Britta Take Away

n/a

Via Colombo 65 cap, Riomaggiore, Italy, 19017

An all-vegan take away shop offers sandwiches, salads, hummus, cold drinks, cocktails, smoothies, juices and more. Everything is freshly made daily. Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-9:00pm.

Categories: Vegan, International, Italian, Organic, Mediterranean, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Fusion

First Review by mangojunkie

Britta Saved Us! - Edit

Two vegetarians (almost vegan... we keep chickens so we eat eggs) go to Italy.... With all the pasta, and cheese, and meaty sauces, you can see where this is going. My husband is gluten intolerant, so that added to the difficulty of eating in Italy. After about a week in Italy, we stumbled upon Britta. OMG, it was soooooo wonderful to have a fresh pressed juice, vegan bean salad, vegan potato salad, and yummy vegan sandwiches. We were in the Cinque Terre for a total of 24 hours after we found Britta, and we ate breakfast, lunch and dinner there. We even ordered extra smoothies and lunches to-go on the train for our trek to Florence. It was much needed!

Valentina, the lovely owner of this establishment, is such a great person. It was like speaking to a friend I've known for years. So friendly! She even walked across the street to translate for me at the doctor's office when I woke up with a swollen eye (I must have had an allergic reaction to something in the ocean - it was much better after some claritin).

If you are in the Cinque Terre, in any of the 5 villages, do yourself a favor and hop on the short train ride to go visit Britta. It's well worth it. I didn't even stay in Riomaggore - I was in Vernazza. The food is so tasty and it will give you a wonderful respite from trying to find the vegan option on the menu wherever else you go.

When I return to Italy's Cinque Terre, I know where to eat. I hope to be back soon!

Pros: Excellent Food, Great Service, Healthy Options

ValeBritta 30 Oct 2017 - Hi Modp was a pleasure meet you ! I loved our time together was really funny ! ?? hope to see you beautiful people again ! ??❤

Tasty Vegan Food! - Edit

Best health food restaurant in all of Cinque Terre. Valentina is amazing and very passionate about what she does. This is evident through the quality of food and the tailored customer service provided for all of her clients. Vegetarian and vegan friendly. 100% recommend.

Pros: quick service, fresh produce, clean

Cons: -, -, -

ValeBritta 16 Oct 2017 - Larissa thank you !! ? Was very funny to talk about your travel and I hope to see you again in the future ? . Thank you for all!

Delightfully Fresh and Quirky :) - Edit

You know when someone puts their heart and soul into something, because it shows and people love what other people are passionate about. Britta is definitely that for me-- both in quality of fresh smoothies and food, and most importantly the owner who breathes life into the shop.

Stumbling upon this smoothie shop & eatery was a true blessing. I was overjoyed to find in the midst of lots of unhealthy food options that overwhelm tourists, there was something that was made fresh, tasted good, and made my body feel good. But most importantly the owner who is there all day serving, is an absolute sweet heart, and she takes an active interest to all who walk in her door. You matter, and it shows in the quality of food and service presented to you.

My partner and I were in Riomaggoire for a week and we came every day to get something, sometimes more than once even if just to say hi to the owner, who is always ecstatic to see you :)

In the long short of it, you go in looking for healthy, vegan friendly options, and you walk out feeling fulfilled on many levels... and go back for more of Valentina's sweet and quirky charm, and her delicious smoothies and food.

Pros: Fresh yummy ingredients , Warm gregarious host/owner

ValeBritta 16 Oct 2017 - Dear Lauren thank you so much! You are nice and special and I was really lucky to meet you at my shop! ❤

Fantastic Vegan Take Away - Edit

We are vegan and we were looking for a place for lunch in the town of Riomaggiore, one of the 5 villages in the Cinque Terre, Italy. We checked the Happy Cow app and 300 feet away was Britta Take Away, a fantastic vegan place with lots of choices (burgers, salads, vegetables, smoothies, etc.) The food was delicious but best of all, we enjoyed talking with the owner. She spoke excellent English and was very friendly!

ValeBritta 02 Oct 2017 - Thank you so much the pleasure was mine !!. I was happy to talk with you ,you are a really nice couple . Hope to see you soon and have a good holidays!

Good selection - Edit

For a shop this size, the selection was quite big. They had salads (bulgur, couscous, greens, beans), burgers and paninis as well as smoothies etc.

I had the vegan "chicken" burger with mayo and it was delicious. I would've liked more salad fillings, but other than that I was quite happy with what I got, considering it was quite late (7.30pm) when I got there.

Pros: Good number of choices, Lovely owner

ValeBritta 24 Sep 2017 - Thank you so much mangojunkie !!! ?? Hope to see you soon!❤?

Britta takeaway

Return to Riomaggiore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Britta Take Away closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.