Carmen Ragosta

Contact 0142490071

8 Rue de la Grange aux Belles (at Quai de Jemmapes), Paris, France, 75010

Modern concept store combining a clothing boutique and vegan restaurant. Store sells clothes, vegan shoes and more. Restaurant serves food based on traditional Italian cooking. Also serves Italian wines, coffee, dessert. Reservations recommended. Open Wed-Sun 12:00pm-7:30pm.

Category: Vegan, Italian, Beer/Wine

First Review by Aurelia

Delicious food in a concept store - Edit

I've visited Carmen Ragosta several times in the last couple of years. There are just three tables, so it's preferred if you call ahead to reserve one.

The menu is just one plate consisting of small bites; but it is always fresh and yummy.
Desserts are also delicious. Besides the tiramisu, which is excellent, the tarts and cakes made are also worth the visit.

Carmen herself is in charge of the cooking and service; and she's always very friendly and attentive.

I'd recommend paying a visit whenever in Paris.

Pros: yummy, friendly staff, good value

Cons: none

Service génial ! - Edit

Très bon service ! J'ai bien été accueilli et j'ai pu voir tous les plats et les grandeurs ! Il y a une portion généreuse pour 9€ ! :) Cétait très bon et ca avait beaucoup de goût !

Pros: accueil exceptionnel

Cons: on ne voit pas suffisamment que c'est un resta

Lovely brunch with great desserts - Edit

We were very happy to get the chance to enjoy a brunch-plate at this clothes' store /restaurant.

The owner was very nice and the food was great - nice tofu, salads, home-made cheese and other small portions of different delicious dishes combined on one big plate. After this lovely plate of deliciousness we had two great desserts - the tiramisu and the chocolate dessert - also a great combination!

I very much recommend this place if you visit Paris!

Pros: tasty, calm

A warm and wonderful brunch - Edit

Our visit to Paris did not coincide with one of Carmen's famous evening dinners (not always on offer, so look into it before you go) so, instead, we went there for brunch.

Carmen is a delightful and warm host. She prepares all the food with great care, skill and inventiveness. The flavours are superb as is the quality.

The brunch we had was a mix of raw and cooked and all home and expertly made. We were lucky enough to have both her superb desserts, the inimitable tiramisù and an equally delicious raw chocolate mousse (with no refined sugars).

We loved the setting, which is in her clothing shop. The clothing is great too, with each a one-off piece made one size generous yet tailored enough to suit a wide variety of body types. The neighbourhood is really fun too.

Pros: Delicious food, Wonderful host, Great ambiance

Cons: None really!

A great experience - Edit

The owner was very friendly and considerate and made me feel welcome. At first I was a little put off by the price but the plate I got was a piece of art, the food is organic and made fresh and there was a good amount of it. All the dishes were creative, delicious and beautifully presented. It's clear to see that Carmen takes a lot of pride in what she does and genuinely wants people to enjoy it. The tiramisu was TO DIE FOR. I also liked that there wasn't any faux meat.

Pros: Delicious, fresh, creative food, Great service, Clean restaurant

Very nice ! - Edit

I loved the food. The veggies were very good. I loved the presentation of the plate. It was made with care and a design touch. It was cooked to the perfection with the right sauces !

The owner is very friendly as well as her dog Pipo.

Pros: Veggies well cooked, Nice sauces, Tasty

GREAT!!! - Edit

My boyfriend and I (from England) had a lovely brunch here last Sunday. All the food was delicious, the brunch plate had lots of different flavours and both our deserts were amazing. As all the reviews say the tiramisu is awesome but the chocolate pudding was really super tasty too!
Such a wonderful place, vegan food and a boutique all in one!
We recommend going here :)

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly staff

Not only tiramisu :) - Edit

I loved this place!
It totally made my day and compensated for the heavy rain and cold outside. Tiramisu was out of this world! I've always found the alcohol in the traditional version rather annoying, so Carmen's "virgin" tiramisu won my heart, stomach and taste buds immediately :) My boyfriend had a raw chocolate cake which was also brilliant - rich in flavour and not that sweet. While we were having deserts I picked nice shoes xD, a purse and even tried a hand-made skirt from Carmen's own clothing collection. Then we also had a great plate of food. All in all - that was a great evening spent with Carmen and her adorable dog :) Hope it won't be too long till we are back again! Thank you Carmen!

