CLOSED: Crepe Des Amis

• Veg-friendly

Contact 604-528-8925

105-810 Quayside Dr, New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada, V3M 6B9

Serves meat, vegan options available. You choose the ingredients to create a crepe. No longer serving vegan crepes, only vegetarian, Feb 2015. Please let HappyCow know if veg-options are good enough to continue to list this business. SHUT JUN 2015 PER OWNER.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Western, Non-veg

First Review by MrsBalfour

Mmm..vegan crepes - Edit

I'm more of a savoury person while my fiancé is more of a sweets person, so my first expirience was by myself trying one of their many savoury vegan crepes. Really fantastic and filling; fresh veggies and melted daiya cheese wrapped in a fluffy warm and delicious crepe.

I also really loved the mango tofulatti float.

The sweet crepes did not dissapoint. They weren't too sweet(which has been my problem with sweet crepes in the past)and just as filling. I had the Yvonne while my man had the Charlotte and tasted eachothers. So good! They do put icing sugar on top so if you don't want that you could obviously request that they do not. The coffee was pretty good too.

It's also worth noting that the people there are SUPER friendly and helpful and when you order vegan crepes they'll ask if you know about the fantastic vegan store Karmavore cloe by which is just so very sweet and wonderful.

The Quay in New West is sure getting to be a go to place for vegans what with this place and the newly opened Wild Rice which I will try next time I'm there.

Pros: friendly, helpful, great prices for great portions

Cons: icing sugar on sweet crepes

the only vegan crepes in metro vancouver??! - Edit

The friendliest woman helped us place our orders. The selection was extensive - hard to choose! I had the authentic Malaysian savoury crepe and was not disappointed (though I could've eaten two)! My friend had a basic crepe with spinach, daiya, tomatoes and mushrooms. We were both really satisfied with our orders. Their sweet crepes look awesome as well and they even have different flavours of Tofulati (ice "cream").

The main drawback is that it's out of the way... But! The New Westminster Quay is in the midst of a total revitalization! While there, my friend & I bought a bunch of gorgeous jewellery and pretty things from Tiny, right next door (totally reminds me of Portland). Also, Donald's Market is right there and is a great place to pick up specialty groceries (great sales).... and, of course, a trip to New Westminster is not complete without a trip to Karmavore! I would recommend making an afternoon of a visit to New West (1/2 hour Skytrain ride from Vancouver). In between Karmavore and Crepes Des Amis, check out the Salvation Army thrift store on Columbia right by the New Westminster Skytrain station!

Pros: close to Karmavore, the vegan store! , great selection, excellent service

Cons: Isolated

Crepes And A Stroll - Edit

I'm so excited to see an eatery serving an array of vegan items. The owners are genuinely friendly and inviting... I tried the Catherine (banana, walnuts, and brown sugar), which was delicious, and can't wait to try a savory crepe... Also, if you want your crepe made to go, they are wrapped in a paper cone, perfect to take for a morning stroll along the boardwalk.

Pros: Friendly staff, Excellent food, Nice location

Delicious Crepes in Downtown New West! - Edit

I bought the Bordeau Crepe for dinner tonight off the savoury menu, with spinach, mushrooms and Daiya cheese. It was delish! They have a whole separate menu for vegan dishes and the couple who run it are really sweet and excited about their new vegan offerings. Can't wait to go back and try some of their sweet crepes next time.

Pros: Excellent food, Good value, Friendly staff

Delicious Crepes! - Edit

I had the bordeax savoury crepe with spinach, mushrooms and white daiya cheese. It was so good. For dessert I tried the Juliette sweet crepe with apple pie type filling and caramel sauce on top. It was really good too, especially the caramel sauce. Next time I'm going to try the ones with maple syrup. I'm so excited that there is a place that makes vegan crepes. And not just one kind either - they have a whole vegan menu! I hope they open a location in Vancouver.

So excited for Vegan Crepes! - Edit

I love French food and I was so excited to try vegan french crepes for the first time. It was everything I was hoping for. They also have really great vegan ice cream that goes perfectly with dessert crepes. This restaurant is a wonderful addition to an already great city!

Pros: Delicious, Great Customer Service, Vegan!

Return to New Westminster Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Crepe Des Amis closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1391 times since Aug 2011.