, Lots of vegan options

Cons: Quite pricey

AndreasM

Points +1046

05 Sep 2019

Good place for breakfast

Hip surf cafe behind a shop with enough vegetarian and vegan options.

GabrielEng

Points +619

10 Jan 2019

Ok food, awesome smoothies

The food here is pretty nice. If you're a fan of smoothie bowls, don't eat it here. It's basically just liquid with a bit of fruit. Not filling at all. The smoothies however, are excellent.

danzlarkin

Points +89

22 Nov 2018

Delightful

Our food was great; we had a balinese coconut curry.

Very delightful service and staff.

Pros: Amazing service, Fragrant food

veganjesus

Points +32

21 Oct 2018

And the Lord said let there be 3/5 stars.

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Oh, and try the vegan burrito. It was delicious.

Pros: A few interesting vegan dishes. , Neat surf shop attached to cafe. , Amazing coffee.

Cons: Staff were super nice, but service was mediocre. , A bit pricey.

Noda

Points +611

06 Oct 2018

Great

Really cool concept with the café at the back of a surf shop. Really good chill vibe and they deliver on the food. Great staff and amazing food. Loved it

lilveganli

Points +32

22 Aug 2018

delicious food

Delicious vegan options. Cool vibes in the garden area.
Rather expensive regarding the Portion sizes.

gabbybat

Points +183

22 Aug 2018

Adaptive, yum food

Staff were happy to adapt things to be vegan. The pancake and smoothie bowl was yum. Coffee was pretty good.

MNymph

Points +19

07 Jul 2018

Best evening spent in Denpasar!

A beautiful and cozy garden, nothing more or less! The portions are really big and the food is so good. There was live music as well and the staff was very friendly. I’d come here every day if I lived here.

Pros: Big portions, Delicious, Cheap

Cons: Not a lot of vegan choices

Npczski

Points +89

04 Jul 2018

Healthy choices and some local too

I am traveling with a few good sensitivities (wheat and corn) and Drifter’s gave me tons of options AND lengthy descriptions on the menu. The wait staff was super helpful with my questions as well. We landed on Nasi Campur (favorite in all of Indo so far!), the tuna burger, green bowls juice, and coconut milk latte.

Pros: Lots of options

mjon

Points +75

22 Jun 2018

Lovely place

Beautiful garden/patio in the back of the store! Nice and quiet. Great food and excellent service. Perfect place to read a book and relax with delicious food (enough vegan options)!

Pros: Enough vegan options, clearly marked, Excellent service, Great location

meislnicoline

Points +939

17 Apr 2018

boss ruined the atmosphere

Went here for dinner with friends and we thought the food tasted really good and the staff as very nice and attentive. The place looks really nice. They only had one out of two vegan dinner options.
What we didn’t like was that the boss was sitting/eating at the table behind as and yelling at the staff about what they were doing wrong and making them hurry even though they were already working fast enough. It really ruined the atmosphere and made us feel bad about asking the staff questions because we didn’t want the staff to get in trouble.

Pros: good tastes, friendly staff

Cons: boss yelling at staff in front of quests, expensive! , small portion sizes

neets88

Points +144

20 Jan 2018

cool place/shop, decent food

Incredible food! The vegan burrito is really special - the best vegan burrito I've ever had. The green smoothie bowl is also tasty, but doesn't come close to the burrito. The ice coffee with their house made coconut milk is also pretty nice. The staff are great, the store decor is amazing and the shop itself stocks cool stuff - especially Drifter's own tees (stuff is pricy here though!)

I came back for my third breakfast and ordered the black rice pudding which said there was banana in it which turned out to be 3 slices... and when I asked for more I was charged for it which felt unfair as the description sounded misleading. The staff were nice enough to take it off though :)

Pros: food, staff, ambience

Cons: pricey (but this is western food in Bukit)

jonnymarshall5

Points +310

20 Jan 2018

generally good with tasty vegan options

Nice place. Nice staff. The vegan burrito was delicious. The coffee was pretty poor but I've come to expect that in Bali.

The main thing bringing this place down was one incident where my girlfriend ordered the banana black rice pudding, which arrived with only 3 small segments of banana. We politely asked if we could get more banana, which they brought, but then tried to charge us for it. To be fair they removed this charge when we complained but it seemed pretty cheeky to us to first of all put banana on the menu for an item which arrives with less than 1/4 of a banana. And then subsequently try to charge 10K for more banana.