ALL VEGAN - Edit

This is not a vegetarian but an ALL VEGAN place. The Tiramisu is vegan as well and absolutely delicious. @HappyCow - please change the description and entry.

The food is great, fresh and homemade. We loved it! The owner was very nice and obliging.

Pros: Fresh, healthy food, Very friendly owner, Great vegan desserts

Vegan tiramisu and fine italian cuisine - Edit

This place is worth a visit! Carmen is very friendly and passionate about its italian vegan cuisine. The food is excellent and fine. Every dish is a burst of flavour. Everything is homemade, organic and fresh. The vegan tiramisu is just amazing. Portions are sufficient but not huge. The place is very pleasant and surprising since it is also a clothes shop.

Pros: very tasty homemade food, vegan tiramisu, nice place, very friendly owner

Cons: not huge portion

The tiramisu! - Edit

I had a great experience here. Novel to be eating lunch while people are coming in to buy clothes. Carmen is so friendly it feels more like you're having a meal at a friend's house. Well worth seeking out.

Cute little place with nice food - Edit

I really enjoyed going here.
You wouldn't know it's there if you weren't looking for it as from the outside it looks like (and is) a boutique fashion shop.
The choice is limited but I like that sometimes as it can make things so much easier.
And the food was really nice, quite simple and lentil/protein based. I'm not really into that side of vegan food but it was good for what it was and I'd happily go back there again.
Really nice lady who runs it too.

Pros: No burden of choice, Very healthy, Friendly

original and sweet moment - Edit

Carmen's food is simply delicious.
I went with my girl and we loved italian's veg' cooking! We had try and bought Melissa's shoes at the same time we ate an veg's tiramisu ;)

We are in love with Carmen! - Edit

We were here twice in January, and if we lived in Paris we would be here every day! This is the most perfect vegan dining in Europe to be found. Carmen Ragosta is a gorgeous and classy, creative woman. She loves animals, has an incredible sense of fashion, and she is a gourmet Italian chef! Her vegan tiramisu is the best in Paris, and I dare say, the best anywhere! We tried every vegan tiramisu we found in Europe, but Carmen's is deliciously perfect --- and served WARM!!! Her plat du jour is beautiful, creative, filling, and home-cooked Italian. You can chat with locals, get to know Carmen, and even do some chic vegan shopping for clothes and accessories. Carmen Ragosta is a renaissance woman living her dream and following her heart. One talk with this beautiful woman and you will be inspired to do the same. Thank you Carmen!!! And Pippo!!!

Pros: Carmen, Pippo, vegan tiramisu & vegan Italian meals

Kind of weird to eat in a store, but amazing food! - Edit

We didn't know what to expect, but were thrilled that we happened to get a table for dinner. It's strange to think of eating in a clothing (vegan) store, but don't let that stop you from going. Carmen will tell you what's for dinner and you will absolutely love it. Food was amazing! Don't miss the vegan tiramisu.

Pros: The food!, The owner!

Cons: Only a few tables, Not open every night

Food & Fashion in a Cool Location - Edit

This concept store/restaurant offers delicious, home-cooked Italian food and sartorial treasures for chic Parisians (and out-of-town visitors!). The owner, Carmen, and her adorable dog Pippo give all who enter a warm welcome, and every corner of the boutique is alive with color and texture and interesting things to look at. Vegans will appreciate the collection of vegan shoes, and hungry herbivores of all stripes will enjoy Carmen's cooking, which is simple, tasty, and filling.

Pros: Vegan with vegetarian options, Friendly owner, Cool location

Cons: Closed Monday and Tuesday, Only serves dinner once a week

Return to Paris Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Carmen Ragosta closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.