First Review by tinkerbell

NOT SUITABLE FOR VEGANS - Edit

This "vegetarian" cafe not only doesn't serve vegan food the staff are really rude and don't even try to accommodate you. I was made to feel unwelcome with the unfriendliness of the staff.

Cons: No VEGANS food

PROBABLY THE BEST VEGETERIAN CAFE IN TOWN - Edit

I've used almost all the other vegetarian cafes in Glastonbury and called in here today, I was immediately impressed with the cleanliness, something other places in Glastonbury should take more notice of

The menu is fairly brief but covers a lot of diverse vegan and vegetarian meals and snacks, all at a very reasonable price for such a tourist town

I had the snitzel burger, without the cheese and mayo, it was prepared very quickly and delivered to my table piping hot, it was delicious

The menu is easy to adjust for vegans and the friendly staff are only to willing to get you what you want

Pros: Good Food, Cleanliness , Menu

Not vegan friendly! - Edit

I visited the cafe on saturday. There was no mention anywhere of being vegan friendly. The only food served is vegetarian. I asked if there was anything suitable for vegans. I was told, tell us what you want off the menu and we can see. I looked at the menu but all i could see were dairy options. The only thing that looked like it could be made vegan was a jacket potatoe and mushrooms! I was told that the mushrooms aren"t vegan as already cooked in butter. No offer of cooking some that would be ok. I left feeling hungry and annoyed. If you are vegan go elsewhere.

Cons: not vegan friendly

Great food in an amazing courtyard - Edit

I have been in Glastonbury for two days and I have eaten lunch here twice. I ordered the soup, bread and a side salad both days and it was very affordable. The soup both days was vegan and absolutely delicious! The soup is homemade and hit the spot since it was a little cold. The courtyard is absolutely amazing and one could spend hours sitting here eating delicious food or drinking tea and talking with other people sitting outside. The atmosphere is wonderful. This has been my favorite restaurant in Glastonbury and I will definitely come back! I thought the service was fabulous and everyone was very friendly. The only bad thing is that they close at 5pm everyday off season, so I could only eat lunch here and not dinner.

Pros: great soup, vegan options, beautiful courtyard to eat outside

Cons: close early

I'm vegan, not a stanger - Edit

Good food and hippie atmosphere, but not clear vegan options. I think that's not good for a vegetarian restaurant.
Unfortunatly the unique option available for me was resulted hummus and pitta bread.

Pros: variety, hippie atmosphere, location

Cons: no vegan options, no vegan options, no vegan options

Veggie junk food - Edit

Veggie junk food for the masses. Not bad for what it is. Be wary of anything that needs to be cooked carefully, because the staff are mostly poorly paid teenagers. Also, it's worth noting that the owners are meat-eaters, as are all the staff (at the time of writing). It's not unusual for the staff to be eating bacon butties in the kitchen before the cafe opens.

Pros: Veggie junk food!, Sunny courtyard, Reasonably priced

Cons: Occassionally rude staff, Owned by omnivores, Veggie junk food!

Totally deserves a higher rating! Great food !!! - Edit

It was so cool, when we ate there the FRY's Vegan Delivery truck was parked outside unloading the veggie burgers they use. I had no idea the UK had trucks full of vegan good stuff driving around making deliveries with the big VEGAN SOCIETY logo on the side! What a good omen about what was to follow inside! We ordered the Vegan Burger & Chili Baked Potato. The burger was amazing with some seriously tangy sauces and not very fatty at all. The Chili had a tad bit of oil in it, but I just picked out the beans/tomatoes to avoid the fat and it was all outstanding. They have a really nice outdoor area in back, too!

Pros: Fry's products, Veg Burger, outdoor area in back

Uninspired food - Edit

Mmmm I'm not sure that I am going to be able to give this place a good review, the food is uninspired and rather expensive. If they put more thought into the food Im sure I would be able to give a better review. The choice for vegans is fair but all the food on the menu is dull and has nothing to make it stand out. No vegan cake options on the day that I went in. If you are in the town and no where else is open then I would say go in...

Pros: nice atmosphere

Cons: uninspired food, no vegan cake options

great food - Edit

Always able to find suitable food for us as a family;including my vegan husband. Good prices with friendly service. Lovely to sit out in the courtyard in the summer! Great selection of food served fresh and hot;good sized portions. On dull,wet and windy days their hot chocolate is a great warmer!

Pros: good sized portions, great choice of food, family freindly

Cons: ouside loo

Return to Glastonbury Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Blue Note Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4175 times since Aug 2007.